Kentucky Wildcats: 10-5 (1-1)

Kentucky_Wildcats+copy+w-ball.jpg

7:00 PM ET, January 15, 2013
Rupp Arena, Lexington, KY

Coverage: ESPN/WatchESPN

Line: UT +12
O/U: 136

Reactions: 1 person
You got the Chism jersey and started the game thread on the same day.

This is a good sign...

Line is 12. If we can limit our turnovers and their fastbreak points, we can keep it within single digits. If not, then it'll be in double digits.

How will we handle their athleticism? This is easily the most athletic team we will see. Handle the ball, make smart passes, hit a couple 3s and play good defense. Do those things and who knows?

How will we handle their athleticism? This is easily the most athletic team we will see. Handle the ball, make smart passes, hit a couple 3s and play good defense. Do those things and who knows?

Memphis is close to as athletic and we outplayed them the second half, so we'll see.

Trae obviously needs to bring it, but my main thing is the transition D. It's evident we need some transition buckets, it helps jordy get going and it gets us in as much of a flow as this offense is capable of. However, we've had a bad habit of when we run letting it effect our transition D and that's something you can't do against UK.

If you make UK play a half court game there offense is damn near as stagnant as ours. 90% of the time it's a Goodwin drive if it gets late into the shot clock, need Richardson to shut him down. Would like to see CCM throw zone at them for a couple minutes while wiltjer IS NOT out on the floor.

I'd have felt better had UK not just lost at home, but i really don't see this being a blowout either way. Think it's going to be a close game, single digits, and will probably be in the 60s. 70-62 or something like that.

they suck but we suck way more unfortunately. Kentucky by double digits at home. Goofy flat top Noel embarrasses Stokes.

Memphis is close to as athletic and we outplayed them the second half, so we'll see.

Trae obviously needs to bring it, but my main thing is the transition D. It's evident we need some transition buckets, it helps jordy get going and it gets us in as much of a flow as this offense is capable of. However, we've had a bad habit of when we run letting it effect our transition D and that's something you can't do against UK.

If you make UK play a half court game there offense is damn near as stagnant as ours. 90% of the time it's a Goodwin drive if it gets late into the shot clock, need Richardson to shut him down. Would like to see CCM throw zone at them for a couple minutes while wiltjer IS NOT out on the floor.

I'd have felt better had UK not just lost at home, but i really don't see this being a blowout either way. Think it's going to be a close game, single digits, and will probably be in the 60s. 70-62 or something like that.

Great analysis BTO. Agree with all your points.

I, too, hate that UK is coming off a loss. They'll be angry and all signs point to a solid performance from the Cats. But we're coming off 3 losses so we'd sure as hell better be angry, too.

This may be one of the toughest games to win this season. I hope the Vols light it up at Rupp and cause the wildcats to go into a meltdown.

As bTNo said, Memphis was athletic and we played better in the 2nd half. Transition D and keeping them out of the paint will be key. They aren't a great outside shooting team. Which probably means they'll shoot lights out for the first time all year. They'll be out to prove themselves more because they just lost so that doesn't help us. However, if we can avoid turnovers and not let them get steals and easy baskets then we can stay in this game.

Sit Hall,Mcmiss and Tn will have a better chance at keeping it close.Hall is lazy and cant play more than 2 mins without fouling and Mcmiss offers nothing period.Trae has to show up in a game sooner or later.Ky is no more athletic than Memphiss.

Martin said today in his press conference that the starting lineup will be the same as against Bama. Which means Golden will be coming off the bench. Hope McRae and Richardson can keep from turning the ball over.

Sit Hall,Mcmiss and Tn will have a better chance at keeping it close.Hall is lazy and cant play more than 2 mins without fouling and Mcmiss offers nothing period.Trae has to show up in a game sooner or later.Ky is no more athletic than Memphiss.

There's still 'good' Kenny Hall. Maybe 'good' Kenny Hall will show up for this one. You know, the one who is a monster on the boards, positions himself for some easy buckets and even hits an ugly jump shot or two. :)

Gotta put all the cards on the table right? It'd take a near miracle anyway.

There's still 'good' Kenny Hall. Maybe 'good' Kenny Hall will show up for this one. You know, the one who is a monster on the boards, positions himself for some easy buckets and even hits an ugly jump shot or two. :)

Gotta put all the cards on the table right? It'd take a near miracle anyway.

Thats just it ,you never know which Hall will show up.I would like to see him go off and be able to help Stokes out.

Thats just it ,you never know which Hall will show up.I would like to see him go off and be able to help Stokes out.

That and a number of other things would need to happen just for us to stick around in this game. Hopefully Coach can get an early gauge on which Hall we're getting.

That and a number of other things would need to happen just for us to stick around in this game. Hopefully Coach can get an early gauge on which Hall we're getting.

agree.I hope Martin can figure that out pretty quick.I still hope we dont have to see Mcmiss.

VN Store

Back