The pine is calling McBee &..........

imbubbaspitcup

Trae Golden!!!!! In 40+ minutes they two combined for 7 points,2 assists & absolutely NO DEFENSE!!!!!! It is becoming a habit & hurting the team game after game!!!!! When they are in the game we don't score & we get blown out, when they go out we score & they other team struggles to score!!!!!!! Brandon Lopez should start at point he has earned it. He playes lock down defense, is quick as a cat , & makes it hard on the opposing points guard just to bring the ball up court!!!!! Now lets talk about Jordan McRae. I take my hat off for him!!!!!! What a game last night, he played his heart out along with Josh Richardson, Kenny Hall, & Stokes!!!!!!!! It's not that this team cannot score, they just don't score with McBee & Golden on they court. The other guys get out of position & work so much harder trying to help out those two on defense. Yemi is a beast on defense & even though he doesn't score alot, the offense seems to pick up when he is on the court. Swap out McBee & Golden with Lopez & McRae in the starting line up & this team would not get behind double digits against any team!!!!!! Why didn't D Reese plays last night????

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Why didn't D Reese plays last night????

Reese sprained his ankle in Thursday's practice. D. Edwards sprained his knee.

Reese hurt an ankle on Thursday practice. He might be one of those players who stay hurt all the time. I hope not. I agree with benching Fools Golden and Mcbrick.

McBee and Golden are both playing hurt.
Lopez is no replacement for Golden offensively but he'll see a lot more playing time until golden is healthy again.
With a torn ligament, McBee is probably done for the season.
This team was on the edge with both of them healthy.
Can they win 12 more games?
Will require a major change in offensive scheme with the players Martin has at his disposal.

McBee and Golden are both playing hurt.
Lopez is no replacement for Golden offensively but he'll see a lot more playing time until golden is healthy again.
With a torn ligament, McBee is probably done for the season.
This team was on the edge with both of them healthy.
Can they win 12 more games?
Will require a major change in offensive scheme with the players Martin has at his disposal.

If they play like they did in the 2nd half, then 12 wins is realistic. Need that fire and passion from the opening tip .

Trae Golden!!!!! In 40+ minutes they two combined for 7 points,2 assists & absolutely NO DEFENSE!!!!!! It is becoming a habit & hurting the team game after game!!!!! When they are in the game we don't score & we get blown out, when they go out we score & they other team struggles to score!!!!!!! Brandon Lopez should start at point he has earned it. He playes lock down defense, is quick as a cat , & makes it hard on the opposing points guard just to bring the ball up court!!!!! Now lets talk about Jordan McRae. I take my hat off for him!!!!!! What a game last night, he played his heart out along with Josh Richardson, Kenny Hall, & Stokes!!!!!!!! It's not that this team cannot score, they just don't score with McBee & Golden on they court. The other guys get out of position & work so much harder trying to help out those two on defense. Yemi is a beast on defense & even though he doesn't score alot, the offense seems to pick up when he is on the court. Swap out McBee & Golden with Lopez & McRae in the starting line up & this team would not get behind double digits against any team!!!!!! Why didn't D Reese plays last night????

Don't forget Jarnell Pearl....

If they play like they did in the 2nd half, then 12 wins is realistic. Need that fire and passion from the opening tip .

Which is why i say start McRae and Lopez. 2 games in a row the tandem of Mcbee and golden has gotten us off to slow starts and down double digits. 2 games in a row Lopez and McRae have replaced them and we've made a comeback.

Let's start them and see if maybe instead of playing from behind we can play with the lead.

I have no problem with McBee riding pine. He's replaceable. Golden, not so much. How hurt is he?

Which is why i say start McRae and Lopez. 2 games in a row the tandem of Mcbee and golden has gotten us off to slow starts and down double digits. 2 games in a row Lopez and McRae have replaced them and we've made a comeback.

Let's start them and see if maybe instead of playing from behind we can play with the lead.
Here's my line up with Golden and McBee injured.
Hopefully Reese mends before Ole Miss.
The most punch and Mcrae pushing the pace.

McRae/ Lopez
Reese/ McRae/Moore
Richardson/ Chievous
Hall/ Reese
Stokes/ Yemi

Here's my line up with Golden and McBee injured.
Hopefully Reese mends before Ole Miss.
The most punch and Mcrae pushing the pace.

McRae/ Lopez
Reese/ McRae/Moore
Richardson/ Chievous
Hall/ Reese
Stokes/ Yemi

I think you go ahead and start Lopez, McRae, Josh, Hall and Stokes. Play Golden only as much as necessary to spell Lopez until he is healthy. At this point, the only way this team gets better is for Lopez to get starters minutes in practice and Jordy and Josh to play 32-34 mpg. I am still a McBee fan but if he can't shoot he needs to be on the bench. Hopefully either Reese or Edwards gets healthy fast.

I think you go ahead and start Lopez, McRae, Josh, Hall and Stokes. Play Golden only as much as necessary to spell Lopez until he is healthy. At this point, the only way this team gets better is for Lopez to get starters minutes in practice and Jordy and Josh to play 32-34 mpg. I am still a McBee fan but if he can't shoot he needs to be on the bench. Hopefully either Reese or Edwards gets healthy fast.
If Lopez were averaging 5 or 6 assists a game I'd say start him.
Presently he adds nothing offensively.
Would he? Who knows. He'd still get minutes when McRae moved to the 2.
McRae has experience at the point. give him a shot.
And of course Reese is still a question mark. Hopefully he brings what Martin projects.
Need to try Chievous at the 2 or 3.
Kid came here to play the 2. don't think he's getting a fair shake at the 4.

And of course Reese is still a question mark. Hopefully he brings what Martin projects.

I just think Lopez at the point and McRae in his natural position is better than McRae trying to play PG. Also, Lopez seems to be able to stay in front of other teams PGs, something even Josh and Jordy can struggle with against very quick, smaller PGs.

I agree about Chievous. He needs to be the first guy off the bench at the wing and forget trying to make him play in the post.

I just think Lopez at the point and McRae in his natural position is better than McRae trying to play PG. Also, Lopez seems to be able to stay in front of other teams PGs, something even Josh and Jordy can struggle with against very quick, smaller PGs.

I agree about Chievous. He needs to be the first guy off the bench at the wing and forget trying to make him play in the post.

Then you'd prefer Golden at the 2?

Then you'd prefer Golden at the 2?

Until he is fully healthy I think Golden backing up Lopez at PG and then playing at the 2 is the best plan. Maybe being off the ball lets Golden get his mojo back.

McRae would be eaten alive by anything resembling a press if he were our solution at PG. He dribbles the ball too high and has very questionable ball-handling skills to begin with. Aside from that, we struggle to score offensively enough as it is. We need him at his natural position to maximize his offensive abilities.

McRae would be eaten alive by anything resembling a press if he were our solution at PG. He dribbles the ball too high and has very questionable ball-handling skills to begin with. Aside from that, we struggle to score offensively enough as it is. We need him at his natural position to maximize his offensive abilities.
Probably right.
Just exploring alternatives.
Hands are tied at this point.

VN Store

Back