Mississippi State Bulldogs: 7-8 (2-1)

hyoflhueqc3u3whapwey2gjnj.gif

4:00 PM ET, January 19, 2013
Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville, TN

Coverage: SEC Network
Listen: University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site
Online: ESPN3

Line: UT -13

If we can manage to somehow knock off Missippi State, then the worm may have finally turned. If not, then prepare yourselves for more doom and gloom.

Line does surprise me a bit, seeing as how the statisticians on this site say numbers point to bulldog win.

I said it a couple days ago, I think CCM uses this as a confidence game, I wouldn't be surprised to see us win by 20+ today. Mississippi State is BAD, they are a very untalented team, least talented team in SEC.

On the flip side, you lose this game at home and that's probably all she wrote on the season.

State is so bad that if we lose this one then sell the outhouse because we have lost our azz.

With the line up change, it's their freshmen against ours.
Their 2 are 4* rivals 150s.
Ware will play Stokes.
We may be able to eek it out at home.

Line does surprise me a bit, seeing as how the statisticians on this site say numbers point to bulldog win.

I said it a couple days ago, I think CCM uses this as a confidence game, I wouldn't be surprised to see us win by 20+ today. Mississippi State is BAD, they are a very untalented team, least talented team in SEC.

On the flip side, you lose this game at home and that's probably all she wrote on the season.
The stats were given because the commentators had been dissing our defense using the points per possession statistics.
Conference games only they still show M State a 4 point favorite which could easily be overcome by home court advantage.
Figuring All games played we win by a large margin.
How close the game is depends on getting back to playing defense like we did early and keeping the offense going.
Play defense like we have last 4 games and we make it close.

The stats were given because the commentators had been dissing our defense using the points per possession statistics.
Conference games only they still show M State a 4 point favorite which could easily be overcome by home court advantage.
Figuring All games played we win by a large margin.
How close the game is depends on getting back to playing defense like we did early and keeping the offense going.
Play defense like we have last 4 games and we make it close.

I understand the stats, am just surprised by those numbers and the line.

Sorry. those were position rankings.
Scratch that.

Yea didn't think they did. That is the least talented roster in the SEC, Rick Ray has a tall task ahead of him.

And their freshman 4* Ware you were referring to is averaging about 25mpg 3pts and 5rbd in SEC play so far.

Yea didn't think they did. That is the least talented roster in the SEC, Rick Ray has a tall task ahead of him.

And their freshman 4* Ware you were referring to is averaging about 25mpg 3pts and 5rbd in SEC play so far.
Rick Ray will play a zone and dare us to shoot the 3.
Wondering if Martin has been studying up on the zone and figured out how to attack it without the 3 pt shot.

Last edited:
If Jaleen goes off in this game, I'm likely to sling my coke bottle at McBee for using the scholly that Jaleen should have. We picked the wrong hometown kid.

VN Store

Back