Does CCM call plays?

Dougie_D

I was just wondering if there are specific plays that are called.... because I really can't tell.

I remember specific Pearl plays. There was one where Lofton would get open from the top of the arc and instead of shooting it, he would Alley-oop it to Prince or someone like that. It happened so many times.

This team doesn't play above the rim like Pearl's did. I can't recall the last time we completed an alley-oop. J.P. Prince seemed to connect on at least one every game.

tooooooooooooo dependent on 3 pt shot i listen to the game and bob knight dead on there was no ball fakes and they look scared to shoot

This team doesn't play above the rim like Pearl's did. I can't recall the last time we completed an alley-oop. J.P. Prince seemed to connect on at least one every game.
We did against Ole Miss. It didn't count.
Moore to Hall. fouled before .

and if anything, pearl had a lot less set plays called.

have people forgotten all the complaining about UT running the flex for 25 seconds and then chucking up something?

Reactions: 5 people
It's amazing how short some people memories are.

That flex was horrible. People also don't get that Chism is the best post we have had in a long time. Maybe since Ron Slay. He did it all. T. Harris would have been a good one as well. Having a solid post and a true PG makes a coaches life so much easier. Martin has neither one of these things at the moment. Pearl also failed to discipline/ develop talent. Duke 5 star post was a bust, Ramar Smith 4 star PG was a bust, Hopson 5 star SG was a bust, Woolridge 4 star SF was a bust, should I keep going?

Reactions: 1 person
That flex was horrible. People also don't get that Chism is the best post we have had in a long time. Maybe since Ron Slay. He did it all. T. Harris would have been a good one as well. Having a solid post and a true PG makes a coaches life so much easier. Martin has neither one of these things at the moment. Pearl also failed to discipline/ develop talent. Duke 5 star post was a bust, Ramar Smith 4 star PG was a bust, Hopson 5 star SG was a bust, Woolridge 4 star SF was a bust, should I keep going?

Hmmmmmm!!! Reviving BB at UT. Consistently going to the NCAA and getting deep into it. Beating the #1 team in the country with a patched up line up. Ranked #1 for a week. Consistently filling TBA. Yeah, that is a terrible BB record for Tennessee.

His NCAA violations got him in trouble, but to say his coaching was not good for UT is ignoring the facts.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope CCM can get it done. He needs another year or 2 to prove it one way or another. Or, it is back to mediocrity for BB.

Hmmmmmm!!! Reviving BB at UT. Consistently going to the NCAA and getting deep into it. Beating the #1 team in the country with a patched up line up. Ranked #1 for a week. Consistently filling TBA. Yeah, that is a terrible BB record for Tennessee.

His NCAA violations got him in trouble, but to say his coaching was not good for UT is ignoring the facts.

I was talking mostly of his recruiting. Everyone with a brain knows he's wasn't a great player developer. Everyone with a brain also knows his last year here our offense was horrible because they stalled the ball for 20 sec every possession. People need to take the Pearl googles off.

They don't play below it either....

CM already counting his buyout.

and if anything, pearl had a lot less set plays called.

have people forgotten all the complaining about UT running the flex for 25 seconds and then chucking up something?

It's amazing that some people forget about how average of an offensive halfcourt coach that Bruce Pearl became after the three point bombers he inherited finally graduated.

Reactions: 2 people
Yes. That elite 8 run was terrible. Dreadful.

Give me a break.

clearly you didn't pay much attention during the run. Pearl played much more like Martin's system than his run and gun system with lofton and smith. he focused of defense and a half court game the second half of the season and that is why they made the run.

clearly you didn't pay much attention during the run. Pearl played much more like Martin's system than his run and gun system with lofton and smith. he focused of defense and a half court game the second half of the season and that is why they made the run.

Reading. Comprehension.

Or maybe you didn't detect my sarcasm.

The dude was ripping pearl's half court offense which is ridiculous because the deepest run we've ever made was running half court and slower tempo, not the fast pace style of the early pearl era.

McRae is the only one that can play above the rim, and he has to have the ball in his hands. Hubbs will change that. Hopefully, Moore will improve as well. If we can get a true PG with McRae, Hubbs, Maymon, and Stokes could be real good and bringing in Richardson and Moore makes the team pretty athletic.

I'm not sure we've connected smoothly on an oop since JP and Bobby left. Boggles my mind that a bunch of big time college athletes can't throw an oop during the course of a season.

Or maybe you didn't detect my sarcasm.

The dude was ripping pearl's half court offense which is ridiculous because the deepest run we've ever made was running half court and slower tempo, not the fast pace style of the early pearl era.

yeah, that flex system was allsome without lofton and smith

VN Store

Back