Talent in the SEC

Dougie_D

Based on the talent of the SEC teams, who are the teams we are suppose to win?

It blows my mind that tonight was a HOME game by the way.

Should beat Georgia, South Carolina, and MSU. You can give up if we don't beat those. Then we are more talented than Auburn and Texas A&M but they are on road. We should also beat LSU and Vandy at home.

Off the top of my head, Florida, Mizzou, Kentucky, ole miss and probably Arkansas all have more talent. So based on talent alone we are probably 6th in the SEC.

Reactions: 1 person
Off the top of my head, Florida, Mizzou, Kentucky, ole miss and probably Arkansas all have more talent. So based on talent alone we are probably 6th in the SEC.
Arkansas won't do well enough on the road to finish that high. I think Alabama and Tennessee will fight for the fifth spot in the conference. Auburn has looked better of late as well, although they do have a bunch of terrible losses.

Arkansas won't do well enough on the road to finish that high. I think Alabama and Tennessee will fight for the fifth spot in the conference. Auburn has looked better of late as well, although they do have a bunch of terrible losses.

I'm talking from a talent standpoint alone, nothing else, I thought that's what the OP was asking.

Holloway had 15 points and 12 rebounds and Buckner had 13 points and 15 rebounds.

Our front line got abused. Unfortunately, Maymon wasn't there tonight. Fortunately, Maymon and Stokes should put up those numbers next year when Buckner and Holloway are gone.

I'm talking from a talent standpoint alone, nothing else, I thought that's what the OP was asking.
Ah, okay. My bad. If we're purely talking about talent; though, Alabama does have to be mentioned with Releford, Randolph, Cooper, Lacey, Pollard, and Steele. There's just too much perimeter talent and not enough interior talent on that roster.

Ah, okay. My bad. If we're purely talking about talent; though, Alabama does have to be mentioned with Releford, Randolph, Cooper, Lacey, Pollard, and Steele. There's just too much perimeter talent and not enough interior talent on that roster.

Yea I considered them, but being without emgstrom and Steele right now takes away from that.

TIFWIW, Steele has not cracked 20 mins in either game, and has only attempted 5 shots between the 2.

Yes, but Grant is high on him. Here's what he had to say after the Oakland game.

Grant felt the return of Andrew Steele, who had missed the last seven games due to injury, was important.

''I can't put a measure (on how much that helped),'' he said. ''His impact on this team is tremendous. He's one of those guys who leads by example. The intangibles that he brings our team has been missed.''

Just our luck he's back in time for our game. UT needs to show it has a spine in the next game. They got punked tonight by a good frontline and a punk that looked and acted like Eminem.

VN Store

Back