Josh Pastner has no interest in playing Tennessee

bleedingTNorange

Josh Pastner has no interest in continuing UT-Memphis series » govolsxtra.com Mobile

"We will not play Tennessee anymore as long as I'm the head coach and I'm doing my scheduling," Memphis coach Josh Pastner told the News Sentinel on Monday.

...Pastner replied, "No, I have no interest in doing it in Nashville on a neutral court, either."

Pastner said "...The rival game for our fan base, our city, is Louisville, not Tennessee."

Can't blame the dude, I personally hate he doesnt want to play the VOLS. All that game does is benefit Tennessee, gives them an "in" to the Memphis area for basketball recruiting.

With Louisville leaving for the ACC, I'd love to schedule them home - home

I'd like to see Memphis play schools like us...basketball schools in urban settings:

Butler, Xavier, UNLV, New Mexico, VCU, etc.

I'm not opposed to giving the UT series a break.

I understand his reasoning, and no one has control over it. But it is a shame. As a graduate of both schools and being from Memphis this has been a fun series for both sides. I know plenty of Memphis people who hate to see this go.

Reactions: 1 person
exactly right.

I don't understand why these stupid arguments are made between our two fan bases. It is a great rivalry both ways. Some of this silliness is just dumb. I can't believe a Memphis fan is saying something positive about Louisville just to piss off UT fans.

I don't understand why these stupid arguments are made between our two fan bases. It is a great rivalry both ways. Some of this silliness is just dumb. I can't believe a Memphis fan is saying something positive about Louisville just to piss off UT fans.

To be fair, he is both a Memphis and a Miami fan. Both institutions are known for their high level of integrity.

Reactions: 4 people
Also, who cares what Pastner thinks? He won't be around long enough to worry about who Memphis plays in the future.

VN Store

Back