Calm Down

zjcvols

"On a Tennessee saturday night."
Staff member
I agree this has been a disappointing season.

But it's UK at home. You should have been more angry with the Ole Miss loss.

Look, I don't know what's going to happen this year. It's not looking bright. But let's not forget this time last year, UT was 1-3 in the SEC, and started out 2-5. They finished 10-6. UT has improved the last two games.

The offense has gotten better. The D has shown (at times) excellence, but has been inconsistent.

McRae has improved. Reese has provided some depth, Richardson continues to be the glue, and Yemi played great tonight.

What I'm saying is this: Let's all wait till the season ends before we start throwing everyone under the bus. If you expected a win tonight, I can't help you.

UT gets 3 home games out of the next four. Get those three, and build some momentum/consistently, hopefully UT can make a run like last year.

Reactions: 5 people
What do you mean calm down? I can't get fired up for this team.. I just kind of set there shrugging my shoulders most of the time.. You can see they lack a point guard, also another shooter.. Someone should also remind Stokes that defense is part of the game and he's 275 pounds..

Reactions: 1 person

Look, I don't know what's going to happen this year. It's not looking bright. But let's not forget this time last year, UT was 1-3 in the SEC, and started out 2-5. They finished 10-6. UT has improved the last two games.

The offense has gotten better. The D has shown (at times) excellence, but has been inconsistent.

McRae has improved. Reese has provided some depth, Richardson continues to be the glue, and Yemi played great tonight.

What I'm saying is this: Let's all wait till the season ends before we start throwing everyone under the bus. If you expected a win tonight, I can't help you.

UT gets 3 home games out of the next four. Get those three, and build some momentum/consistently, hopefully UT can make a run like last year.

Wish I could share your confidence but what I see is a team that has several players that look as though they can't get out of the gym fast enough. Until CCM can figure out how to motivate or understand what is going on with Stokes and Golden, it's going to be a challenge to win any games. Lets hope he figures it out soon.

Dooley 2.0:)

You know I was reading a publication before the season that said Tennessee would be a surprise team this year. I still think CM is the right guy here---it's too early IMO to make a judgement call on him. Maymon missing hurts but he's not the only reason this team is struggling. We need a true point guard or point forward on the roster and some shooters.

Tennessee's offense has looked better. Remember how many people compline early on, oh if we score 50 we'll win, offense blows blah blah blah...now we're scoring much better, but still losing. I think Martin is trying to let them play uptempo, but teaching uptempo D on the fly.

I have seen improvements the last 2 games, and although they were losses they could've easily been wins (I actually felt we outplayed both teams). If golden gets out of this funk this team can make a run, there's a lot of beatable teams in the SEC, heck UK just showed they're vulnerable.

As I do with any sport, I'll wait for the end of the season to make a judgment call. I still think this team ends up at atleast 17 wins.

Dooley 2.0:)

Think CCM is much better than Dooley, however, not impressed with how his teams, like Dooley's , seem to melt in the final minutes of close games. Probably due to lack of on the court leadership and losing Maymon is the biggest reason for that.

I had that same position/opinion of let the season play out with football and was crushed by many.

It's the only thing you can do. I guess students should quit halfway through an exam because the first few questions were hard. You have to let it play out. Never know what happens. We did get on a roll last year.

Think CCM is much better than Dooley, however, not impressed with how his teams, like Dooley's , seem to melt in the final minutes of close games. Probably due to lack of on the court leadership and losing Maymon is the biggest reason for that.

Agree- has to be frustrating for a coach. At some point the players have to lead and make plays. It was clear that Bray was not mentally tough. I actually think McRae and Richardson can be. Golden is not a finisher.

It's the only thing you can do. I guess students should quit halfway through an exam because the first few questions were hard. You have to let it play out. Never know what happens. We did get on a roll last year.

exactly. That was my point then as well

Op, sthu... The UT faithful have nothing left to hang there hats on..atleast we still have the orange!

Unfortunately people want instant gratification these days. People's reactions are so extreme these days after one or two losses. Internet helps with that:)

I don't blame people for being mad. Lot of question marks right now, and my biggest one is why our possible all sec guard and big man look like they forgot how to play and don't seem to be into any game.

I don't blame people for being mad. Lot of question marks right now, and my biggest one is why our possible all sec guard and big man look like they forgot how to play and don't seem to be into any game.

I would love the honest answer to this question, unfortunately don't know if we will ever get it.

I would love the honest answer to this question, unfortunately don't know if we will ever get it.

they don't look instinctive and they look robotic.

I know what that meant back in the day most of the time. Overcoaching, overthinking and not playing ball. Trae is mental right now. If he can heave half court shots and long 3's, he's physically healthy enough with his shoulder. Problem is, his game looks exactly like last year, but less explosive and less energy. He didn't improve in ballhandling, passing, shooting or finishing.
That's frustrating
I'd like to see yemi, reese, moore, rich, and mcrae play together a lot, but I'm sure we won't. CM's sub patterns haven't made a lot of sense quite often

I have never thought Golden was all SEC. He is not mentally tough and so slow. He had some good games last year, but he had to score for us to win. Maymon is just a huge loss for Stokes, but he is the biggest question. He actually showed some aggression tonight but is a little short to go up against someone like Noel.

Not sure what the nation expects...the guy has some top talent coming in but it's thin and oddly matched this year. We'll be good before too long ..was watching #2 Indiana and thinking Creen and that team was about where we are now 2-3 years ago...things seemed to work out once he got some players..relax

VN Store

Back