What just happened?

VFL 24/7

Legend
Did we really put Mccrae a pg? Did we really sit Stokes the last 5 min? Can we dribble a ball, which is a 2nd grade skill? No we can't! I swear Coach Martin is trying to lose. It doesn't get any brighter because we have @ UK.. So what did you all think? Am I the only one that was confused on who Martin was putting on and off the court?

Reactions: 4 people
Mcrae started at the point and played very well, but you are right golden should have been in at the end to bring it up. No clue where stokes was. Maybe played 5 minutes whole second half. Cuonzo is not the answer. The wise option would be bring pearl back but that wont happen, even though he will get a shot at another school.

Reactions: 8 people
Did we really put Mccrae a pg? Did we really sit Stokes the last 5 min? Can we dribble a ball, which is a 2nd grade skill? No we can't! I swear Coach Martin is trying to lose. It doesn't get any brighter because we have @ UK.. So what did you all think? Am I the only one that was confused on who Martin was putting on and off the court?

As confused as that paragraph you typed.

Reactions: 1 person
Mcrae started at the point and played very well, but you are right golden should have been in at the end to bring it up. No clue where stokes was. Maybe played 5 minutes whole second half. Cuonzo is not the answer. The wise option would be bring pearl back but that wont happen, even though he will get a shot at another school.

There's no other way to put it. You have to be brain dead to want Bruce Pearl back.

Reactions: 4 people
I didn't watch the game, but looking at the statline, we either:

-suck
-don't suck/have good talent/are a good team & should be better, but are just all not playing well right now, ie "team slumping."

Which are we favoring? I think this team is better than its playing, & better than its record.

stokes was terrible all day...hall gave more effort than he did today...that should tell you...get off of ccm back he is trying he changed the starting lineup and everything....I guess ccm shouldn't have had 4 turnovers in a row in the late part of the game

I didn't watch the game, but looking at the statline, we either:

-suck
-don't suck/have good talent/are a good team & should be better, but are just all not playing well right now, ie "team slumping."

Which are we favoring? I think this team is better than its playing, & better than its record.

No.... I think they just suck. PG play is abysmal and Stokes just doesn't look like he's ready to take over a game.

Yeah all those wins and sell outs sure did suck. The curtains may be brought back out before much longer.

Too bad the guy that brought that success made himself radioactive and wrecked everything he built

Last year, stokes seemed lean and mean. This year, just phoning it in for some reason. Missing JM perhaps?

Too bad the guy that brought that success made himself radioactive and wrecked everything he built

I agree he was incredibly stupid but he was also a hell of a coach. Another program will give him a shot, and there is no question of that. I suspect whichever program does make that choice will be glad they did.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree he was incredibly stupid but he was also a hell of a coach. Another program will give him a shot, and there is no question of that. I suspect whichever program does make that choice will be glad they did.

Just make sure they have a polygraph test at all times with him.

What the hell? I am disappointed in some coaching, too. But folks, he is making changes. What is the definition of stupidity? Doing something over and over and expecting a different result.

Well, Golden wasn't cutting it so he put McRae at PG. Stokes has played bad and can't shoot FTs so he played Reese late. The man is trying everything. We simply do not have the guard play to beat good teams. McRae and Richardson are vastly improved and are playing well. Lets just not question EVERYTHING he does. You can't have it both ways. I am frustrated, but CCM is trying to send messages. Team is just not good offensively and not playing well.

Cuonzo and this team sucks!....That's what happened..

Reactions: 2 people
What the hell? I am disappointed in some coaching, too. But folks, he is making changes. What is the definition of stupidity? Doing something over and over and expecting a different result.

Well, Golden wasn't cutting it so he put McRae at PG. Stokes has played bad and can't shoot FTs so he played Reese late. The man is trying everything. We simply do not have the guard play to beat good teams. McRae and Richardson are vastly improved and are playing well. Lets just not question EVERYTHING he does. You can't have it both ways. I am frustrated, but CCM is trying to send messages. Team is just not good offensively and not playing well.

Agreed!! He is trying golden seemed to get the message by playing harder and taking a charge for once...moore when he got his chance to come in the game played harder...maybe this benching to stokes will wake him up and motivate him

Yeah all those wins and sell outs sure did suck. The curtains may be brought back out before much longer.

I know what you mean. I hated beating those #1 ranked teams and those #2 seeds in the NCAA tourny along with a #1 ranking. Anybody would be crazy to want to return to that.

Reactions: 9 people

He's only radioactive to those that hated the success he had at UT anyway, he gave the haters a soapbox. I heard Hatfield talking about Pearl on the radio the other day and the hate was still oozing. Pearl losing his job, being humbled, and humiliated isn't enough for the Pearl haters. I guess they won't be happy until Bruce is lynched down on main street. It's humorous to watch them flip out every time Bruce bounces back.

I don't know if CCM is the answer.

But the dumbasses that think Bruce is coming back (or should come back) need to stop. It's embarrassing.

VN Store

Back