How long does C. Martin have to show improvement?

jbeard82

Does he get 3 or 4 years? With all the talent we should have on the floor next year and we still look as bad as we do now, does he get a 4th year?

Does he get 3 or 4 years? With all the talent we should have on the floor next year and we still look as bad as we do now, does he get a 4th year?

For me, if he doesn't make the tournament next year, he's as good as gone. So no. If we look like we do now next year, he'll be out of here, and deservedly so.

That's how I see it anyway.

Reactions: 5 people
I think a fair amount of time for most cases is 4-5 years but Martin is the right guy for the job no need to discuss

Reactions: 1 person

all of that talent next year ,tour crazy this team is as talented as any practice team and Hubbs is the only talent they are adding and davis will surprize next year
pg golden/ hubbs

2 hubbs/mcrae
3 mcrae /richadson/davis
4 stokes/davis
5maymon/yemi/stokes

then moore and landry, chevious is lmu talent should be gone
stokes should do alot better with maymon back and hubss replacing your guys local hero mcbrick should give the VOLS an outstanding 3 point shooter or someone who can drive to the bucket and finish.mcrae having hubbs a freshmen finally pushing him to get better.should make jim better on the other wingdoes or could mcbee make anyone better not on your lif unless it is making opposing plsyers look good as they drive around him or that jog from corner to wing .the vols wont be much more talented but with a star in the making in hubbs starting at the 2 and some at the pg because he can dribble better than anyone on current roster and mcrae gets even better as he plays the three and stokes and maymon inside and golden at pointson moor and yemi coming in for defense vols will be top 3 in SEC nezt seasin and i hope martin can land a couple stars in the next ckass

Last edited:
all of that talent next year ,tour crazy this team is as talented as any practice team and Hubbs is the only talent they are adding and davis will surprize next year
pg golden/ hubbs

2 hubbs/mcrae
3 mcrae /richadson/davis
4 stokes/davis
5maymon/yemi/stokes

stokes should do alot better with maymon back and hubss replacing your guys local hero mcbrick should give the VOLSS an outstanding 3 point shooter or someone who can drive to the bucket and finishmcrae having hubbs a freshmen finally pushing him to get better.does or could mcbee make anyone better not on your lif unless it is making opposing plsyers look good as they drive around him or that jog from corner to wing .the vols wont be much more talented but with a star in the making in hubbs starting at the 2 and some at the pg because he can dribble better than anyone on current roster and mcrae gets even better as he plays the three and stokes and maymon inside and golden at pointson moor and yemi coming in for defense vols will be top 3 in SEC nezt seasin and i hope martin can land a couple stars in the next ckass

What the hell did I just read?

Reactions: 16 people
pg golden/ hubbs

2 hubbs/mcrae
3 mcrae /richadson/davis
4 stokes/davis
5maymon/yemi/stokes

stokes should do alot better with maymon back and hubss replacing your guys local hero mcbrick should give the VOLSS an outstanding 3 point shooter or someone who can drive to the bucket and finishmcrae having hubbs a freshmen finally pushing him to get better.does or could mcbee make anyone better not on your lif unless it is making opposing plsyers look good as they drive around him or that jog from corner to wing .the vols wont be much more talented but with a star in the making in hubbs starting at the 2 and some at the pg because he can dribble better than anyone on current roster and mcrae gets even better as he plays the three and stokes and maymon inside and golden at pointson moor and yemi coming in for defense vols will be top 3 in SEC nezt seasin and i hope martin can land a couple stars in the next ckass

Ummmm What the hell did you say?

Reactions: 2 people
pg golden/ hubbs

2 hubbs/mcrae
3 mcrae /richadson/davis
4 stokes/davis
5maymon/yemi/stokes

ha...i see what you did there! actually...wait...that makes no sense at all.

Reactions: 4 people
Same - through next year and he needs to make the dance. Show the ability to recruit a couple of good PG's might help, along with a couple guys that can actually make a jump shot.

I had high hopes for Zo as an overachiever. Not feeling it lately.

He will get next year, but, I think his ceiling even with great players is around 20 to 24 games. He is not the answer.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think many people realize how much we miss Maymon. I think we have 1 or 2 losses with him!

3 yrs. I don't know what people expect with the best player out .

How about improvement from the players he does have instead of regression...Stokes is playing like Steven Pearl, Mcbee still sucks out loud, Golden aka Issac Hayes plays like a scrub most of the time and is a turnover machine...does that answer your question?

Martin will get at least next year. If that team (barring any injuries) does not make the tourney, then he more than likely will be gone.

One saving grace for Martin if they don't make the tourney would be that he would have to have a top 3 recruiting class committed for 2014.

If they do not show any by next year he should be gone,martin is a terrible coach in over his head,wade houston all over again!

This year's team is what I thought last year's team would look like.

I didn't count on Maymon having the impact that he did last year and this year without him we look very pedestrian.

I'm not ready to give up just yet but I am realistic enough to realize that this team isn't stellar.

He will be here to the end of his contract. We can't afford another coaching change.
His contract runs thru the 2015-16 season.
Trip to the dance and a top 2014 signing class are imperative for an extension.
Unless Butch rights his ship and gets to some lucrative bowls, Martin will finish his contract.

How about improvement from the players he does have instead of regression...Stokes is playing like Steven Pearl, Mcbee still sucks out loud, Golden aka Issac Hayes plays like a scrub most of the time and is a turnover machine...does that answer your question?

When did Steven Pearl ever average 11 points 8 rebounds a game and as a sophomore? Stokes actually averaged 9 points and 7 rebounds last year. So his number have went up even with Maymon out helping him out down low. He needs to get better at FT's though, he could be averaging another couple points a game.

VN Store

Back