Thoughts on The Memphis vs. Tennessee Game

Forty

We may have lost, but atleast we know we have other scorers. Richardson and McRae should have raised their confidence on this game, and should carry on to the next ones.

The Tigers are not that good. How many times will a team shoot 64% a half? We raise our % up It would be a different outcome.

The Tiger fans were very respectable and were a lot of fun. I dont think any of them were too over the top or obnoxious. Hope the series goes on

i learned from this game it official mcbee does not need to start and does not need all those minutes u play 2o minutes shoot 5 3's hit 1 not helping us i agree richardson, mcrae, and reese need more time. they play better defense than skylar and are better scorers. they can drive.

Reactions: 1 person
McRae deserves to start, but as long as he is getting starter min I'm cool with that. Some players play better of the bench.

McRae deserves to start, but as long as he is getting starter min I'm cool with that. Some players play better of the bench.

I agree with this in principle but I am tired of seeing UT go to the first TV timeout having scored 5 points or less. It's time to see if maybe McBee and Golden play better off the bench.

The Tiger fans were very respectable and were a lot of fun. I dont think any of them were too over the top or obnoxious. Hope the series goes on

I was in the upper deck for this one, and there was a group of 4 guys wearing "champion butt chugger" tee shirts 2 rows behind us. They yelled obscenities, butt-chugging jokes, and other random drunken gibberish the entire game, while drinking cans of beer (no joke). Even the other Memphis fans in the section were embarrassed.

I hope we never play them again. Feels like we are wallowing with the swine.

Let's start a nice pre-season long term home and away series with a school that we have more in common with...North Carolina, Clemson, Georgia Tech...some one like that.

Mcbee is not cutting it defensively, but He was playing some great defense.

There were 3 guys in my friends section 105 and he said they were loud the whole game.

But Where we were and everybody we ran into seem to be ok people

Not sure why so many refuse to give Memphis credit for being a good offensive team. What happened wasn't a fluky shooting performance.

The Tigers have scored in the 70s and 80s quite a bit this year even though Adonis Thomas and Chris Crawford were in a slump. They scored pretty easily against Louisville, too, but turned the ball over too much.

The Tigers shot better than their average from 3 against UT, but their average this season has been below where they were last year with basically the same 3-point shooters. I would expect Memphis to have a few really good 3-point shooting games over the next 10 to bring the averages back closer to last year. Also, this Memphis team shot better from three on the road than home last season. Memphis' 2-point shooting percentage at UT wasn't anything different than what it has been all season

Not sure why so many refuse to give Memphis credit for being a good offensive team. What happened wasn't a fluky shooting performance.

The Tigers have scored in the 70s and 80s quite a bit this year even though Adonis Thomas and Chris Crawford were in a slump. They scored pretty easily against Louisville, too, but turned the ball over too much.

The Tigers shot better than their average from 3 against UT, but their average this season has been below where they were last year with basically the same 3-point shooters. I would expect Memphis to have a few really good 3-point shooting games over the next 10 to bring the averages back closer to last year. Also, this Memphis team shot better from three on the road than home last season. Memphis' 2-point shooting percentage at UT wasn't anything different than what it has been all season

Memphis overall is a talented team. At the beginning of the season they were ranked in the top 20. Early losses is what knocked them out of it. Coaching has always been the big question with this team. They are beginning to jell as seen on TV Friday. Their guard play was far superior to UT's and was the difference in the game. McCrae and Richardson played extremely well, but when you are in a deficit it's very difficult to get over that hump. For those thinking Memphis is not that good should consider just how good UT is then.

I was in the upper deck for this one, and there was a group of 4 guys wearing "champion butt chugger" tee shirts 2 rows behind us. They yelled obscenities, butt-chugging jokes, and other random drunken gibberish the entire game, while drinking cans of beer (no joke). Even the other Memphis fans in the section were embarrassed.

Those guys were awesome. I got a picture of the "Champion Butt Chugger" shirts after the game.

BEER
GOES
HERE
l
l
V

On the back. Classic.

I also saw Eric Berry.

Memphis overall is a talented team. At the beginning of the season they were ranked in the top 20. Early losses is what knocked them out of it. Coaching has always been the big question with this team. They are beginning to jell as seen on TV Friday. Their guard play was far superior to UT's and was the difference in the game. McCrae and Richardson played extremely well, but when you are in a deficit it's very difficult to get over that hump. For those thinking Memphis is not that good should consider just how good UT is then.

thanks for the unbiased assessment Sly......

Those guys were awesome. I got a picture of the "Champion Butt Chugger" shirts after the game.

BEER
GOES
HERE
l
l
V

On the back. Classic.

I also saw Eric Berry.

Yes, nothing like Detroit South trash showing everyone their true trash colors.

Yes, nothing like Detroit South trash showing everyone their true trash colors.

You were probably butt chugging suspect number uno.

You're going to make fun of other people, for making fun of you for sticking tubes up your ass, "Zander"?

Last edited:
You were probably butt chugging suspect number uno.

You're going to make fun of other people, for making fun of you for sticking tubes up your ass, "Zander"?

Yeah, that was me. I'm back in college.

You're the epitome of Memphis trash. Wear it proud punk.

Isn't Zander from Memphis? I'm just saying.

Oh, and did you run into any great former Tiger football players (definition of oxymoron)?

Yeah, that was me. I'm back in college.

You're the epitome of Memphis trash. Wear it proud punk.

Relax man, you're taking everything way too seriously lately. UT has another bball game on Wednesday.

Til then, just go home tonight, pour yourself a nice glass of Pinot and have your wife funnel it into your butt for you.

Reactions: 1 person
Isn't Zander from Memphis? I'm just saying.

Oh, and did you run into any great former Tiger football players (definition of oxymoron)?

I don't know. Wasn't Hitler from Austria? How is that relevent?

Also, I saw about 7 or 8 great Tigers on Friday.

Relax man, you're taking everything way too seriously lately. UT has another bball game on Wednesday.

Til then, just go home tonight, pour yourself a nice glass of Pinot and have your wife funnel it into your butt for you.

Wow another knee slapper!!! Who knew MemphisTrash was a comedian and so original?!?!

I bet you even got your picture made with them just like a mewling 12 year old fan girl didn't you?!?! Man, nothing like originality just overflowing out of Memphis!

Wow another knee slapper!!! Who knew MemphisTrash was a comedian and so original?!?!

I bet you even got your picture made with them just like a mewling 12 year old fan girl didn't you?!?! Man, nothing like originality just overflowing out of Memphis!

So. Much. Punctuation.

Mcmiss has no reason to even put a uniform on. He brings nothing to the floor.
Memphis was hitting everything they threw up. They just had one of those nights. They are not as good as they looked. The last 10 minutes of the game was the real Memphis team. But Tn is not that good either.

if that's all you've got left to offer VN then maybe you should just quit now

Newark to replace Tennessee on the Memphis schedule.

They will have more to talk about...like unemployment and number of murders per capita

Last edited:

VN Store

Back