Player Development

bigsteve13

THE BOSS
Is anyone else disturbed by the lack of development in Jarnell? I don't completely buy into the whole stars rankings, but this kid clearly has the physical ability to dominate at his position. If anything he has digressed from last year and you cannot blame it all on Maymon being out. Thoughts?

Reactions: 1 person
I think he's either a head case like Scotty Hopson or he's got something wrong with him.

Yet McRae suddenly looks like a 2nd round player. can you explain that one? and Yemi looks light years better.

Stokes and Golden have regressed greatly though.

He can't stay in the game long enough to get anything going. Always has at least 1 or 2 stupid calls called against him.

I said in the offseason that stokes wasnt as athletic as he needed to be. He's only 6'8 and will struggle with long post defenders. He needs a midrange jumpshot before he is Nba ready. He will be here four years IMO.

It is disturbing. If CCM is going to make UT nationally relevant, he will have to prove he can get players like Stokes in the league. Stokes, even IF overrated in high school, should be better than he is playing and that may inhibit getting other 5*, or even high 4*.

Dude's essentially a freshman and can't yet handle a double team. Misses Maymon badly. But yeah, we should probably pull his scholarship.

Honestly, stokes isn't more athletic than Chism was. Chism didn't make a roster and he had a much better post game.

I said in the offseason that stokes wasnt as athletic as he needed to be. He's only 6'8 and will struggle with long post defenders. He needs a midrange jumpshot before he is Nba ready. He will be here four years IMO.

Bingo. He can barely get off the floor when he jumps. Consequently, all he can do is bang.

Stokes came in with the talent, but he doesn't have the fire-in-the belly needed to compete with the best.

Watching the product we are putting on the court. What is the mystery behind Golden and Stokes. Both look as if they couldn't care less about playing for UT. If that's the case , maybe CCM should let them both ride the pine for the entire next game. Richardson bricking the 2 technical FT's was a joke. Do we even practice FT shooting? I've been watching UT BB for over 40 years and have obviously had to watch some sorry teams but this one has to be one of the worst I have seen. They remind me of Dooley's football teams the way the completely melt under pressure. Mentally soft to say the least. For an athletics program that has a $110 million budget, we are embarrassing!

Bingo. He can barely get off the floor when he jumps. Consequently, all he can do is bang.

Stokes plays as though he has concrete in his size 22 shoes. He has no explosiveness. Will never play in the NBA. I think he should go out for football. Would be a great D end

Has trouble staying out of foul trouble, very lazy feet. If he'd play 30-35 minutes a night he'd put up good numbers, unfortunately he has too many 15-20 minute games that he never got into the flow.

VN Store

Back