1290 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Those who say CCM doesn't work the refs... Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Originally Posted by UT IE 95 Interesting thread from the cuonzo club. This just shows he can't get a tech ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 08:17 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT IE 95 View Post
Interesting thread from the cuonzo club. This just shows he can't get a tech even when he tries. Even the refs don't respect him enough.
Or respect him that much?

Which is it?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
I thought some of those calls; I thought they were ridiculous to be honest with you. I said you canít win ball games like that. Then if itís going to be played that way just call it on both ends of the floor. I just think you have to have some consistency in that department.Ē
So he's gone from blaming players not making enough shots to the refs now? Good grief.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
Or respect him that much?

Which is it?
Hahahahaha. These aren't church league refs. They know when a coach is trying to get T'd up on purpose. Hahahahahaha.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #19 (permalink)

[QUOTE=UT IE 95;8159939]Interesting thread from the cuonzo club. This just shows he can't get a tech even when he tries. Even the refs don't respect him enough.

Yeah, because receiving techs is all about being respected.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:28 AM   #20 (permalink)
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MannyD View Post
Yeah, because receiving techs is all about being respected.
NCAA refs understand that a tech is a coach's tool. When a coach is trying to get one during a tough stretch of a game and the refs look the other way what would you call it?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:29 AM   #21 (permalink)
Big Member

who cares about a tech. Work the refs. Work the angles. Work them on handchecking. Illegal picks. Over the backs, etc, etc. You work the refs, you get the calls. You don't work them and you don't. Everygame, all game, work the refs.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
Most passionate fan base

Quote:
Originally Posted by utvolkyle06 View Post
He has never had a technical foul called on him his entire coaching career according to the game announcers. So it's hard to buy what you are selling.
Especially when the OP himself, said just the other day in another thread, that was his one complaint against CCM, the fact he never engages the ref's on bad questionable calls. Talk about calling the kettle black so to speak. Ridiculous thread by OP.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:39 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
NCAA refs understand that a tech is a coach's tool. When a coach is trying to get one during a tough stretch of a game and the refs look the other way what would you call it?
Not freakin respect. You realize a tech punishes the receiving team, right. To say that a ref respects a coach so he helps him out by T'ing him up and thereby helping that team is to say that the refs are biased. Which plays directly into Cuonzo's argument of the officiating going against UT (to which you replied something about Cuonzo deflecting blame). So what's it gonna be? can't have it both ways.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:41 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITSGR82BATNVOL View Post
Especially when the OP himself, said just the other day in another thread, that was his one complaint against CCM, the fact he never engages the ref's on bad questionable calls. Talk about calling the kettle black so to speak. Ridiculous thread by OP.
It is my biggest complaint, but when something is put out just because it goes against my belief I still can post it can't I?

I've said Quinn has mentioned it in the last week, and now this article...so maye he works them more than any of us (including myself) realized. Is that not ok?

Last edited by bleedingTNorange; 01-19-2013 at 08:43 AM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:42 AM   #25 (permalink)

Working the refs is obvious a weakness of CCM. I've never seen a half of college bb where a team doesn't shoot 1 ft in a half like in the KY game. Not saying that it's never been done, but I don't recall ever seeing it. Ole Miss set a record for most ft shot by an opponent in TBA.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
So he's gone from blaming players not making enough shots to the refs now? Good grief.
Yea the guy always uses the words they, not we in his pressers, you're right. He has definitely taken blame for the poor play, would you like some quotes?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 08:47 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachwgh View Post
Why does everyone(I realized not everyone, literally) want him to get a tech? I think he works the refs enough. Vol fans should be proud that we don't have a bat crap crazy guy losing control of his emotions and providing that as an example to his players. Coaches that scream and cuss on the regular teach their players to do so as well. That isn't good for anyone.
You must have never played organized basketball. A coach getting a T is a great way to fire your players up and to get the crowd going not too mention you get to let refs know how you feel about the calls. Coach K cusses and screams. Almost every great coach is crazy on the sidelines and that's hood for the entire game of basketball.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTjonez View Post
You must have never played organized basketball. A coach getting a T is a great way to fire your players up and to get the crowd going not too mention you get to let refs know how you feel about the calls. Coach K cusses and screams. Almost every great coach is crazy on the sidelines and that's hood for the entire game of basketball.
I think I'd rather have a coach that I could take my 8 year old to a practice and not have to leave after 10 minutes because of all the "teenage look at me I'm cool" screaming and cursing like some common street thug....and by the way Cal may be as bad as Kevin O'neal was....I've been around Cal off court on several occassions and that's the language he uses everyday...still liked him though...Soooooooooo...I too would like to see CCM be a little more assertive on the sidelines although I have seen him so great emotion on several occassions...just doesnt live with emotions all the time...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 10:00 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachwgh View Post
Why does everyone(I realized not everyone, literally) want him to get a tech? I think he works the refs enough. Vol fans should be proud that we don't have a bat crap crazy guy losing control of his emotions and providing that as an example to his players. Coaches that scream and cuss on the regular teach their players to do so as well. That isn't good for anyone.

Yea because we've got so many players playing with a lot of emotion in games.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #30 (permalink)

If he couldn't find a way to get a tech while they reviewed a non-foul by McBee and came back with their BS foul call, then he is behind the curve in coaching. All I would have done is told them to keep rewinding the tape and go back and call all of the fouls and walks they missed already. He is weak on the bench for not supporting his guys.
Reply With Quote TOP