When do we seriously become concerned about the direction of the Vols?

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
1/15/13 Rupp Arena - Lexington, KY Kentucky 75, Tennessee 65 1/12/13 Tuscaloosa, Ala. (Coleman Coliseum) Alabama 68, Tennessee 65 01/09/13 Knoxville, Tenn. (Thompson-Boling Arena) Ole Miss 92, Tennessee 74 01/04/13 Knoxville, Tenn. (Thompson-Boling Arena) Memphis 85, Tennessee 80

I've been seriously concerned about both football and basketball for the last 4 years or so

Football is a massive concern. Basketball will become the same way if CCM doesn't work out and Hart and Jimmy Booger Picker don't spend top dollars to get a great coach here. Money talks, and it seams we weren't willing to spend the money for a football coach so why would that change for basketball... SEC basketball isn't like football. We don't have that come coach in SEC pitch like we do in football. All we have is a great fan base, top of the line facilities, and money to draw a great coach here.

I think the bigger question is does it really matter if we, as a fan base, are concerned about the direction of UT athletics?

Best I can tell, the only decision-point the AD looks at that can be related to fans is $ spent on tix & concessions. At the end of the day, they expect us to support whomever they hire just because it has the 'UT' label on it.

I, for one, have been concerned about the direction of UT fball since Cutcliffe left, and UT basketball since Pearl's NCAA issues started. However, as long as I pony up for tix to both sports, UT could care less about my concerns.

Reactions: 2 people
It is what it is....best player on the team is red shirted...Maymon was the energy behind the great run we had. He is not on the floor....Stokes IMO does not have that Chris Webber type mentallity yet that "I am bigger, stronger, and better than you....so I will own you" yet. With lack of pure shooters...this is the result.

Who is still optimistic? Yeah, it's possible to get on a roll, but I don't see that as something we could reasonably expect.
Optimism: Still making the NIT.
Going to find out how meaningful the possession stats are.
Only team worse than us on defense in the SEC is SC. (last 3 games)
We're only slightly better than MState on offense.
And we play down to teams.
Wouldn't put this game in the bank just yet.

Reactions: 1 person
If this team is still playing this way in year 4 of CCM's regime then yes concerns are warranted. But this is his second season and his best player is side lined. Not advocating the ole "wait til next year" but he is getting the best from this team. McCrae is playing solid, Yemi has given some great mins, Richardson is showing improvement and leadership. Stokes, Golden, McBee and Hall need to step it up. The one area I would say CCM needs to improve on is his talent assessment of recruits. Edwards and Cheivous really haven't brought much "yet".

Reactions: 1 person
If this team is still playing this way in year 4 of CCM's regime then yes concerns are warranted. But this is his second season and his best player is side lined. Not advocating the ole "wait til next year" but he is getting the best from this team. McCrae is playing solid, Yemi has given some great mins, Richardson is showing improvement and leadership. Stokes, Golden, McBee and Hall need to step it up. The one area I would say CCM needs to improve on is his talent assessment of recruits. Edwards and Cheivous really haven't brought much "yet".

The best from this team? We are tied for last in the SEC with also one of the worst overall records in the SEC with our "big" win at home versus Wichita State. I know he is missing Maymon but people act like he is Michael Jordan or Rose. He is a 12-8 guy that we should be able to come close to making up that production he was giving us.

The best from this team? We are tied for last in the SEC with also one of the worst overall records in the SEC with our "big" win at home versus Wichita State. I know he is missing Maymon but people act like he is Michael Jordan or Rose. He is a 12-8 guy that we should be able to come close to making up that production he was giving us.

Dude, not trying to make excuses but injuries do cause set backs with teams. However as I mentioned there are some guys that need to step it up.

Might be a good idea to check a prospect's field goal percentage before making an offer. Gunners wanted. :yes:

Optimism: Still making the NIT.
Going to find out how meaningful the possession stats are.
Only team worse than us on defense in the SEC is SC. (last 3 games)
We're only slightly better than MState on offense.
And we play down to teams.
Wouldn't put this game in the bank just yet.

Making the NIT is like going to the Music city bowl, I thought we as a whole program have bigger goals that, dont we.:ermm:

VN Store

Back