2886 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Calm Down Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Originally Posted by VolGee4 It's the only thing you can do. I guess students should quit halfway through an exam ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Big Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolGee4 View Post
It's the only thing you can do. I guess students should quit halfway through an exam because the first few questions were hard. You have to let it play out. Never know what happens. We did get on a roll last year.

exactly. That was my point then as well
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
MeatFlap flaPperFat'

Op, sthu... The UT faithful have nothing left to hang there hats on..atleast we still have the orange!
Old 01-15-2013, 09:34 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacavolus View Post
exactly. That was my point then as well
Unfortunately people want instant gratification these days. People's reactions are so extreme these days after one or two losses. Internet helps with that
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Big Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VolGee4 View Post
Unfortunately people want instant gratification these days. People's reactions are so extreme these days after one or two losses. Internet helps with that

I don't blame people for being mad. Lot of question marks right now, and my biggest one is why our possible all sec guard and big man look like they forgot how to play and don't seem to be into any game.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:43 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
I don't blame people for being mad. Lot of question marks right now, and my biggest one is why our possible all sec guard and big man look like they forgot how to play and don't seem to be into any game.
I would love the honest answer to this question, unfortunately don't know if we will ever get it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Big Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
I would love the honest answer to this question, unfortunately don't know if we will ever get it.

they don't look instinctive and they look robotic.

I know what that meant back in the day most of the time. Overcoaching, overthinking and not playing ball. Trae is mental right now. If he can heave half court shots and long 3's, he's physically healthy enough with his shoulder. Problem is, his game looks exactly like last year, but less explosive and less energy. He didn't improve in ballhandling, passing, shooting or finishing.
That's frustrating
I'd like to see yemi, reese, moore, rich, and mcrae play together a lot, but I'm sure we won't. CM's sub patterns haven't made a lot of sense quite often
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
I have never thought Golden was all SEC. He is not mentally tough and so slow. He had some good games last year, but he had to score for us to win. Maymon is just a huge loss for Stokes, but he is the biggest question. He actually showed some aggression tonight but is a little short to go up against someone like Noel.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #23 (permalink)

hoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBalls View Post
You must be too young to remember the Wade Houston years.
If you were at the Ole Miss game it was looking a lot like the Wade Houston product.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 10:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mayor of CharlottesVol,VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLegit2Quit View Post
I vote we fire everyone, pull everyone's schollies, and burn Thompson-Boling to the ground.
I may be drunk on a Tuesday, but this made me laugh, and I'm as realistic as a posiVol comes.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #25 (permalink)

Not sure what the nation expects...the guy has some top talent coming in but it's thin and oddly matched this year. We'll be good before too long ..was watching #2 Indiana and thinking Creen and that team was about where we are now 2-3 years ago...things seemed to work out once he got some players..relax
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:04 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjcvols View Post
I agree this has been a disappointing season.

But it's UK at home. You should have been more angry with the Ole Miss loss.

Look, I don't know what's going to happen this year. It's not looking bright. But let's not forget this time last year, UT was 1-3 in the SEC, and started out 2-5. They finished 10-6. UT has improved the last two games.

The offense has gotten better. The D has shown (at times) excellence, but has been inconsistent.

McRae has improved. Reese has provided some depth, Richardson continues to be the glue, and Yemi played great tonight.

What I'm saying is this: Let's all wait till the season ends before we start throwing everyone under the bus. If you expected a win tonight, I can't help you.

UT gets 3 home games out of the next four. Get those three, and build some momentum/consistently, hopefully UT can make a run like last year.
We suck in BB , we suck in FB. There is nothing to interest casual fans in the 2 big money-maker sports. The Vol ship is sinking at an accelerating clip. Martin needs to be replaced.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:15 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by driscokid View Post
Not sure what the nation expects...the guy has some top talent coming in but it's thin and oddly matched this year. We'll be good before too long ..was watching #2 Indiana and thinking Creen and that team was about where we are now 2-3 years ago...things seemed to work out once he got some players..relax
Ten of the players were brought in by Martin.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Raise a lil hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullfillmer View Post
If you were at the Ole Miss game it was looking a lot like the Wade Houston product.
I've watched enough Houston coached games and Martin coached games to distinguish Martin coaches nothing like Houston. Houston never got another head coaching job for a reason after being fired from UT.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
Love God, Love Others

We need some decent PG play and we will be fine. Golden needs to break out of the funk he has been stuck in.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-15-2013, 11:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
GBO or GTFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggy4vols View Post
We need some decent PG play and we will be fine. Golden needs to break out of the funk he has been stuck in.
Agree. Seems like things would be better if he were playing like his usual self.
Reply With Quote TOP