Skylar

DocVol

Skylar has to be pulled from the rotation--and definitely, 100%, unequivocally, needs to be pulled from the starting role that he so irresponsibly and uselessly takes up.

His defense serves one role only--zone/trap at the top of the key. Other than that, he is as useless as a handful of condoms in a monastery.

He has the slowest feet and can NEVER stay in front of ANYONE driving or pressing with any sort of moderate pace.

His ball handling is atrocious--worse than atrocious.

He has no vision for passing.

He elevates as much as my 8 year old nephew.

He tries to rebound and gets abused (and committs unecessary fouls on men twice his size while they continue to convert 3-point plays)

He is SLOW.

And the nail in the coffin........his 3-point shooting has been terrible.

It is time for him to ride out the rest of his scholly on the bench because right now, he is causing more harm than good. His occasional 3-point shots are not worth the constant strain and trouble he puts on the team. Risk vs reward for his infrequent 3-pointers does not make him playing, let alone starting, an effective option at any point for this team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 people
Doc, no need for name calling. The rest of your post makes fair points.

I basically agree with you, except for the intentional exaggerations.

Skylar's poor shooting may be the result of his injury, and if so, he doesn't need to play much until he recovers. One exception...I'd play him at the end of the game whenever we are ahead and are being constantly put on the foul line.

Reactions: 1 person
It was once thought that his shooting made up for some of his obvious liabilities. What do you do when he stops shooting well (for whatever reason)? Well, I'd play him sparingly. That's where we are now.

Skylar has to be pulled from the rotation--and definitely, 100%, unequivocally, needs to be pulled from the starting role that he so irresponsibly and uselessly takes up.

His defense serves one role only--zone/trap at the top of the key. Other than that, he is as useless as a handful of condoms in a monastery.

He has the slowest feet and can NEVER stay in front of ANYONE driving or pressing with any sort of moderate pace.

He tries to rebound and gets abused (and committs unecessary fouls on men twice his size while they continue to convert 3-point plays)

He is SLOW.

It is time for him to ride out the rest of his scholly on the bench because right now, he is causing more harm than good. His occasional 3-point shots are not worth the constant strain and trouble he puts on the team. Risk vs reward for his infrequent 3-pointers does not make him playing, let alone starting, an effective option at any point for this team.

I feel your pain. The day he graduates will be a very good day.

We ought to remember not to be mean about it. Lets just try to treat it professionally. He's been a good Vol. he just isn't giving us what we need to have right now.

Maybe if hed shave and cut his hair he will be able to get back to his original equilibrium and be able to shoot like he use 2 lol

We ought to remember not to be mean about it. Lets just try to treat it professionally. He's been a good Vol. he just isn't giving us what we need to have right now.

I've not been a Skylar fan for 3.5 season. Most people's opinions of Skylar have been pretty consistent through his time at UT. The ones that like him respect the hard working white kid that lacks skills that plays hard and gives his all. The ones that do not like him just want him replaced with someone that has talent and can contribute to the team.

I've not been a Skylar fan for 3.5 season. Most people's opinions of Skylar have been pretty consistent through his time at UT. The ones that like him respect the hard working white kid that lacks skills that plays hard and gives his all. The ones that do not like him just want him replaced with someone that has talent and can contribute to the team.

This.

Ill always like Skylar for the shot that sealed the win against #1 Kansas - when the starting lineup was in "jail" for being stupid

But he still needs to know his role and only be a spot player. It's too bad he's the closest thing we have to a zone buster (and yes he has been a bust at that role so far this year)

I don't fault Skylar at all for his limitations. I fault the coaches that he has played for that continue to keep sending him to the scorers bench. I also fault both for not over recruiting him.

Skylar is a bench player starting for one reason or another. As zjcvols stated in another thread, two coaches have thought enough of him to play him significant minutes. In games like tonight, he struggles with the pure athleticism of the other team. He's a role player starting and playing significant minutes. If we had someone else take control of the position he would probably be coming off the bench. With all the injuries we have, he'll continue to see the floor though.

McRae needs to be starting at the 2. We start slow every game and use him as the spark off the bench to get back into the game. Let's try starting him and maybe we start better and that rubs off on others.

This team more than any I've seen, their shooting whether hot or cold is incredibly contagious.

Also, I'm ok wIth benching or still starting trae, but if you're gonna keep starting him he needs to have a shorter leash. I honestly think BLo and McRae have earned a starting spot next game, JMO.

Last edited:

He is SLOW.

Call UT and tell them them you know much more than the coach. I bet that will jump right on your demand.

VN Store

Back