2098 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Basketball 5Stars Page 3. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Originally Posted by allvol_12 If the expectations for Hubbs aren't tempered, I feel some are gonna be critical of him ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 12:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Against the Grain
 
UT IE 95's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 9,973
Likes: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by allvol_12 View Post
If the expectations for Hubbs aren't tempered, I feel some are gonna be critical of him early on as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
My fear as well.
What? Most of your posts reference Hubbs.

Guard problems? - Hubbs
Shooting problems? - Hubbs
Recruiting problems? - Hubbs
Winning problems? - Hubbs
Attacking problems? - Hubbs
Clutch problems? - Hubbs
Scoring problems? - Hubbs
Tournament problems? - Hubbs
UT IE 95 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #32 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
AlaskaVol's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 913
Likes: 155
The Round Mound of Rebound could dunk and rise up off the floor. Is it possible that Stoke's feet are too big or something. Has he ever dunked in a game? At least if he would get up on his tippy toes he would be elevated a bit.

I think he is a little slow and lacking in fast twitch fibers. Who was a successful player that never got his feet off the floor?
AlaskaVol is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #33 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bleedingTNorange's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 41,339
Likes: 8,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT IE 95 View Post
What? Most of your posts reference Hubbs.

Guard problems? - Hubbs
Shooting problems? - Hubbs
Recruiting problems? - Hubbs
Winning problems? - Hubbs
Attacking problems? - Hubbs
Clutch problems? - Hubbs
Scoring problems? - Hubbs
Tournament problems? - Hubbs
And he can do all that while averaging 10ppg and playing defense. Unfortunately some people will freak out if he isn't averaging 15+PPG.

Not sure I've said anything about clutch and Hubbs? Got a link to that. I'll save you the time, no you don't.
bleedingTNorange is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #34 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bleedingTNorange's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 41,339
Likes: 8,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaVol View Post
The Round Mound of Rebound could dunk and rise up off the floor. Is it possible that Stoke's feet are too big or something. Has he ever dunked in a game? At least if he would get up on his tippy toes he would be elevated a bit.

I think he is a little slow and lacking in fast twitch fibers. Who was a successful player that never got his feet off the floor?
Stokes has had a couple massive dunks over people, guess you missed those.
bleedingTNorange is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 03:00 PM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chattanooga,Tn
Posts: 9,875
Likes: 2,012
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT IE 95 View Post
What? Most of your posts reference Hubbs.

Guard problems? - Hubbs
Shooting problems? - Hubbs
Recruiting problems? - Hubbs
Winning problems? - Hubbs
Attacking problems? - Hubbs
Clutch problems? - Hubbs
Scoring problems? - Hubbs
Tournament problems? - Hubbs
I hope he plays well at UT. I've seen these type expectations year in and out at UNC. Some guys game don't translate to this level as quick as others.
AV_12 is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #36 (permalink)
Raise a lil hell...
 
OrangeBalls's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 8,133
Likes: 2,122
Was there even a star rating system when Allen Houston was being recruited? I'd say he would've been at least a 4 and probably a 5. I honestly don't know because I don't follow recruiting. I think the star ratings are utter bullsh*t. How in the hell is Wiltjer a 5 star? We made him look better than what he is, but the guy couldn't guard your granny. He got beat repeatedly against Vandy. They went at him time and time again and he got beat repeatedly. We should've been doing that more.

I also think the AAU circuit is a joke. It's nothing but a free for all for players to show off their offensive moves. Defense gets lost a lot of the time and a player's defensive game regresses.
OrangeBalls is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 03:32 PM   #37 (permalink)
Against the Grain
 
UT IE 95's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Memphis, TN
Posts: 9,973
Likes: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
And he can do all that while averaging 10ppg and playing defense. Unfortunately some people will freak out if he isn't averaging 15+PPG.

Not sure I've said anything about clutch and Hubbs? Got a link to that. I'll save you the time, no you don't.
I was just randomly listing various topics. It was more hyperbole than me listing historically referenced items...and people aren't going to freak out based on what Hubbs' PPG is - it's all about W-L.

But now are you on record saying that Hubbs is, in fact, not clutch? hahahha
UT IE 95 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #38 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bleedingTNorange's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 41,339
Likes: 8,723
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT IE 95 View Post
I was just randomly listing various topics. It was more hyperbole than me listing historically referenced items...and people aren't going to freak out based on what Hubbs' PPG is - it's all about W-L.

But now are you on record saying that Hubbs is, in fact, not clutch? hahahha
That's a lie and you know it...we'll have a who's a bigger bust thread: Hubbs, Hopson or stokes next year of Hubbs is averaging <10ppg.

And no, I don't have a clue if the kid is clutch or not.
bleedingTNorange is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27