Next Year: Final 4 or Bust.

Ernest Volmingway

KNS Beat Writer
No mpg breakdown here, don't care about the rotation, all I know is with Maymon and other great talent we have coming back, and Hubbs coming in next year we're going to the Final 4. You can bump this in 14-15 months or so when Tennessee basketball is making history. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 person
Do I think it's possible, absolutely. However, making a final four is no easy task and saying or bust makes It sound like if they don't make a final four Martin failed, and that's openig a door it shouldn't.

Reactions: 2 people
Is there any other teams that will have the upperclassman plus a 5 star freshman like we have. I mean seriously? Seniors- Maymon, Golden, and McRae...Juniors- Stokes an Ricardson and then adding Hubbs!!! Maymon and Richardson are both going to be the teams leaders.

Is there any other teams that will have the upperclassman plus a 5 star freshman like we have. I mean seriously? Seniors- Maymon, Golden, and McRae...Juniors- Stokes an Ricardson and then adding Hubbs!!! Maymon and Richardson are both going to be the teams leaders.

Believing it can happen, and expecting it to happen are two COMPLETELY different things, especially for a program with exactly one Elite Eight appearance in it's history.

UT better get better guard play if they wanna sniff a Final 4. Right now, they are nowhere close to that.

UT better get better guard play if they wanna sniff a Final 4. Right now, they are nowhere close to that.

Golden is hurt and will be playing his senior season. McRae will be a senior, Hubbs, and Richardson will be beast. We might have a top 10 front court and a top 10 back court in the country.

Golden is hurt and will be playing his senior season. McRae will be a senior, Hubbs, and Richardson will be beast. We might have a top 10 front court and a top 10 back court in the country.

I know that, but Golden will never be an elite PG. Our guards are not great ball handlers. If you want to advance in the NCAA tourney you have to have good guards. Ours are average as a collective unit.

What will win, our talent plus experience or the NBA team UK is going to put out there with no experience...will be interesting.

If I'm Martin im telling Nicodemus you do whatever you can, but Golden's quickness needs to improve. Not really sure how much you can do improve that though.

The Hubbs expectations are nearing Scotty Hopson level from some of you. Many of you consider him a bust. I look forward to the "Hubbs is a bust" threads three years from now because he didn't average 25 points and take us to back-to-back NCAA titles.

Knowing some on here, I probably won't have to wait three years. We'll probably see them 10 games into next season.

I know that, but Golden will never be an elite PG. Our guards are not great ball handlers. If you want to advance in the NCAA tourney you have to have good guards. Ours are average as a collective unit.

Adding a Juco PG is the missing piece. CCM need one more piece to next years puzzle, do your evaluations and pick a good one and then recruit the hell out of him.

The Hubbs expectations are nearing Scotty Hopson level from some of you. Many of you consider him a bust. I look forward to the "Hubbs is a bust" threads three years from now because he didn't average 25 points and take us to back-to-back NCAA titles.

Knowing some on here, I probably won't have to wait three years. We'll probably see them 10 games into next season.

10 games? Ha. First game he doesn't score 15+ you'll see it.

If I'm Martin im telling Nicodemus you do whatever you can, but Golden's quickness needs to improve. Not really sure how much you can do improve that though.

Golden isn't an elite PG. Never will be. I just hope we can bring in someone who can contribute other than a walk on. Lopez is serviceable and doesn't get you beat, but rarely scores.

Our guard's athleticism, or lack of, got exposed in the Memphis game and showed just how behind we are in that dept.

What will win, our talent plus experience or the NBA team UK is going to put out there with no experience...will be interesting.

That's a good question. If they somehow do add Wiggins or maybe even Randle that is a lot of talent. James Young is a beast, the twins are really good, they just got that center that idk much about. Also depends on who stays from this years team?

Exactly. And for those mocking saying anything else would be a disappointment, the "or bust" part of the title is pure confidence in our team's talent for next year. I'll be happy with whatever we do as long as we play to our potential, but I firmly believe we're going to the final four.

Exactly. And for those mocking saying anything else would be a disappointment, the "or bust" part of the title is pure confidence in our team's talent for next year. I'll be happy with whatever we do as long as we play to our potential, but I firmly believe we're going to the final four.

If you're expecting a Final 4 then I think you're going to be disappointed.

If you're expecting a Final 4 then I think you're going to be disappointed.

Butler, VCU, George Mason, etc made it to the final 4 with a lot less talent and leadership than we are going to have. A lot can happen once you make it in the dance. You really can't even predict it without even knowing who you are matched up against and who is in your bracket.

Bingo. For every brilliant game McRae has like Friday's, he has a maddening 1-9, 4 TO performance. I need to see more consistency before I can believe he is anything more than his predictably streaky self. Golden is just not what we need at PG. Unfortunately, he's about all we've got for the near future outside of Lopez. People around here are bi-polar in their opinions of Golden. One minute, he's great. The next minute people are screaming to bench him in favor of the walk-on. That is very telling. Richardson is the only guard we have to show any sort of marked improvement.

Butler, VCU, George Mason, etc made it to the final 4 with a lot less talent and leadership than we are going to have. A lot can happen once you make it in the dance. You really can't even predict it without even knowing who you are matched up against and who is in your bracket.

Those teams had good guard play. Most teams that make it that far have good guard play. UT has average guard play right now.

Yes, no one knows what the draw will be, but to expect a Final 4 when we haven't even made the dance yet and aren't a lock yet is a bit much. Let's make a dance first.

Butler, VCU, George Mason, etc made it to the final 4 with a lot less talent and leadership than we are going to have.

They all had plenty of leadership and two of the three had at least two NBA players on the roster. You're way off there IMO.

VN Store

Back