What would it take?

Stoked

Well it's no surprise by my name that I'm a huge CCM fan, most already know. I have a couple of questions though.

If you already support CCM, what would it take for you to not support him and want him fired?

If you don't support him (which looks like there are more of these fans each and everyday) what would it take for him to do to support him?

To destroy the program. I support him. I know Pearl left us in a mess. If you notice though Cuz's recruits are the ones keeping us in games

For me if he doesn't make the Tourny and at least to the 2nd weekend next year, I believe he won't get it done for us in the future.

IMO, his seat will be warm if we can't get 9 SEC wins. Unless we absolutely bomb in SEC play, I will give him the most serious judgment after we see how the team is doing next year.

If we have all the pieces we should have next year, and we miss the dance, it will be virtually impossible to defend Martin.

Jmo.

Reactions: 1 person
If he hasn't danced before his contract is up.
Take that back if it's year to year.

IMO, his seat will be warm if we can't get 9 SEC wins. Unless we absolutely bomb in SEC play, I will give him the most serious judgment after we see how the team is doing next year.

If we have all the pieces we should have next year, and we miss the dance, it will be virtually impossible to defend Martin.

Jmo.

I think 8-9 SEC wins is the most realistic expectation right now.

If he doesn't have us dancing next year he has to go, no questions asked.

This year he's safe no questions asked.

Now...next year gets tricky, he should win games in the dance, but do you require that if it's his first appearance? IMO it'll just depend. If he has a good looking 2014 class coming in, has a good year we are a 2 seed but get upset, bring him back IMO.

Yeah I know. I'm trying to see what it will take to get his support (mainly from IE and his followers.)

Since IE got raked over the coals for his Goodbye thread and never wavered from it, I highly doubt that he will ever hop the fence.

Without Maymon, no true point guard (again), some players not playing at a higher level leaves you with and average team. Remember this team was already struggling to score prior to the last two games. The second half of the Memphis game this team begin to score, but you know Memphis let up. Issues abound on this team, but CCM will figure it out. That's my hope.

If he hasn't danced before his contract is up.
Take that back if it's year to year.

Yikes. I thought he signed a 5 or 6 year deal because of possible probation for the Athletic Department. If that doesn't happen, then it will be a long 5 years. He needs to be gone.

If he doesn't have us dancing next year he has to go, no questions asked.

This year he's safe no questions asked.

Now...next year gets tricky, he should win games in the dance, but do you require that if it's his first appearance? IMO it'll just depend. If he has a good looking 2014 class coming in, has a good year we are a 2 seed but get upset, bring him back IMO.

2 seed? That's getting ahead of ourselves a bit. I'd be very happy with a 4 seed.

The problem is that this is the year to take the SEC. It is bad, and UK will have its weakest team in several past years and several beyond. I think we should win 20 games this year, but I wouldn't fire him if not.

Next year, I expect to be dancing. But, the very year that we have a great team, so will UK and UF. Take advantage this year.

I am concerned about the future after Stokes and Hubbs.

Will be hoping for a hot streak before the season ends. Wouldn't put it past them, but I'm not saying I'm expecting it.

At best I see 10 wins.

I'd go ahead and chock up the next 2 as losses, with 4 more losses at Arkansas, to UK, Florida, and Mizzou. Can we get this ship turned around enough to pull out a road win in Oxford in 2 weeks? Not so sure. If not, 10 wins is the best possible.

By the end of the season, I'd like to think we'll have improved enough to be able and pull off a road victory at Texas A&M, but the way we're playing right now, it would be tough.

The problem is that this is the year to take the SEC. It is bad, and UK will have its weakest team in several past years and several beyond. I think we should win 20 games this year, but I wouldn't fire him if not.

Next year, I expect to be dancing. But, the very year that we have a great team, so will UK and UF. Take advantage this year.

I am concerned about the future after Stokes and Hubbs.

I am too and said so just a few days ago. After next year, what will this team look like? Will we be satisfied with making the dance only once in four years? I don't expect it every year, but a coach has everything he needs to succeed at UT. Pearl showed that you can do it every year even with a limited roster. Martin hasn't shown that yet.

Next year should be his breakout season provided there are no more lingering injuries. After that, he better start recruiting some more.

2 seed? That's getting ahead of ourselves a bit. I'd be very happy with a 4 seed.

I'm not predicting that, just saying hypothetically. If he has us top 25 and gets a good seed, one and done in his first appearance I don't think he should be fired.

Now if we limp in as a 10 seed and lose game 1, yea he probably needs to be gone.

Like I said a lot has to do with that 2014 class as well.

UT should get to the Sweet 16 next year with the talent they have. However, if Golden continues to be inconsistent and doesn't provide a steady hand at the PG position then this team could go one and done unless they have a great seed. You win NCAA tourney games with guard play. Our guards are average. We'll see how much better they are next year.

At best I see 10 wins.

I'd go ahead and chock up the next 2 as losses, with 4 more losses at Arkansas, to UK, Florida, and Mizzou. Can we get this ship turned around enough to pull out a road win in Oxford in 2 weeks? Not so sure. If not, 10 wins is the best possible.

By the end of the season, I'd like to think we'll have improved enough to be able and pull off a road victory at Texas A&M, but the way we're playing right now, it would be tough.

you say 10 wins this year ?

VN Store

Back