SI.com Stock Report

gardners_51609

Get Heuped Up!
i think if martin uses reese talents and we do more slashing to the goal as richardson did last game. mcbee needs to come off bench and get into the flow with the 3's.

I think UK is a definite buy. They will only improve. Florida is a hold. Tennessee is a hold more than sell. SEC is weaker than usual, and Reese may provide some (not all of course) of what he have missed from Maymon. Maymon might also return. Too much uncertainty to make a move on us eight now.

I think UK is a definite buy. They will only improve. Florida is a hold. Tennessee is a hold more than sell. SEC is weaker than usual, and Reese may provide some (not all of course) of what he have missed from Maymon. Maymon might also return. Too much uncertainty to make a move on us eight now.

I agree. This maybe a terrible comparison, but I believe our Out of Conference schedule will be kinda similar in strength to our in conference schedule. We will play some above average teams (Florida, Mizzou and UK), we will play some average teams and some terrible teams. I could see us winning 12 games in conference. With a win Friday that would put us at 21-9 heading in to the SEC tourney...

To further the comparison:

Above Average:
Out of Conference: Oklahoma State, Georgetown and Witchita State (Went 1-2)
In: Conference: Mizzou, Florida and Kentucky

Average:
Out: Virginia, Xavier and Memphis (Went 1-1 so far)
In: Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M and Miss. State

All the others are below average and we went 6-0 against those teams...

Last edited:
Going back to the road January 12th. Hold all expectations til then.
Can we score more than 38 points on the road?

I agree. This maybe a terrible comparison, but I believe our Out of Conference schedule will be kinda similar in strength to our in conference schedule. We will play some above average teams (Florida, Mizzou and UK), we will play some average teams and some terrible teams. I could see us winning 12 games in conference. With a win Friday that would put us at 21-9 heading in to the SEC tourney...

To further the comparison:

Above Average:
Out of Conference: Oklahoma State, Georgetown and Witchita State (Went 1-2)
In: Conference: Mizzou, Florida and Kentucky

Average:
Out: Virginia, Xavier and Memphis (Went 1-1 so far)
In: Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M and Miss. State

All the others are below average and we went 6-0 against those teams...

Miss St. is awful. Ole Miss is the one to worry about. Alabama is trending downward due to injuries.

I have to admit.
I'm concerned that 11 games in we're benching for lack of effort.
Doesn't say a lot for our upperclassmen.

I agree. If that lesson needs to be taught, you hope it's within the first couple if games. Ideally, it's learned in practice.

I have to admit.
I'm concerned that 11 games in we're benching for lack of effort.
Doesn't say a lot for our upperclassmen.

Golden confused me, he usually shows effort and emotion.

However, how long have I been saying it about Jarnell?

Reading jarnells quotes in Quinn's article today he may have gotten the message.

Reactions: 1 person
Golden confused me, he usually shows effort and emotion.

However, how long have I been saying it about Jarnell?

Reading jarnells quotes in Quinn's article today he may have gotten the message.
Worries me that Jarnell is sitting there watching Yemi and thinking, Oh, that's how I'm supposed to play defense.
Who is the 5 star anyway and why wouldn't he know what's expected of him?

Worries me that Jarnell is sitting there watching Yemi and thinking, Oh, that's how I'm supposed to play defense.
Who is the 5 star anyway and why wouldn't he know what's expected of him?

Lol yea that cracked me up....it's not like I'm trying to play bad defense hahaha

Well see....if he wants to make a statement tomorrow would be a good time.

Of all the players this year, Mcbee is the most disappointing. He can't hit the broad side of a barn! He has got to hit those open looks.

Isn't McBee's elbow injured? If so I think it really has his shot messed up.

VN Store

Back