This is what I like to see

SJAVol32

http://twitter.com/JeronneMaymon/status/294213720316469248

Wish we had him this year but one more year of a completely healthy Maymon has me excited!!

Last edited:
Spoke with him Sunday as he was headed to rehab. Told him to hang in there that it will pay off.

No love for Richardson?

Guys, Richardson hustles like no other and I love him for that alone. He is just not that good IMHO. Awesome on defense, but really lacking on offense. I've seen some serious bricks from him. How about those free throws at the end of the Ole Miss game..........WOW!!! One didn't even touch the rim. Are you kidding me??? Again, JMO.

Guys, Richardson hustles like no other and I love him for that alone. He is just not that good IMHO. Awesome on defense, but really lacking on offense. I've seen some serious bricks from him. How about those free throws at the end of the Ole Miss game..........WOW!!! One didn't even touch the rim. Are you kidding me??? Again, JMO.

Hard to take what you say seriously when you clearly don't even know what game you're talking about...

Richardson is averaging 8.8 pts /gm this season. Puts him in 4th place on the team. He has a fairly well rounded offensive game, IMO. FT shooting is bad, but overall I think he's a good scoring option for this team.

Richardson is averaging 8.8 pts /gm this season. Puts him in 4th place on the team. He has a fairly well rounded offensive game, IMO. FT shooting is bad, but overall I think he's a good scoring option for this team.

Josh trails Jarnell by only .6% for team lead in fg%, that's insane. Josh shoots almost 52% from the field, and that numbers lately brought down by his 28% from 3 number.

With how good and effective he is inside 18 feet I'd like to see him be more aggresive.

Josh trails Jarnell by only .6% for team lead in fg%, that's insane. Josh shoots almost 52% from the field, and that numbers lately brought down by his 28% from 3 number.

With how good and effective he is inside 18 feet I'd like to see him be more aggresive.

But he's only a 3 star he couldn't possibly be this good (insert sarcasm here) but in all seriousness. He's playing way above expectations for year two. I thought he'd eventually be good and contribute but he's got the talent to be all conference and make a NBA team and he's only a sophomore. He's still improving from 3. Not over doing it from there. Only shooting when open. He's starting to remind me of Tyler Smith might be a little stretch but that's who I think of.

Yeah, I noticed his fg% too when I was looking at the stats earlier. I think he's definitely become more aggressive this year, but I'm hesitant to say he should press it more. He was a little too aggressive on the offensive end against KY (I think that's the game I'm trying to remember). He forced things a little too much which created some untimely turnovers. It's gonna be about him finding offensive balance in each game. With that said, it's always a good sign when he comes out hitting his shots and finding driving lanes like he did against MS St.

But he's only a 3 star he couldn't possibly be this good (insert sarcasm here) but in all seriousness. He's playing way above expectations for year two. I thought he'd eventually be good and contribute but he's got the talent to be all conference and make a NBA team and he's only a sophomore. He's still improving from 3. Not over doing it from there. Only shooting when open. He's starting to remind me of Tyler Smith might be a little stretch but that's who I think of.

I still see the liggins similarities. Liggins went 24%, 32% and 39% from 3 in his 3 years at UK, if Richardson could get up to that 37-40% range he'd be very hard to guard.

Only a three star, but he was a top 125 player according to rivals. Compare him to a guy like Kenny Hall who was a 4 star top 75 player. I'd say Richardson has lived up to his potential thus far in his career, where as Kenny has not as a senior. You could probably look at most guys in the 50-125 range in a given class and not have any idea how they'll pan out in college. It's more like they should be ranked 50A, 50B, etc. Richardson has drive and ambition, and they've helped him come closer to reaching his potential. Unfortunately, can't say the same for Kenny.

I still see the liggins similarities. Liggins went 24%, 32% and 39% from 3 in his 3 years at UK, if Richardson could get up to that 37-40% range he'd be very hard to guard.

And that will be good to get him in the league with the way he plays defense. Either way ill be happy to have him for another two years along side Hubbs and hopefully other talent.

Only a three star, but he was a top 125 player according to rivals. Compare him to a guy like Kenny Hall who was a 4 star top 75 player. I'd say Richardson has lived up to his potential thus far in his career, where as Kenny has not as a senior. You could probably look at most guys in the 50-125 range in a given class and not have any idea how they'll pan out in college. It's more like they should be ranked 50A, 50B, etc. Richardson has drive and ambition, and they've helped him come closer to reaching his potential. Unfortunately, can't say the same for Kenny.

I totally agree with you. Kenny fully disappoints me. I wish I had his height and I'm 6'4. I feel like he's a 6'8 player and plays like he's 5'10 with no fight. No way he should ever get out rebounded and be bullied night in and night out. Our coaches have given him every chance to succeed and he doesn't seem to want it. Seasons not over I want to see him put together a good season but I don't see it.

VN Store

Back