2181 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Calm Down. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. I agree this has been a disappointing season. But it's UK at home. You should have been more angry with ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
We about to break da bank

Calm Down

I agree this has been a disappointing season.

But it's UK at home. You should have been more angry with the Ole Miss loss.

Look, I don't know what's going to happen this year. It's not looking bright. But let's not forget this time last year, UT was 1-3 in the SEC, and started out 2-5. They finished 10-6. UT has improved the last two games.

The offense has gotten better. The D has shown (at times) excellence, but has been inconsistent.

McRae has improved. Reese has provided some depth, Richardson continues to be the glue, and Yemi played great tonight.

What I'm saying is this: Let's all wait till the season ends before we start throwing everyone under the bus. If you expected a win tonight, I can't help you.

UT gets 3 home games out of the next four. Get those three, and build some momentum/consistently, hopefully UT can make a run like last year.
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Massive Member

Rock Bottom in the SEC.
Can't get any worse than that.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #3 (permalink)
#freebandz

I vote we fire everyone, pull everyone's schollies, and burn Thompson-Boling to the ground.
VN Likes: 6
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
Raise a lil hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special Ed View Post
Rock Bottom in the SEC.
Can't get any worse than that.
You must be too young to remember the Wade Houston years.
VN Likes: 6
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
5 star member

What do you mean calm down? I can't get fired up for this team.. I just kind of set there shrugging my shoulders most of the time.. You can see they lack a point guard, also another shooter.. Someone should also remind Stokes that defense is part of the game and he's 275 pounds..
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjcvols View Post

Look, I don't know what's going to happen this year. It's not looking bright. But let's not forget this time last year, UT was 1-3 in the SEC, and started out 2-5. They finished 10-6. UT has improved the last two games.

The offense has gotten better. The D has shown (at times) excellence, but has been inconsistent.

McRae has improved. Reese has provided some depth, Richardson continues to be the glue, and Yemi played great tonight.

What I'm saying is this: Let's all wait till the season ends before we start throwing everyone under the bus. If you expected a win tonight, I can't help you.

UT gets 3 home games out of the next four. Get those three, and build some momentum/consistently, hopefully UT can make a run like last year.
Wish I could share your confidence but what I see is a team that has several players that look as though they can't get out of the gym fast enough. Until CCM can figure out how to motivate or understand what is going on with Stokes and Golden, it's going to be a challenge to win any games. Lets hope he figures it out soon.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBalls View Post
You must be too young to remember the Wade Houston years.
And didnt we follow up that mess with Kevin O and a whole lot more losses (but the team was getting tough and improving all the time)
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
toting the rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjcvols View Post

Dooley 2.0
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:18 PM   #9 (permalink)
VN Crisis Counselor

You know I was reading a publication before the season that said Tennessee would be a surprise team this year. I still think CM is the right guy here---it's too early IMO to make a judgement call on him. Maymon missing hurts but he's not the only reason this team is struggling. We need a true point guard or point forward on the roster and some shooters.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Deez who? Deez Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman 423 View Post
Dooley 2.0
When did Dooley beat Florida twice and finish 2nd in the east?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Big Member

Quote:
Dooley 2.0

I had that same position/opinion of let the season play out with football and was crushed by many.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:24 PM   #12 (permalink)

Tennessee's offense has looked better. Remember how many people compline early on, oh if we score 50 we'll win, offense blows blah blah blah...now we're scoring much better, but still losing. I think Martin is trying to let them play uptempo, but teaching uptempo D on the fly.

I have seen improvements the last 2 games, and although they were losses they could've easily been wins (I actually felt we outplayed both teams). If golden gets out of this funk this team can make a run, there's a lot of beatable teams in the SEC, heck UK just showed they're vulnerable.

As I do with any sport, I'll wait for the end of the season to make a judgment call. I still think this team ends up at atleast 17 wins.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Dooley 2.0
Think CCM is much better than Dooley, however, not impressed with how his teams, like Dooley's , seem to melt in the final minutes of close games. Probably due to lack of on the court leadership and losing Maymon is the biggest reason for that.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:25 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacavolus View Post
I had that same position/opinion of let the season play out with football and was crushed by many.
It's the only thing you can do. I guess students should quit halfway through an exam because the first few questions were hard. You have to let it play out. Never know what happens. We did get on a roll last year.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Vols View Post
Think CCM is much better than Dooley, however, not impressed with how his teams, like Dooley's , seem to melt in the final minutes of close games. Probably due to lack of on the court leadership and losing Maymon is the biggest reason for that.
Agree- has to be frustrating for a coach. At some point the players have to lead and make plays. It was clear that Bray was not mentally tough. I actually think McRae and Richardson can be. Golden is not a finisher.
Reply With Quote TOP