Question for the Experts.

Dougie_D

Is it too early in the season to determine how well the Player Development has been?

Is the whole team in a slump?

Who's been getting better?

Who's getting worse?

My biggest fear is that CCM is having a difficult time developing players for SEC/Tourney level.

Reactions: 1 person
Is it too early in the season to determine how well the Player Development has been?

im not an expert but i will give my opinion

Is the whole team in a slump? Just not very good, you can include the coaches

Who's been getting better?Richardson,Mcrae , Stokes has no help

Who's getting worse?rest of the team

My biggest fear is that CCM is having a difficult time developing players for SEC/Tourney level.

jmo

Our talent level is actually not bad. These guys should have been able to handle MS, especially at HOME. Logic would tell you that, if it ain't the players, it must be the coaching.

Where did the defense go the last 2 games. Its like coach can not adjust to what the other team is bringing. Plus the talent is not all that good after the first 5, and mcbee is not in that 5

Our talent level is actually not bad. These guys should have been able to handle MS, especially at HOME. Logic would tell you that, if it ain't the players, it must be the coaching.

Yes our talent level IS bad. When you are playing 2 walk ons significant minutes that's not SEC level talent. Not to mention the 2 stars on scholarship who are also seeing big minutes.

Yes our talent level IS bad. When you are playing 2 walk ons significant minutes that's not SEC level talent. Not to mention the 2 stars on scholarship who are also seeing big minutes.

In addition, we are not athletic enough when Golden and McBee are on the court.
They continue to get beat on defense by quicker, more athletic guards. Stokes continues to get beat down low by marginal players and Kenny Hall does not even belong on the court looking like he lost his girlfriend and his dog got ran over.

In addition, we are not athletic enough when Golden and McBee are on the court.
They continue to get beat on defense by quicker, more athletic guards. Stokes continues to get beat down low by marginal players and Kenny Hall does not even belong on the court looking like he lost his girlfriend and his dog got ran over.

It why Im not sure the uptempo is a good idea. Are we scoring more, yes, but it takes 2 of our starters completely out of their game (trae and skylar). Asking skylar to run up and down the court against guys night and day more athletically gifted than he is is unfair.

I think we have a better chance playing ugly like we did early in the year and picking and choosing a few spots to run when those guys are out of the game.

Reactions: 2 people
It why Im not sure the uptempo is a good idea. Are we scoring more, yes, but it takes 2 of our starters completely out of their game (trae and skylar). Asking skylar to run up and down the court against guys night and day more athletically gifted than he is is unfair.

I think we have a better chance playing ugly like we did early in the year and picking and choosing a few spots to run when those guys are out of the game.

I agree with playing ugly,feel like he needs to settle on one style of play and see if the team adjusts to it.Bouncing back and forth is not working.

I wanted to do a more extensive subject heading post but the minimum threshold (100 posts) was not met to initiate such a thread. Consequently I'll just do a real short response to this thread since I have no privileges on the Vols board per se.

The bottom line is the injury to Maymon and his decision to subsequently red shirt has had and will continue to have a grave impact on the season for Tennessee. He was the leader. Grave in the sense this will not be an NCAA Tournament team this year in my opinion. Although it is still early the Vols need to relish the opportunity to participate in the NIT this year similar to Minnesota last year. Minnesota lost to Stanford in the NIT final last year and returned the core nucleus of their NIT final team including sixth year senior Trevor Mbakwe. Mbakwe and Maymon are analogous pieces to each teams puzzle. The return of Maymon with Hubbs (who by all my accounts is a REAL PTP'ER) and the core of this Tennessee team should put the Vols in the same position Minnesota is in this year.

The Gophers have Elite 8 potential this year and next year the Vols should have E8/Final 4 potential assuming they take advantage of every opportunity given to them this year in the post season.

Just be patient. Great things are on the horizon for Tennessee basketball in my opinion.

UConn next year will also surprise many people if Napier and Boatright return.

Hang tough good times are around the corner...

Is the whole team in a slump?

Who's been getting better?

Who's getting worse?

Stokes to me has not improved like I thought, he would with a year under him.:ermm:

I wanted to do a more extensive subject heading post but the minimum threshold (100 posts) was not met to initiate such a thread. Consequently I'll just do a real short response to this thread since I have no privileges on the Vols board per se.

The bottom line is the injury to Maymon and his decision to subsequently red shirt has had and will continue to have a grave impact on the season for Tennessee. He was the leader. Grave in the sense this will not be an NCAA Tournament team this year in my opinion. Although it is still early the Vols need to relish the opportunity to participate in the NIT this year similar to Minnesota last year. Minnesota lost to Stanford in the NIT final last year and returned the core nucleus of their NIT final team including sixth year senior Trevor Mbakwe. Mbakwe and Maymon are analogous pieces to each teams puzzle. The return of Maymon with Hubbs (who by all my accounts is a REAL PTP'ER) and the core of this Tennessee team should put the Vols in the same position Minnesota is in this year.

The Gophers have Elite 8 potential this year and next year the Vols should have E8/Final 4 potential assuming they take advantage of every opportunity given to them this year in the post season.

Just be patient. Great things are on the horizon for Tennessee basketball in my opinion.

UConn next year will also surprise many people if Napier and Boatright return.

Hang tough good times are around the corner...

It's amazing what happens when people who don't have a horse in the race and think rationally post.

VN Store

Back