3203 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on I Would Applaud Bama's Win... Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Originally Posted by gardners_51609 In actuality a 12-6 record in conference and a 20-10 record overall, with a chance at ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2013, 12:37 PM   #16 (permalink)
Deez who? Deez Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardners_51609 View Post
In actuality a 12-6 record in conference and a 20-10 record overall, with a chance at the tourney is still very possible if not plausible. This is not necessarily saying that Tennessee is good but a look at how pathetic the SEC is. There are 2 teams that are good in Mizzou and Florida, 2 teams that are above average in Ole Miss and Kentucky. And 2 teams that are average in Tennessee and Alabama. The other 8 teams are pretty awful.
I think it is too, if Golden can snap out of it. I'm starting to think 11-7/10-8 is more realistic though. 19-11 and 18-12 won't be enough to make it in unless we make a nice run in the SEC tourney.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2013, 12:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GERALD JONES 4 HEISMAN View Post
You are right. Both teams sucked Saturday, I thought Bama sucked more just because I'm a Tennessee fan but since it was played in T-town then that was the difference. Yep, the 26th should be different. Thanks for stopping by, cya
You must have thought I was going somewhere. I'm not.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT = Checkmate View Post
Mosey on over to UK's recruiting page on rivals or espn.
You've seen Kentucky play this year, right? You think they can shoot?

Okee-dokee...
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #19 (permalink)
UTGRAD

Quote:
In actuality a 12-6 record in conference and a 20-10 record overall, with a chance at the tourney is still very possible if not plausible. This is not necessarily saying that Tennessee is good but a look at how pathetic the SEC is. There are 2 teams that are good in Mizzou and Florida, 2 teams that are above average in Ole Miss and Kentucky. And 2 teams that are average in Tennessee and Alabama. The other 8 teams are pretty awful.
maybe I am mistaken, but didn't Ole Miss take care of Mizzou this weekend?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #20 (permalink)

Alabama isn't good, but it's not for the reason you posted... They have plenty of guys who can shoot (Releford, Lacey, Cooper, Randolph, Steele) but no guys who can rebound and defend or score in the post.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2013, 04:12 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
A&M would beat our brakes off.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Raise a lil hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbowersjr View Post
maybe I am mistaken, but didn't Ole Miss take care of Mizzou this weekend?
Ole Miss soundly beat Mizzou this weekend, but Mizzou was without their leading scorer who is out with a knee. Ole Miss is better than average though. They're one of the top 3 teams in the SEC right now.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2013, 08:22 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsGators View Post
Alabama isn't good, but it's not for the reason you posted... They have plenty of guys who can shoot (Releford, Lacey, Cooper, Randolph, Steele) but no guys who can rebound and defend or score in the post.
Bama outrebounded Missouri, with the player playing who is now injured (he got hurt against Bama). Releford is scoring primarily on layups even though he's the shortest guy on the court.

Cooper is in the low 20 percent shooting three's since starting fast in early December. Randolph hit a couple against UT and missed several wide open chances. I don't know why anyone ever thought Lacey was good. He was hurt last year, but he hasn't ever shown much in my opinion.

Bama cannot shoot. Granted they aren't defending as well as they have the last couple of years and certainly not like they did in December against some decent competition. Bama will not make the dance. If they do, somehow someway, they are out in the first round... AGAIN.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2013, 08:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
Deez who? Deez Vols

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBalls View Post
Ole Miss soundly beat Mizzou this weekend, but Mizzou was without their leading scorer who is out with a knee. Ole Miss is better than average though. They're one of the top 3 teams in the SEC right now.
Our with a knee...hmmm sounds like us.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2013, 08:52 PM   #25 (permalink)
Raise a lil hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeechief View Post
Bama outrebounded Missouri, with the player playing who is now injured (he got hurt against Bama). Releford is scoring primarily on layups even though he's the shortest guy on the court.

Cooper is in the low 20 percent shooting three's since starting fast in early December. Randolph hit a couple against UT and missed several wide open chances. I don't know why anyone ever thought Lacey was good. He was hurt last year, but he hasn't ever shown much in my opinion.

Bama cannot shoot. Granted they aren't defending as well as they have the last couple of years and certainly not like they did in December against some decent competition. Bama will not make the dance. If they do, somehow someway, they are out in the first round... AGAIN.
Bama shot 42.6% from the field and 42.9% from 3 which isn't great, but not bad. However, they get a lot of their points off one-on-one plays because their guards were much better than ours. They had 10 steals. That's inexcusable.

Bama isn't making the dance unless they go on a miracle run or win the SEC tourney. Kind of like UT.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-14-2013, 09:52 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeechief View Post

Releford is mainly a slasher/finisher, but he's improved his shooting greatly this season. He's shooting 40.8%. Lacey's a good shooter. He's shown that this season (41.8%). Randolph has an ugly shot but gets it in at a high percentage (38.5%) and is nearly automatic from mid-range. He's just not very aggressive.

Alabama has some guys who can shoot. That doesn't mean that they're going to make the dance, though. They've been a poor rebounding team over the course of the season. One anomaly against Missouri doesn't change that. They also have no one who can score down low. Jacobs is their only big who even presents a threat, and he's a terrible rebounder and defender. That's why they're not very good this season... It has nothing to do with their guard play. Their backcourt is very good.

But yeah, it'd take a miracle run for 'Bama to get a bid.
Reply With Quote TOP