As much as people are complaining...

bleedingTNorange

Jimmy Dykes said something during the game that really rings true after this win....we were a made jumper away from beating Georgetown. If that shot goes down whats the perception?

We are 9-2, RPI probably in the 20s and im guessing in the top 25.

Everyone can complain about it's boring, or how our offense sucks, but the fact is we are winning games this way, and are in every game (except Okie State)

Reactions: 9 people
Keep playing good defense and hopefully the offense will come around.

Reese is going to help this team I think. Golden and Stokes probably had two of their worst games as Vols and UT still won.

If Maymon was to somehow comeback then this team would be pretty solid. If he doesn't, hopefully he comes back and Hubbs comes on board and this can be a pretty good offensive team.

Jimmy Dykes said something during the game that really rings true after this win....we were a made jumper away from beating Georgetown. If that shot goes down whats the perception?

We are 9-2, RPI probably in the 20s and im guessing in the top 25.

Everyone can complain about it's boring, or how our offense sucks, but the fact is we are winning games this way, and are in every game (except Okie State)

Like I said in the game thread, at what point does everyone stop insisting this can't work? Because it's still working last I checked.

We'll see how the Memphis game goes.

Reactions: 2 people
A win is a win, yes, but it is kinda boring right now. This is entertainment. I enjoy watching ball that makes me get out of my seat with excitement. I have a hard time believing people were really fired up and excited after this game.
Again, I know it's a win and it's better than a loss.

A win is a win, yes, but it is kinda boring right now. This is entertainment. I enjoy watching ball that makes me get out of my seat with excitement. I have a hard time believing people were really fired up and excited after this game.

I jumped out of my seat when Yemi drew the late charge. I'm passionate regardless of style, I love defense....I loved the big plays by Richardson on defense in the second half, got me pumped.

Reactions: 7 people
Think you're forgetting we're even worse on the road.
If we should find enough offense to beat M and M, the stark reality returns at Alabama.
Doesn't matter how bad they are.
We're worse on the road.

I jumped out of my seat when Yemi drew the late charge. I'm passionate regardless of style, I love defense....I loved the big plays by Richardson on defense in the second half, got me pumped.

I hear you, but you can't have an offense that is a momentum killer after those defensive plays

If we should find enough offense to beat M and M, the stark reality returns at Alabama.
We're worse on the road.

Maybe, or maybe we've improved? Only one way to find out right?

We beat M&M and we are playing for seeding at that point.

I hear you, but you can't have an offense that is a momentum killer after those defensive plays

I agree, and the O needs some serious work I agree. My point is simply this...we are very realistically looking at 20+ win season and tourney bid without our best player all year.

I'm happy with that. It's progress and shows Martin has us headed in the right direction, and can get us in the dance like many want to see.

Reactions: 2 people
I agree, and the O needs some serious work I agree. My point is simply this...we are very realistically looking at 20+ win season and tourney bid without our best player all year.

I'm happy with that. It's progress and shows Martin has us headed in the right direction, and can get us in the dance like many want to see.

If ccm makes adjustments, trae wakes up, the lineup of trae, Richardson, Mcrae, Reese and Stokes could help with spacing with a 3 and a 4 as threats on the outside, which should give Stokes more space. I say should because it does no good to have slashers out there and spot up shooters out there if you can't space them to give them room to slash and spot up.

We're worse on the road.

Please tell me what the combined points total that we lost by to Virginia and Gtown since those were our only true road games? No I'm not counting Ok State because that was a neutral floor. Once you figure out the answer to that quandry then get back to me and please explain to me how we are "Worse on the road.

Please tell me what the combined points total that we lost by to Virginia and Gtown since those were our only true road games? No I'm not counting Ok State because that was a neutral floor. Once you figure out the answer to that quandry then get back to me and please explain to me how we are "Worse on the road.

Winless maybe?
36 - 38 mean anything to ya?

Last edited:

I was fired up. Competition for Stoke via Reese. If he continues to improve I think Reese earns a starting spot meaning Stokes, Richardson, or Hall loses their place. I think Richardson is safe and Reese can't play center so Jarnell may lose his spot. Don't care as long as we win. Go Cuonzo.

Reactions: 1 person
Our offense is hard to watch at times, but it seems we get better when the offense is by the bench in the 2nd half (except the Georgetown and Virginia games). Our defense was outstanding in the 2nd half. Xavier went almost 10 minutes without a bucket.

If you're a UT fan then you are enjoying today's trifecta. UT wins, Ky loses and Candy is getting their asses handed to them at home by Butler. Today has been outstanding.

Reactions: 1 person
One game at a time. Memphis High next. Get the win no matter how ugly. But would prefer Golden, McRae and Stokes getting their heads back in the game and giving smart, full effort. Regardless the other guys have earned more minutes and have talent that helps. Need Reese to be a break out shooter.

I was fired up. Competition for Stoke via Reese. If he continues to improve I think Reese earns a starting spot meaning Stokes, Richardson, or Hall loses their place. I think Richardson is safe and Reese can't play center so Jarnell may lose his spot. Don't care as long as we win. Go Cuonzo.

Reese isn't taking minutes from stokes.

I love in your jock physical defensive games (no homo)....reminds me of the New York Knicks with Starks, Oakley, Rivers, Ewing, and Mason....hard core defensive basketball.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back