21 point blowout at the..........

imbubbaspitcup

Free throw line!!!! Ouch!!!!! Trae Golden & Skylar McBee got torched last night!!!!! They didn't even make it to the free throw line between the two of them. When they are in the game we get soon far behind. We won't win another game with them starting or getting 20+ minutes. B Lopez isn't going to score alot, but he can keep up with every guard in the league & disrupt the point of attack!!!!!! Stokes is playing like he should (15points,11rebounds) Jordan Mcrae is ballin, why in hell is he not starting????? I wish Yemi would start & K Hall would come off the bench. When Yemi comes in he plays hard defense, get rebounds, get a massive swat, he just gets the crowd going & we just make a come back!!!!!! Derek Reese has got promise, its only his second game he is only going up!!!! Ole Miss took 44 free throw attempts & made 38, that's 21 more points then we made at the free throw line!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Free throw line!!!! Ouch!!!!! Trae Golden & Skylar McBee got torched last night!!!!! They didn't even make it to the free throw line between the two of them. When they are in the game we get soon far behind. We won't win another game with them starting or getting 20+ minutes. B Lopez isn't going to score alot, but he can keep up with every guard in the league & disrupt the point of attack!!!!!! Stokes is playing like he should (15points,11rebounds) Jordan Mcrae is ballin, why in hell is he not starting????? I wish Yemi would start & K Hall would come off the bench. When Yemi comes in he plays hard defense, get rebounds, get a massive swat, he just gets the crowd going & we just make a come back!!!!!! Derek Reese has got promise, its only his second game he is only going up!!!! Ole Miss took 44 free throw attempts & made 38, that's 21 more points then we made at the free throw line!!!!!!!

McBee is struggling bad this year. Golden needs to be moved to the 2 guard position and we need to find a true PG. We also need a pure shooter as well.

Woah!!!!!! I applaud you for your excellent and excessive use of exclamation points!!!! I wasn't happy with the FT shooting either!!!!!! Kenny got in early foul trouble!!!!!! Golden is much better than he played last night!!!!!! Things should improve or CCM will be forced to make lineup changes!!!!!!! You also have to take into account that we won't have Maymon all season so Stokes is the only big we have!!!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRAAHGHGHGHGGAGAHGAAHGAH!!!!!!!!! :bash:

Reactions: 1 person
Sorry a little off topic but a question. Are we at a point where Ole Miss athletics are simply better than ours? Wow think i just threw up a little.

mcbee or mcthree whatever you call him, he stinks.....he should ride the pine.

we have no outside shooting therefore, stop jacking 3's.......take the ball to the well and start over. i would site mcbee down cut his stach and then let him know he is benched......

just sayin.....yes i watched it and it was hard to watch. Kinda like monday's game

There are no SEC quality PG's on the team. Anybody in the student body that played the position in HS is invited to give it a shot. As hard as he has tried Golden is a SG. Only capable of back-up minutes at PG and SG because he is too slow, especially on D. He has even lost his scoring touch trying to be something he's not. Yemi should start at C with Hall off the bench.

McRae, Richardson, Stokes, Yemi and a PG from somewhere should be the starting rotation. McBrick should sit on the far end of the bench. His shooting is awful and his D is even worse. He looks totally lost out on the court now. I have no idea why Edwards and Reese see the floor at this point other than breathers for starters. Give each 4 minutes and sit them until they learn how to play. We all know Lopez is doing all he can, which would be good enough for Carson Newman.

Starting to get very uncomfortable with Coach Zo now. He has Pearl Disease of playing too many guys too many minutes with some terrible substitution patterns, especially in the first half. That is the exact opposite of what he said he would do at his hiring. What he used to have with good D and rebounding is gone. He's had a couple of seasons to recruit an SEC quality PG and has not done so. Next year's is even a back-up where he is playing.

I know Hubbs committed and that is good, but we have seen many years at UT of having one great player on a team and they would still stink as a team. Maymon will be back and that will help if he and Stokes can team up again underneath for one season. But who will get the ball down the court and into their hands? McRae cannot do it all.

Reactions: 1 person
Reese is averaging 7 pts his first 2 college games against two quality opponents. He should be getting minutes. Has a high basketball IQ, has a good shot (it looks ugly and isn't hitting a lot, but it is only his 2nd game), can pass good, and plays good D with a long wing span.

Yemi over Hall, Richardson, and McRae need 35 mins a night. Stokes needs to keep doing what he did last night. Golden needs to get out of this slump he is way better than this. McBee would do the team better just to quit.

Golden
McRae
Richardson
Stokes
Yemi

Play Reese, Hall, and Lopez off the bench. That 8 man rotation would be amazing, and you could maybe bring Edwards in just for a breather.

Reese is averaging 7 pts his first 2 college games against two quality opponents. He should be getting minutes. Has a high basketball IQ, has a good shot (it looks ugly and isn't hitting a lot, but it is only his 2nd game), can pass good, and plays good D with a long wing span.

Maybe we watched different games last night, but Reese's defense was pretty awful. I concede it was his second game, but he is now 5-16 in those two games. That's 32%, which won't cut it over the long haul.

Yemi over Hall, Richardson, and McRae need 35 mins a night. Stokes needs to keep doing what he did last night. Golden needs to get out of this slump he is way better than this. McBee would do the team better just to quit.

Golden
McRae
Richardson
Stokes
Yemi

Play Reese, Hall, and Lopez off the bench. That 8 man rotation would be amazing, and you could maybe bring Edwards in just for a breather.
The problem with Reese is coaching. Evidently he's been told to jack nothing but 3s.
How many more seasons will it take Martin to figure out this isn't a perimeter shooting team and adjust?

Maybe we watched different games last night, but Reese's defense was pretty awful. I concede it was his second game, but he is now 5-16 in those two games. That's 32%, which won't cut it over the long haul.

Right on par with the rest of our team lol.

I feel like his 3s are more likely to fall the mcbee's, is that bad?

agree mcbee should not start we should drive to the basket more. but if mcbee did shave what ever the h*** that is on his face maybe his balance would come back

The problem with Reese is coaching. Evidently he's been told to jack nothing but 3s.
How many more seasons will it take Martin to figure out this isn't a perimeter shooting team and adjust?

Lol I'm sure that's exactly what Martin told him, c'mon Cal.

Okay.
You explain 26 3s by a team that can't hit the back board from the perimeter.

Well first of all that number is inflated due to
5 or 6 threes in the closing minutes trying to come back, so we can work with the number of say 20.

Well...Mcbee is on the floor, he sure as hell aint gonna shoot anything else so if he's out there he's gonna shoot some 3s.

Jordan McRae is probably playing the best of anyone, are you really gonna tell him what to do? He took 8 threes but made 3 of them, that's 38% not too shabby.

So right there between those 2 guys are 12 of your 20 three point attempts. So that leaves 8 three point attempts to the rest of your team over the course of the game, personally I don't think that's that many. Reese tried to shoot midrange and got packed, and he proved he isn strong enough to bang down low, so what do you propose he do offensively?

Well first of all that number is inflated due to
5 or 6 threes in the closing minutes trying to come back, so we can work with the number of say 20.

Well...Mcbee is on the floor, he sure as hell aint gonna shoot anything else so if he's out there he's gonna shoot some 3s.

Jordan McRae is probably playing the best of anyone, are you really gonna tell him what to do? He took 8 threes but made 3 of them, that's 38% not too shabby.

So right there between those 2 guys are 12 of your 20 three point attempts. So that leaves 8 three point attempts to the rest of your team over the course of the game, personally I don't think that's that many. Reese tried to shoot midrange and got packed, and he proved he isn strong enough to bang down low, so what do you propose he do offensively?
We played at Ole Miss's tempo last night.
When we beat the pressure down the floor we scored.
If you watch our guys on change of possession they stand and hold the ball 2 to 3 seconds before they pass down floor.
After the opposing defense got set up they jacked the 3 or turned it over.

We played at Ole Miss's tempo last night.
When we beat the pressure down the floor we scored.
If you watch our guys on change of possession they stand and hold the ball 2 to 3 seconds before they pass down floor.
After the opposing defense got set up they jacked the 3 or turned it over.

I remember multiple fast break possessions that resulted in turnovers, bad shots, or missed 3s. It was hardly a, we run and we score efficiently type of deal.

If you want to run you need a PG willing to run, and golden isn't that.

I remember multiple fast break possessions that resulted in turnovers, bad shots, or missed 3s. It was hardly a, we run and we score efficiently type of deal.

If you want to run you need a PG willing to run, and golden isn't that.
Golden is plenty willing to run and did at the beginning.
I'm sure being tripped and hitting the floor numerous times didn't help the sore shoulder.
Figured we would suffer when he got hurt.
It's more than that now. We've regressed on defense.

McBee has always been subpar. A couple prayers have been answered and he's got more playing time than he deserves as a result. I can watch crummy football, but I cannot tolerate crummy basketball. CCM will be gone once Pearls sanctions are up.

McBee has always been subpar. A couple prayers have been answered and he's got more playing time than he deserves as a result. I can watch crummy football, but I cannot tolerate crummy basketball. CCM will be gone once Pearls sanctions are up.
And the band plays on.
Does it ever end?

Golden is plenty willing to run and did at the beginning.
I'm sure being tripped and hitting the floor numerous times didn't help the sore shoulder.
Figured we would suffer when he got hurt.
It's more than that now. We've regressed on defense.

Golden couldn't stay out of foul trouble, he was out of control multiple times when trying to run last night. He's not a good running PG, he doesn't have the handles or speed to go through traffic.

VN Store

Back