Newcomer taking Landry's minutes

Getting hard to defend this guy...many said the lack of assists were the style HP runs. Then you have XRM dropping 9 assists and another guy 6???

Getting hard to defend this guy...many said the lack of assists were the style HP runs. Then you have XRM dropping 9 assists and another guy 6???

Yep, the other guy was Austin Grandstaff, the recent transfer from Texas. Didn't take Fulford too long to work him into the regular lineup. Just realized my first post wasn't too clear on that. Rathan-Mayes has had a far bigger assist season than I would have expected. I thought he was just a shooter. He's averaging nearly 7 apg for Huntington. So, no, their system doesn't restrict assists for someone who can dish.

Yep, the other guy was Austin Grandstaff, the recent transfer from Texas. Didn't take Fulford too long to work him into the regular lineup. Just realized my first post wasn't too clear on that. Rathan-Mayes has had a far bigger assist season than I would have expected. I thought he was just a shooter. He's averaging nearly 7 apg for Huntington. So, no, their system doesn't restrict assists for someone who can dish.

Yea that's the REALLY dissapointing part.

Cuonzo needs to learn to realize and correct a mistake.

This kid didn't get worse since signing day. Cuonzo wasn't willing to go back on his scholarship offer to him.

Either learn to slow play kids or be willing to part ways. This ain't mizz st.

Many thought (including me) Reese was gonna be a waste of a scholarship, and now many are excite to see him and think he is showing promise.

I'll give him his chance before running him off. With that said I would like to add another PG.

Reactions: 1 person
Many thought (including me) Reese was gonna be a waste of a scholarship, and now many are excite to see him and think he is showing promise.

I'll give him his chance before running him off. With that said I would like to add another PG.

Beating a dead horse, but I disagree with the people claiming this.

Did you expect him to average 7 points this year?
I didn't even expect him to score 7 points all season tbh.

He's played 2 games, bro. Let's see what happens. I would love to be proven wrong, but the only good thing I can really say about him at this point is that he's better than McBee.

Reactions: 1 person
If Reese can hit a couple of 3's and average 7 points that's a plus to me. Hell, McBee jacks up shot after shot and may make only one three all game long. Reese needs some more beef and experience, but he can do more than just jack 3's all game long. McBee can only do one thing and rarely can stay with his opponent.

He's played 2 games, bro. Let's see what happens. I would love to be proven wrong, but the only good thing I can really say about him at this point is that he's better than McBee.

I know what you mean, but you have to admit he is away better than what you expected.

I know what you mean, but you have to admit he is away better than what you expected.

Eh, I'm not as amazed as most others.

If he shows consistency, then I would definitely say he has potential. I just don't see that happening at this point. But, he's only played 2 games, so we gotta give him some time.

Beating a dead horse, but I disagree with the people claiming this.

What were your expectations in his thread? Mine iirc were he wouldn't end up on campus, and if he did he wouldn't play.

Well freshman year and in 2 BIG games he's averaging 22 minutes a game and 7 points, not too shabby.

In his 2 healthy games he has been our sixth man, who expected that?

How bout this: I say it's comforting knowing that Reese has shown that he can be effective in his first 2 games.

Fair compromise, no?
safe_image.php

Eh, I'm not as amazed as most others.

If he shows consistency, then I would definitely say he has potential. I just don't see that happening at this point. But, he's only played 2 games, so we gotta give him some time.

Also gotta say he isn't shy about shooting. For on unheralded guy playing in only 2 games in his freshman year, he really has the green light to pull the trigger.

VN Store

Back