Thanks Cuonzo

Can't tell if serious or not. But I will say this is serious.

I was impressed with the effort in the second. 95, I thought that they would quit. But Richardson and McRae wouldn't let them.

like I said in the game thread, give me Mcrae and Richardson all day long.They dont stop fighting.

Reactions: 2 people
IMHO, the Vols' inability to come out of the tipoff primed to hit shots is what lost us the game. If we could have gotten into a decent shooting rhythm in the opening minutes, we would have won fairly easily IMO.

IE, I will say that Martin has struggled to get the players mentally prepared for (specifically) the opening tip.

Reactions: 1 person
IMHO, the Vols' inability to come out of the tipoff primed to hit shots is what lost us the game. If we could have gotten into a decent shooting rhythm in the opening minutes, we would have won fairly easily IMO.

IE, I will say that Martin has struggled to get the players mentally prepared for (specifically) the opening tip.

The d was horrible the first 20.

My three biggest Cuonzo complaints:

1) He doesn't use timeouts.

2) He doesn't push tempo when it gives UT an edge or is working.

3) They look sluggish to start games.

Reactions: 3 people

4. He doesn't play zone when it is obviously needed (tonight).

He used one with 17 min to go in the 2nd half. He should've used a couple more in the 1st half. Memphis hit back to back threes and basically couldn't miss.

Memphis shot 56.4% from the field and 63.6% from 3. UT outrebounded them by 8 and got 7 more offensive boards and got 11 more shots. FT's ended up being about the same in the end.

Memphis blocked 11 shots and had 11 steals had 16 assists and only 10 turnovers. We needed them to turn the ball over more to win. And 11 blocked shots and 11 steals is absurd. UT is lucky they didn't lose by 20+ looking at their stat line.

Sounds like he's more reactive than proactive.

I don't care about that. We don't need a zone D. (Where's Sparty and I to battle over this!)

I disagree. You at least need to be capable. It was obvious from the tip tonight that we couldn't keep up with memphis man to man. A zone allows you to offset that somewhat.

I disagree. You at least need to be capable. It was obvious from the tip tonight that we couldn't keep up with memphis man to man. A zone allows you to offset that somewhat.

Zone causes other problems to. Your rotation isn't as good, harder to rebound, easier shots from 3, etc.

I'm pretty sure we average 5 pts the first 5 minutes of every game.

Not coincidentally, McRae is sitting on the pine as a non-starter those first 5 minutes.

just sayin'

I'd like to see Martin throw a zone in there just to try and confuse the opponent at times. However, tonight Memphis could hardly miss. They were 7-11 from 3 and I shudder to think what they would've done if they had taken more.

VN Store

Back