984 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on BP as analyst. Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Ok - question for the masses - when does his probation or what ever you call it in his case ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 02:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Deep in the Woods
Posts: 1,680
Likes: 553
hoops

Ok - question for the masses - when does his probation or what ever you call it in his case run out? I was always a little confused as to how that worked. Also - regarding his assistants - have they all cleared their respective penalties?

Thanks, I'll hang up and listen.
Fullfillmer is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Dublin, VA
Posts: 1,669
Likes: 333
Aug. 23, 2014
OrngeJuiceJones is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #18 (permalink)
Take One per Meal
 
Catbone's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: A Box
Posts: 15,700
Likes: 5,908
Bruce has learnt his lesson. Id love for him to come back because he is exciting and has fun to watch teams. Flame away.
Catbone is offline  
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
tmac5469's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,082
Likes: 178
I want him back. It was fun and winning basketball. He deserves a second chance.
tmac5469 is offline  
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BP4Prez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 818
Likes: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris4Vols22 View Post
Not exactly in the past yet, but on the bright side, you may have a new mid-major or D-II team to cheer for in the future.
He will have a D 1 job the minute he is eligible to coach again.
BP4Prez is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 02:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
onthefield's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 167
Likes: 41
I would like to see him come back, the current product is hard to watch! It would not bother me at all to see him back on the bench in orange.....but it will never happen, unfortunately!
onthefield is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #22 (permalink)
Deez who? Deez Vols
 
Stoked's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 4,288
Likes: 2,122
I liked Pearl his first few years, his quick tempo press and the excitement he brought. After his elite 8 run things started running down hill. He never was a good recruiting evaluator, just went after stars. His offense was a control chaos dribble the ball around until 10 seconds were left and then jack up a 3. His best years was when Lofton was there and could hit the 3. I wouldn't mind having that Pearl back, but not the ladder Pearl. Just my 2 cents...still thin CCM can get it done. Is offense is bad, but is adding really nice players. Richardson, Moore, Reese, and Yemi have all been impressive when, everyone doubted them because of the stars by their name. Adding Maymon and Hubbs will improve the offense tremendously. Please everyone give him some time. I know it's hard for everyone to be patient, because that's how the world is today, but judge him after next year, when he has had 3 years to get the players for his system.

Edit: don't drill me too hard with spelling I'm on my phone.
Stoked is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 02:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BP4Prez's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 818
Likes: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked4Zo View Post
I liked Pearl his first few years, his quick tempo press and the excitement he brought. After his elite 8 run things started running down hill. He never was a good recruiting evaluator, just went after stars. His offense was a control chaos dribble the ball around until 10 seconds were left and then jack up a 3. His best years was when Lofton was there and could hit the 3. I wouldn't mind having that Pearl back, but not the ladder Pearl. Just my 2 cents...still thin CCM can get it done. Is offense is bad, but is adding really nice players. Richardson, Moore, Reese, and Yemi have all been impressive when, everyone doubted them because of the stars by their name. Adding Maymon and Hubbs will improve the offense tremendously. Please everyone give him some time. I know it's hard for everyone to be patient, because that's how the world is today, but judge him after next year, when he has had 3 years to get the players for his system.

Edit: don't drill me too hard with spelling I'm on my phone.
he only coached one season after the elite 8 run. At least that's what i was thinking.
BP4Prez is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 02:42 PM   #24 (permalink)
Deez who? Deez Vols
 
Stoked's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 4,288
Likes: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP4Prez View Post
he only coached one season after the elite 8 run. At least that's what i was thinking.
Yep, went down hill after that. I guess you can make an excuse about all of the negative attention around him lying, but if you do that then you can make an excuse for CCM not having Maymon..
Stoked is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #25 (permalink)
27 Hours a Day
 
SGMVols's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 15,200
Likes: 1,204
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP4Prez View Post
He will have a D 1 job the minute he is eligible to coach again.
Have fun keeping up with Fairleigh Dickinson.
SGMVols is offline  
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #26 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Maryville,TN
Posts: 5,368
Likes: 1,729
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedingTNorange View Post
He bagged my groceries the other day, true story.
Shouldn't that be followed by......so glad/proud he use to be our coach......I remember several stories about CCM in the offseason.
volbeast33 is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,400
Likes: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked4Zo View Post
Yep, went down hill after that. I guess you can make an excuse about all of the negative attention around him lying, but if you do that then you can make an excuse for CCM not having Maymon..
But, Maymon is a Pearl recruit and Pearl couldn't recruit talent.
knowthevols is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 03:29 PM   #28 (permalink)
Senior Member

Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 3,400
Likes: 940
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMVols View Post
Have fun keeping up with Fairleigh Dickinson.
If he goes there I hope we don't have to play them and add them to our list of loses under AP.
knowthevols is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #29 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bleedingTNorange's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 40,362
Likes: 8,433
Quote:
Originally Posted by volbeast33 View Post
Shouldn't that be followed by......so glad/proud he use to be our coach......I remember several stories about CCM in the offseason.
Difference was CCM was doing it voluntarily, FCBP was doing it for minimum wage.
bleedingTNorange is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
Raise a lil hell...
 
OrangeBalls's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,988
Likes: 2,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by BP4Prez View Post
He will have a D 1 job the minute he is eligible to coach again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMVols View Post
Have fun keeping up with Fairleigh Dickinson.
It won't be that bad. Think more along the CUSA lines.
OrangeBalls is offline  
Reply With Quote TOP
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27