Next 8 games...

bleedingTNorange

Will make or break the season. We will be favored in probably 6 of the next 8 games and if we could beat Bama tomorrow at home that'd be a nice start. Say they do that and win 7 of the next 8, well be 16- 9 or go 6 of 8 and be 15-10.

Our losses are against Oklahoma State, Georgetown, Virginia, Memphis, Ole Missx2, Bama and Kentucky...those 8 teams are all good. Bama will likely make the dance, and I'm sure Kentucky will as well...so right now 7/8 losses are against tourney teams. Up to this point we've taken care of the lesser teams, let's see if we can do that the rest of the way.

If they can, 17 or 18 wins is still very possible. Last year we were 9-11 at this point and closed on a 9-3 run. Maybe I'm just too optimistic, but I won't write off the season until it's over.

Reactions: 3 people
Will make or break the season. We will be favored in probably 6 of the next 8 games and if we could beat Bama tomorrow at home that'd be a nice start. Say they do that and win 7 of the next 8, well be 16- 9 or go 6 of 8 and be 15-10.

Our losses are against Oklahoma State, Georgetown, Virginia, Memphis, Ole Missx2, Bama and Kentucky...those 8 teams are all good. Bama will likely make the dance, and I'm sure Kentucky will as well...so right now 7/8 losses are against tourney teams. Up to this point we've taken care of the lesser teams, let's see if we can do that the rest of the way.

If they can, 17 or 18 wins is still very possible. Last year we were 9-11 at this point and closed on a 9-3 run. Maybe I'm just too optimistic, but I won't write off the season until it's over.
All home games are now Must wins, if you're going to dance.

Good post, I agree but we need to find another scorer besides McRae. GBO!!!!!

Can't wait until baseball season and spring football practice.

It's too late for this season for the basketball team. They should be preparing the non-senior roster for next season. McBrick and Hall can sit. And if Zo doesn't bring in a quality PG, he will be joining Wade and Buzz.

Unfortunately, this team has too many flaws to make to the NCAA tourney: Stokes underachieving/regressing, Hall disappearing, Golden ....... who the hell knows what's happened to Golden. Plus, they just don't know how to finish and win a tight game. This year is shot. However, I see really good things on the horizon- Maymon coming back next year is like adding a 5star recruit, McRae is a stud, Richardson, Reese, Moore are all talented and will only get better plus we have a few top recruits, most notably 5 star Hubbs out of Dyersburg. This year just gets the guys experience for a big run next year. We all need to have patience, as difficult as it is to watch right now

Reactions: 2 people
By make or break the season, I'm not inferring "make" means making the dance. What I mean is finishing with 17-18 regular season wins, I think at this point that's probably the best we can realistically hope for.

Finish this season strong, win a couple at the SECT and be mentioned as close to the bubble and I'll be happy and feel optimistic about next year.

selection committee would do all they can to get Kentucky in the tourney.. too much revenue lost if they aren't.

Team can only afford 2 or 3 more losses in the next 13 SEC games to make the big dance if they don't win the SEC Tourney. Not going to happen....

Only way we make the dance is to win the conference tourney. This team can't win 8 in a row, they'll be lucky to win half of those games. It's called reality - reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined.
We have some good pieces, but not enough ball handling and shooters.

Only way we make the dance is to win the conference tourney. This team can't win 8 in a row, they'll be lucky to win half of those games. It's called reality - reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined.

I feel confident they'll go better than 4-4 over the next 8.

I was saying the same thing last year at 9-11. Then, they go 9-3 and beat UF twice. That was reality.

I love all of the sayings to prop up people's feelings about this team and coach. This team may or may not do that again, but it is not beyond reality. Give me a break.

Whatever happens, next year is what will decide whether or not CCM is the long term answer.

VN Store

Back