1915 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on How long does C. Martin have to show improvement? Page 20. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange I just wish CCM would learn to violate rules and host BBQs sp we could be ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #286 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
I just wish CCM would learn to violate rules and host BBQs sp we could be plastered all over ESPN with a crying slime ball of a coach.
I just wish he would win an NC like Kentuckys coach did.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #287 (permalink)
Raise a lil hell...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 508mikey View Post
If you're waiting on that, you'll be waiting a long time. Just like everyone has with every other UT coach.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 12:08 PM   #288 (permalink)
I hate Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMSqb11 View Post
And a clueless ad would fire a football coach before his first recruiting class goes through. O wait..... And we have all seen AD fire a coach that he didn't hire after a year. College sports is just as profitable as pro sports but yet we see new GM's fire coaches after only a year and GM's that fire coaches that they didn't hire. To act like it can't happen is ignorance. Guess all the sunshine pumpers on this site are all in the basketball forum and can't look at things realistically
What part of "Dooley was in Year 3" do you not understand?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 12:10 PM   #289 (permalink)
I hate Kentucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 508mikey View Post
We need to make a Final Four first.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #290 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBalls View Post
If you're waiting on that, you'll be waiting a long time. Just like everyone has with every other UT coach.
I agree with you......let's set our goals low so we are never disappointed.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 02:21 PM   #291 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow. I like the "not wanting to use any excuses", followed by a bunch of excuses.

What is it you all harp on, Martin is the coach, NO EXCUSES (Maymon injury, recruiting etc) if the team struggles he's to fault.

Yet now it turns to pearl and we've got a laundry list of excuses...
See that's part of the problem, you and Orange balls say their and you all like we are all one person.....we all have different thoughts and ideas..... My worries with Martin is style of play and recruiting. I do not want him fired yet and I hope he succeeds. I do understand others frustrations with the direction of the program.

Bringing up thirty point losses after being fired or exhibition games is ignorant....want to discuss pearls recruiting then yes he could have done a much better job with player evaluations.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 02:29 PM   #292 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by volbeast33 View Post
I agree with you......let's set our goals low so we are never disappointed.
Yes. Because "setting low goals" and "setting goals lower than winning a National Championship" are completely synonymous. Fair point.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-19-2013, 02:35 PM   #293 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by utfan72408 View Post
Yes. Because "setting low goals" and "setting goals lower than winning a National Championship" are completely synonymous. Fair point.
I was being a little bit of a smart a** but I hate when people use that argument that we are not Kentucky or duke......screw that, let's strive to be like Kentucky or duke.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-20-2013, 09:04 AM   #294 (permalink)

He'll have to get us to the NCAA Tourney next season. He could still do it this season but it is gonna take some kind of finish to do so.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #295 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked4Zo View Post
Did anyone else see where Duke lost their first game, playing without injured Ryan Kelly? He's not even their best player but kind of sounds familiar.
Hmmm....

Miami running duke out of the gym right now, up 32-15 with 4 minutes left in the half.

Maybe losing one of your starters does effect your play, sure is effecting a K coached team.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #296 (permalink)

42-19 at the half...nah losing a starter doesn't effect your team, K has had plenty of time to prepare for this one NO EXCUSES.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-23-2013, 11:13 PM   #297 (permalink)
Against the Grain

Quote:
42-19 at the half...nah losing a starter doesn't effect your team, K has had plenty of time to prepare for this one NO EXCUSES.
Hmmm. I just watched the ESPN segment and analysis of the game which included Jay Williams. Not a single mention of a hurt Duke player. Analysis had no mention of mention of missing players, only the fact that Duke was dominated.

So what's your point again?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #298 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT IE 95 View Post
Hmmm. I just watched the ESPN segment and analysis of the game which included Jay Williams. Not a single mention of a hurt Duke player. Analysis had no mention of mention of missing players, only the fact that Duke was dominated.

Seriously? So because the ESPN analysts (who have no more credibility than you or I) didn't mention Ryan Kelly's injury/absence, it means it had no effect on the game? Are you really going to sit here and try to argue that Miami is 27 points better than Duke regardless of Ryan Kelly's health?

It's really not hard to understand. With Ryan Kelly, Duke beat Minnesota, Louisville, and Ohio State. Then Ryan Kelly got hurt. Duke has lost 2 games since, and looks like a completely different team.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 05:15 AM   #299 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UT IE 95 View Post

Then you must not have watched the actual game or halftime...Ryan Kelly was shown MULTIPLE times on the sideline and his injury discussed.

Jay Williams and Greenberg during half also were discussing what a different team they are without Kelly.

So...losing a starter who's a major contributor effects your team, that was my point. Oh yea, final score 90-63, way to have them prepared K.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-24-2013, 09:54 AM   #300 (permalink)
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by utfan72408 View Post
Seriously? So because the ESPN analysts (who have no more credibility than you or I) didn't mention Ryan Kelly's injury/absence, it means it had no effect on the game? Are you really going to sit here and try to argue that Miami is 27 points better than Duke regardless of Ryan Kelly's health?

It's really not hard to understand. With Ryan Kelly, Duke beat Minnesota, Louisville, and Ohio State. Then Ryan Kelly got hurt. Duke has lost 2 games since, and looks like a completely different team.
Ryan Kelly or not, Duke loses the game last night.
Reply With Quote TOP