2586 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Calm Down Page 3. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Originally Posted by OrangeBalls I've watched enough Houston coached games and Martin coached games to distinguish Martin coaches nothing like ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBalls View Post
I've watched enough Houston coached games and Martin coached games to distinguish Martin coaches nothing like Houston. Houston never got another head coaching job for a reason after being fired from UT.
Wade could coach decent, he was just the most pathetic recruiter in the history of college basketball. He would sign awesome players such as Norman Marbury who he knew had no chance of ever showing up on campus.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
Raise a lil hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by volbeast33 View Post
Wade could coach decent, he was just the most pathetic recruiter in the history of college basketball. He would sign awesome players such as Norman Marbury who he knew had no chance of ever showing up on campus.
Wade never was a decent coach at X's and O's. Ever. He was Denny Crum's recruiter. That was all he was good for. He got the job because Lamar Alexander wanted the first black head coach to ever coach basketball in the SEC. It was a political hire and we got his son. After Allen left, they won all of 5 games. If you have any coaching acumen at all, you can find a way to coach your team to more than 5 wins.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
Vols Against Bama

Its ok guys. Trust the system. We dont want to win in Rupp anyways. Its all part of Cuonzo's plan.

With the way UK's recruiting is this was our best chance to steal a win in Lex for a long while. UK wont be this average (for UK standards) again while Cal is there.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:48 PM   #34 (permalink)
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjcvols View Post
I agree this has been a disappointing season.

But it's UK at home. You should have been more angry with the Ole Miss loss.

Look, I don't know what's going to happen this year. It's not looking bright. But let's not forget this time last year, UT was 1-3 in the SEC, and started out 2-5. They finished 10-6. UT has improved the last two games.

The offense has gotten better. The D has shown (at times) excellence, but has been inconsistent.

McRae has improved. Reese has provided some depth, Richardson continues to be the glue, and Yemi played great tonight.

What I'm saying is this: Let's all wait till the season ends before we start throwing everyone under the bus. If you expected a win tonight, I can't help you.

UT gets 3 home games out of the next four. Get those three, and build some momentum/consistently, hopefully UT can make a run like last year.
Cuonzo approves this message. But in all honestly, the lack of energy from the team is wearing off on the fans. Apathy is setting in, so people will be calm and disinterested.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
Raise a lil hell...

This thread would've been much better if it would've been titled:

Calm Down and Drink Beer

Because when it's all said and done, this team makes you want to drink.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:50 PM   #36 (permalink)
Raise a lil hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT IE 95 View Post
Cuonzo approves this message. But in all honestly, the lack of energy from the team is wearing off on the fans. Apathy is setting in, so people will be calm and disinterested.
What game did you watch tonight? Lack of energy was the last problem for this team. It was the same mistakes with ball handling and turnovers. UT played hard, but not smart. UT didn't play hard or smart in the Ole Miss game.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:53 PM   #37 (permalink)
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBalls View Post
What game did you watch tonight? Lack of energy was the last problem for this team. It was the same mistakes with ball handling and turnovers. UT played hard, but not smart. UT didn't play hard or smart in the Ole Miss game.
Two players played hard. I have sympathy for them.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:59 PM   #38 (permalink)
Raise a lil hell...

Quote:
I'd say McRae, Richardson, Yemi, Reese, Moore, Golden and McBee all played hard. McBee and Golden had their typical brain farts.

Hall rarely goes all out and Stokes was taken out of the game pretty much the entire time with foul trouble.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #39 (permalink)
Give me 3 more!!!

There's no sense in getting bent out of shape. This team isn't going to magically start shooting better overnight. They aren't going to have a true point guard to run the show either. The only correctable thing that needs to be fixed is Stokes' lack of force in the paint. Those are the three huge problems right now.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 04:57 AM   #40 (permalink)

0 and 3 for the first time in 15 years!ouch!It just hurts to see football and basketball to be so bad!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan07 View Post
There's no sense in getting bent out of shape. This team isn't going to magically start shooting better overnight. They aren't going to have a true point guard to run the show either. The only correctable thing that needs to be fixed is Stokes' lack of force in the paint. Those are the three huge problems right now.
Bingo. Fix stokes this year, bring in a PG for next year, and hopefully Hubbs improves your teams perimeter shooting.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
What 2 are you giving credit, cause I thought there were atleast 4 busting it last night.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 06:53 AM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFan07 View Post
Could it be possible Stokes is really a 3 star player in a 5 stars body? I haven't seen much from him in an entire year now that justifies him being a 5 star recruit other than his physical appearance. However, it's the old " looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" based on what. I have seen so far.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 06:57 AM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
Bingo. Fix stokes this year, bring in a PG for next year, and hopefully Hubbs improves your teams perimeter shooting.
Stokes cannot be fixed this year without some other presence down low. The kid just is not ready to take double teams. He is not ready to be a leader of this team. Next year will be totally different. Wait and see!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 07:10 AM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineyBluff Vol View Post
Stokes cannot be fixed this year without some other presence down low. The kid just is not ready to take double teams. He is not ready to be a leader of this team. Next year will be totally different. Wait and see!
I agree, but there's things he can work on.

He posted Noel properly ONE time last night, it resulted in an easy layup. He needs to make those proper post ups an quick moves before the double can get there.

Also like to see him look for his 15 foot mid range game a bit more often.
Reply With Quote TOP