Can we bring back...

Stoked

Buzz before we bring Pearl back, so he can stock him up with an NBA pg and a AA sg? :crazy:
That's how ridiculous some of you guys sound. Anyone that expected this team to be great without Maymon is not very realistic. Give Martin until next year until you write him completely off..

Reactions: 7 people
Buzz before we bring Pearl back, so he can stock him up with an NBA pg and a AA sg? :crazy:
That's how ridiculous some of you guys sound. Anyone that expected this team to be great without Maymon is not very realistic. Give Martin until next year until you write him completely off..

Yeah that same tandem that won 14 games the yr before.

Reactions: 2 people
This team gave effort last night, just didn't finish. But give Ole Miss some credit they have some agrresive Bigs in the post and one helluva shooter in Henderson. CCM is just in his second year and again folk act as though he has been coaching this team for 4 or 5 years.

Reactions: 1 person
The defense was tough. Defensive rebounding in 1st half was awesome against that OM lineup. Our offense is just terrible. I am looking for a word--maybe dysfunctional is it. Ball goes inside and can't make layups. Over 20 turnovers. Can't close out a game. Can't make free throws to finish a game. Stokes is an offensive liability until he can make free throws. Kenny Hall played much better than Stokes last night. Armani Moore is going to be a hoss when he gets more experience.

Does Cuonzo put too much emphasis on defense at the expense of an offense? I don't know the answer to that, but it sure looks that way. We will be back to mediocrity if he doesn't correct it. Maybe all ready there.

We almost beat an undefeated team on their home court. This team will get better. Go Vols!

Wow like UT almost beat UGA in athens in football :ermm: So are you saying they planted a flag and screamed at the top of their lungs they will not go quietly into the night and rah rah rah?

Just wait until next year! Woooo! Maymon is the answer to all our problems! Wooo! Anybody that doesn't see that doesn't know anything about basketball! Woooo!

This board cracks me up. I enjoy reading it most days. If we could only get on a winning streak the enjoyment would go up ten fold.

Just wait until next year! Woooo! Maymon is the answer to all our problems! Wooo! Anybody that doesn't see that doesn't know anything about basketball! Woooo!

This board cracks me up. I enjoy reading it most days. If we could only get on a winning streak the enjoyment would go up ten fold.
Ok adding Maymon down low that is going to bring 10-15 ppg a night and adding Hubbs that will do the same is going to make this team really good. I have a feeling you will be eating crow a lot next year. It's going to kill you to see the team do so well, and for Martin to be winning and staying at least a year after that. Lol I can't wait!

Ok adding Maymon down low that is going to bring 10-15 ppg a night and adding Hubbs that will do the same is going to make this team really good. I have a feeling you will be eating crow a lot next year. It's going to kill you to see the team do so well, and for Martin to be winning and staying at least a year after that. Lol I can't wait!

I would love to see them do well. I'm a UT basketball fan, not a cuonzo fan. If it clicks in his coaching brain and he plays to his strengths, this team has better than .500 talent right now. He's just not a major program coach right now. I'm don't see how disagreeing with that is even possible.

I would love to see them do well. I'm a UT basketball fan, not a cuonzo fan. If it clicks in his coaching brain and he plays to his strengths, this team has better than .500 talent right now. He's just not a major program coach right now. I'm don't see how disagreeing with that is even possible.
Not right now, but look at the talent level he has to work with. Almost every player he has brought in has looked promising and is imprroving. Minus Wasphun, Q, and the JUCO's.

Seems like everyone is counting on one incoming Freshman(Hubbs) to turn things around next year. Kentucky has a whole team of players just like him and may not make the tournament. Everyone thought Stokes would help out too but these kids are hit or miss.

Seems like everyone is counting on one incoming Freshman(Hubbs) to turn things around next year. Kentucky has a whole team of players just like him and may not make the tournament. Everyone thought Stokes would help out too but these kids are hit or miss.

Another clueless basketball poster. Hubbs is an automatic 15 PPG player the minute he steps on the court. Woooo!

Not right now, but look at the talent level he has to work with. Almost every player he has brought in has looked promising and is imprroving. Minus Wasphun, Q, and the JUCO's.

Is .555 recruiting success a plus for any coach?
5 out of 9 improving and not a PG in the bunch.

Why don't you see how many of pearls turned out and how many pg's he got.

I understand the de facto excuse on most posts from the cuonzo club is to blame or correlate to Pearl for some reason.

But how does Pearl's recruiting have any impact at all on cuonzo's recruiting success/failure?

Every day I am closer to agreeing with you. I hope something happens soon to prove you wrong.

If it clicks in his coaching brain and he plays to his strengths, this team has better than .500 talent right now.

do they?

Ole miss, Oklahoma State, Bama, Georgetown, Memphis and UK all have more "talent" than we do.

If you go by "talent" alone Tennessee is middle of the pack in the SEC, and that's likely where we'll finish.

do they?

Ole miss, Oklahoma State, Bama, Georgetown, Memphis and UK all have more "talent" than we do.

If you go by "talent" alone Tennessee is middle of the pack in the SEC, and that's likely where we'll finish.

I assume you are using some "star" ranking system.

I'm using my eyes and seeing how poorly good players are being used.

After you watch the UAT game tomorrow come on here and tell me how UAT has more talent on their roster than UT. It's just not true.

The mismatch tomorrow will be between Grant and cuonzo.

I assume you are using some "star" ranking system.

I'm using my eyes and seeing how poorly good players are being used.

After you watch the UAT game tomorrow come on here and tell me how UAT has more talent on their roster than UT. It's just not true.

The mismatch tomorrow will be between Grant and cuonzo.

That's because that's what you want your eyes to see...take an unbiased look at things and look at the actual talent on both team. Alabama has the 2nd most talent in the SEC, so no we aren't more talented than them, no matter how many times you say it.

VN Store

Back