Trae Golden's inconsistency

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
First ten games: 13.2 ppg 4.9 apg 1.7 tpg 39%/30.7%/76.6% along with 6.0 free throws per game and 10 FGA per game

Since the Xavier game, when he injured his shoulder (before or during the game), so his last six:

Last six games: 6.8 ppg 3.8 apg 2.5 tpg 31.7%/9%/71.4% along with 3.5 free throws per game and 6.8 FGA per game.

Now, before the Xavier game, he had eight double digit scoring games...only once since then. His minutes have gone down (about six per game), but I noticed the lack of free throw attempts and then the three point percentage dip.

I think the shoulder definitely was hurting. And despite what he thought, he's slightly increasing the turnovers.

I thought Golden played very well this past game, and hopefully he continues. UT was 7-3 before his shoulder injury...they are 2-4 since he got hurt.

Shoulder or not, the effort has lapsed too much. You fight through something you can feed off adrenaline. If you mope through it, its trouble. Basketball is a game of confidence. Its amazing how many times aches don't hurt as bad when you are confident and playing well.

Shoulder or not, the effort has lapsed too much. You fight through something you can feed off adrenaline. If you mope through it, its trouble. Basketball is a game of confidence. Its amazing how many times aches don't hurt as bad when you are confident and playing well.

Did you even think before you wrote this?

Reactions: 1 person
And people said bull***t when I said an injured shoulder affects your game.

Been my biggest complaint with him through this slump. Shoulder injury shouldn't be effecting his decision making, effort and overall emotion in a negative manner, but he has let it.

And people said bull***t when I said an injured shoulder affects your game.

Of course an injured shoulder will affect a players game. But that doesn't mean your effort and decision making needs to lag. That's the mental aspect. And it appears a couple of posters aren't aware of how that works.

Of course an injured shoulder will affect a players game. But that doesn't mean your effort and decision making needs to lag. That's the mental aspect. And it appears a couple of posters aren't aware of how that works.

I was speaking purely from the physical aspect of it. I agree about the mental part.

gotcha. Still waiting for the other guy who dogged what I said to respond back. Still not sure where I missed on Trae.

You didn't. His lack of effort has been problematic. Hopefully he comes around soon. We can still have a good season if he gets back to form.

If they're gonna go on a run they need the old golden.

So true Bleed, but I'm beginning to like the ball more in McCrae's hands as he can create offensively better than anyone else on this team. If they can get 15pts/10rebs from Stokes a night this team will be hard to beat. Good teams typically have that Three Headed Monster (3 players) that are your go to players. UT could have that if Golden steps up (the other two being Stokes & McCrae). Moore is getting the message and could emerge a bright spot going into next season. And no, I didn't forget about Richardson. His recruitment makes you forget about Washpun.

So true Bleed, but I'm beginning to like the ball more in McCrae's hands as he can create offensively better than anyone else on this team. If they can get 15pts/10rebs from Stokes a night this team will be hard to beat. Good teams typically have that Three Headed Monster (3 players) that are your go to players. UT could have that if Golden steps up (the other two being Stokes & McCrae). Moore is getting the message and could emerge a bright spot going into next season. And no, I didn't forget about Richardson. His recruitment makes you forget about Washpun.

Washpun was just a filler. We had no walk on worth a scholly so CCM took a chance on him and it didn't work out .

Bleed - I see 2014 Leron Black has an offer from UT. Does that mean we have a chance at a visit?

We actually did it some yesterday, have McRae handle the ball even though golden was in the game, I liked it. Golden can still create for others, and he had 9 assists so that was a good sign.

I agree with sparty. Trae has the skills to lead this team to more victories. But sometimes he shows up...sometimes he don't.

Personally, I think he is waxing his Buick prior to some of the games.

VN Store

Back