753 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Basketball 5Stars Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Originally Posted by allvol_12 5 stars still need development too. Goodwin and Poythress are examples of that. Too bad they ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bleedingTNorange's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 40,850
Likes: 8,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by allvol_12 View Post
5 stars still need development too. Goodwin and Poythress are examples of that. Too bad they are gonna be pushed out the door.

If the expectations for Hubbs aren't tempered, I feel some are gonna be critical of him early on as well.
My fear as well.
bleedingTNorange is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 07:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
RICK0380's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Behind Enemy Lines AKA. Huntsville
Posts: 764
Likes: 385
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennFan0027 View Post
IMO Stokes isn't a bust. When Maymon went down everyone should have figured he would struggle. Without the other physical big guy in the paint he is not going to look like he did last year.
I wasn't saying he is a "bust" just that he isn't performing that well. I was saying Tennessee as a baskeball program kinda always "bust" with these 5 star guys. Tobias cashed in after year 1 so he played it smart. Then again with him and Stokes then I think this thread never happens.Still a good bit of games left maybe Stokes will get more physical and we can make the tourny some how
RICK0380 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 07:24 AM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bleedingTNorange's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 40,850
Likes: 8,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK0380 View Post
I wasn't saying he is a "bust" just that he isn't performing that well. I was saying Tennessee as a baskeball program kinda always "bust" with these 5 star guys. Tobias cashed in after year 1 so he played it smart. Then again with him and Stokes then I think this thread never happens.Still a good bit of games left maybe Stokes will get more physical and we can make the tourny some how
So with Maymon healthy this thread probably never happens?
bleedingTNorange is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 07:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
Hooyah!
 
vflgolfer's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Camp Lejeune
Posts: 390
Likes: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by RICK0380 View Post
We do not have good luck with 5 star basketball players. Hopson, Ramar Smith, Duke.Crews, seems maybe Jarnell Stokes. These guys just never played to their potential. I hope Stokes breaks out of this And maybe Hubbs will come in playing ball
I would kill to have Scotty back.
vflgolfer is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 07:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Gettin' Dirty Baskets
 
supersmo18's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northwest GA/Chattavegas
Posts: 8,183
Likes: 5,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by vflgolfer View Post
I would kill myself if we had Scotty back.
fyp


I can do without the 'me first' attitude that carries over into inconsistent play.
__________________
"I believe in Tennessee football. I believe in our fan base. I want to be a part of building something special and having that responsibility getting Tennessee football back. And I love Tennessee. If it kills me, it kills me--but I'm going to put everything that I have into bringing Tennessee football back." --Butch Jones
supersmo18 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
Hooyah!
 
vflgolfer's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Camp Lejeune
Posts: 390
Likes: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by supersmo18 View Post
fyp


I can do without the 'me first' attitude that carries over into inconsistent play.
So you would take a member of this current teams gaurds over Scotty? No says I.
vflgolfer is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bleedingTNorange's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 40,850
Likes: 8,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by vflgolfer View Post
So you would take a member of this current teams gaurds over Scotty? No says I.
I'd take jordy over Scotty right now.
bleedingTNorange is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 08:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
Hooyah!
 
vflgolfer's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Camp Lejeune
Posts: 390
Likes: 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
I'd take jordy over Scotty right now.
I can not make a strong argument over that, although I believe Scotty has better release of the basketball over McRae and McRae is still skinny as F compared to Scotty.
vflgolfer is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #24 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bleedingTNorange's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 40,850
Likes: 8,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by vflgolfer View Post
I can not make a strong argument over that, although I believe Scotty has better release of the basketball over McRae and McRae is still skinny as F compared to Scotty.

I don't care what the release looks like as long as the shot goes in. McRae may be skinnier but he's a lot more willing to drive than Scotty was.
bleedingTNorange is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 09:08 AM   #25 (permalink)
What's next?

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Somerset, KY
Posts: 5,823
Likes: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
I don't care what the release looks like as long as the shot goes in. McRae may be skinnier but he's a lot more willing to drive than Scotty was.
Can't believe who I'm watching sometimes.
Even had his shoulder in Noels mid section trying to move him out of the way.
Fouled several times (no calls) and just kept coming.
Jordy has definitely found his game.
calban is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 09:13 AM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bleedingTNorange's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 40,850
Likes: 8,564
Quote:
Originally Posted by calban View Post
Can't believe who I'm watching sometimes.
Even had his shoulder in Noels mid section trying to move him out of the way.
Fouled several times (no calls) and just kept coming.
Jordy has definitely found his game.
Yea last night was the final piece of evidence I needed to see, bringing it at Rupp tells me thr light has come on.
bleedingTNorange is online now  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 09:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
What's next?

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Somerset, KY
Posts: 5,823
Likes: 1,275
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
Yea last night was the final piece of evidence I needed to see, bringing it at Rupp tells me thr light has come on.
4 games over 20. WOW!!!
calban is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Chattanooga,Tn
Posts: 9,734
Likes: 1,981
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
My fear as well.
I witness it every year
AV_12 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 11:33 AM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cncchris33's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,928
Likes: 2,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daloth View Post
Hopson was leading scorer for us. Just cause he didn't go to the League doesn't mean he was a bad player.
He didn't cure cancer, pull us from the fiscal cliff, or stop Hurricane Sandy though.

Didn't meet expectations of our rational fanbase.

Bust






(the following has been brought to you by sarcasm)
cncchris33 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cncchris33's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 7,928
Likes: 2,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
I don't care what the release looks like as long as the shot goes in. McRae may be skinnier but he's a lot more willing to drive than Scotty was.
True
cncchris33 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27