3028 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Player Development Page 4. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Arguably, stokes' best game of his career was his first one. Last year. Someone needs to answer as to why. ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #46 (permalink)
Big Member

Arguably, stokes' best game of his career was his first one. Last year.
Someone needs to answer as to why. I know if I'm recruiting against ut for a big man, I ask the kid and family to look at what has happened to stokes, who is one of the highest ranked players we have had.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 05:05 AM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacavolus View Post
Arguably, stokes' best game of his career was his first one. Last year.
Someone needs to answer as to why. I know if I'm recruiting against ut for a big man, I ask the kid and family to look at what has happened to stokes, who is one of the highest ranked players we have had.
Been my concern for awhile. Also doesn't help the least big in trying to recruit Memphis big guys like Leon Black and Skai both of who we're recruiting.

I've said awhile Maymon is the main reason, and it may be a part, but there's clearly more to it as well.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #48 (permalink)

I hate to say it, but Stokes needs Maymon bad. Maymon would do the dirty work and draw double and feed Stokes for easy lay up. That happened once I think last night where Stokes drove in and feed to Kenny. We miss that something terrible!!! I'm sorry but Kenny Hall is a waste of SS. Hate it, but he really brings very little!!! Yemi is coming along nice, but him and Stokes have no krama going like Stokes and Maymon had. Think that's why Stokes looks kinda lost against other good bigs. As soon as we play someone he can match up with and he is better he looks great, other than that not so much!!! They will get there soon, I hope!!!
Reply With Quote TOP