Question for fans that live in TN?

Stoked

I live in KY and know very few UT fans personally. So really the only Vol fans I hear from are on VN, Twitter, etc... Well my question is, do we really have this many idiotic fans? I just have a hard time comprehending some of the stupidity on this board...

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
No I think anyone with common sense knows Pearl will not coach at UT again.

There are alot of fans the are like myself who said Zo would have to prove himself and at this point that has not happened. I still attend every game I can but the atmosphere is no wheres near the same. I just hope that the fanbase does not start to expect to lose much like what happened with the football team. Pearl did an outstanding job of getting the fans into the arena and selling the UT brand and I am afraid we are starting to go backwards in both areas at this point.

Reactions: 1 person
You know I am in Memphis so a bit removed. But there is a very loyal (comparatively small to football) basketball following. I think most of us are disappointed yet still optimistic about Martin. He is a hard nosed, demanding, physical coach. The offense has just been poor. You have some who became really interested under Pearl because we played exciting ball and won. Excitement can be half the ball because frankly, it is entertainment. However, they are casual observers and merely want to compare our current situation with Pearl without really understanding certain issues. If we aren't exciting then it sucks. So yes, there is a section that aren't quite as loyal. But to maximize your revenue and interest, you have to keep that group following your product.

Reactions: 2 people
Good! I was starting to question my teams base lol.

Where we're you questioning violations sanity during the offseason? We had threads like " Martin wipes his a$$ front to back....I'm so proud he is our coach".... People stated that they "honestly" wouldn't trade Zo for izzo, coach K,cal, self or any of the rest..... Someone even stated they didn't care that we missed on Austin Nichols bc we have Q " he had just scored 15 in an exhibition game.

People complain and bring up past successful coaches bc the product on the court is very poor right now.

Where we're you questioning "violations"sanity during the offseason? We had threads like " Martin wipes his a$$ front to back....I'm so proud he is our coach".... People stated that they "honestly" wouldn't trade Zo for izzo, coach K,cal, self or any of the rest..... Someone even stated they didn't care that we missed on Austin Nichols bc we have Q " he had just scored 15 in an exhibition game.

People complain and bring up past successful coaches bc the product on the court is very poor right now.
Violations, haha must have "your" coach on your mind.

I live in KY and know very few UT fans personally. So really the only Vol fans I hear from are on VN, Twitter, etc... Well my question is, do we really have this many idiotic fans? I just have a hard time comprehending some of the stupidity on this board...

start listening to the call in shows on the Sports Animal, and you'll find out

Yes.

Polls were done by newspapers across the state and about 70 to 80% wanted him to continue coaching here.

If you live in Kentucky then all you have to do is look up Rupp and see why Kentucky stayed with him.

iPad auto correct, pearl is not my coach but I do prefer winning over what I am watching now.

I know what you mean it always happens to me on my iPhone. Just busting your balls bro. I sopported Pearl and appreciated everything he done for UT. But I also support Martin and it gets annoying when people try to make you feel stupid for supporting your coach.

I know what you mean it always happens to me on my iPhone. Just busting your balls bro. I sopported Pearl and appreciated everything he done for UT. But I also support Martin and it gets annoying when people try to make you feel stupid for supporting your coach.

I support Martin, just have diminishing confidence he can get it done.

start listening to the call in shows on the Sports Animal, and you'll find out

Sports Animal is garbage. Will West and Ward is alright I guess, but I listen to TSR. Ainge is hilarious an Swain is too. And I know what you mean I picture most of these posters as Cattleman, if you know who he is lol.

Yes.

VN is not a representative sample of UTs fan base as a whole
Our fan are bandwagon fans, when we are down some of our so called fans tell jokes an use TENNESSEE as the punch line to the joke. the same ones jump back on the wagon as soon as we start winning saying they were all in from the start.

Our fan are bandwagon fans, when we are down some of our so called fans tell jokes an use TENNESSEE as the punch line to the joke. the same ones jump back on the wagon as soon as we start winning saying they were all in from the start.

Do you mean that the fans who relished our losing during the last year Pearl was here would come out later and say "I appreciated what Pearl done for the program, but, f*** him." Because that is what they did.

VN Store

Back