We have found our back up PG!

cubs3vols

I think Mr. Lopez played great for us tonight, and his play was key with us winning. I have said this since trae's freshman year, we got to find us a backup PG for when he has games like this one. Trae played horrible tonight, and he will play like this again before the year is over. But now hopefully we have found a PG that can pick up the slack. I hope Lopez get more minutes after tonight and he deserves them. The five players that played during our run to take the lead, has earn my up most respect. Those five players were, Lopez, Yemi, Reese, Richardson, and McRae. Once again great win tonight and let's get ready for Tiger high! Go vols

Reactions: 2 people
If we hit a couple more free throws against georgetown we win and i think most of us would be estatic with our record. we have some young guys starting to get involved. lets see how we do in conference play. all of our losses have been away games, too. something to think about.

know the offense isn't pretty but when the offense finally catches up to the defense man we will be a great team. furthermore, with the players we have coming in next year and maybe maymon back we could be that much better next year. i'm not saying give up on this year but we are young in spots.

Reactions: 1 person
Down 10 and he goes with one starter and a guy that was playing in his first game. Loved it. Changed everything.

Lopez came up big. Richardson (big upside) and Reese are the source of some offense. Very happy with Reese's debut. McRae, McBee, and Golden are still inconsistent. Yemi and Hall outplayed Stokes by a lot. Time for this team to go a different direction and we saw it tonight with more minutes to the guys off the bench. We now know that Maymon made Stokes the player he was last season. He is very limited on offense. Yemi has worked hard and is dominating underneath with great focus and energy.

Maybe this game sent a wake-up call to Golden, McRae and Stokes.

Reactions: 3 people
Made that run with 1 starter on the floor.
Cuonzo sending a message.

1 starter, a walk-on, a kid playing his first college game, and a former walk-on (McBee).

Big message sent. Stokes responded well. Trae is just struggling in general.

1 starter, a walk-on, a kid playing his first college game, and a former walk-on (McBee).

Big message sent. Stokes responded well. Trae is just struggling in general.

Trae had one bad game. He is the hear and sole of this team with Maymon gone.

Trae had one bad game. He is the hear and sole of this team with Maymon gone.

Two bad games. He is 1-14 from the field in his last two. Furthermore, he needs to be reminded that everyone is replaceable if they become complacent, despite a lack of overtly talented options behind him.

I am wondering why he isn't starting. Tip your hat to the young man. He gave the team a spark and played with much more energy and confidence that Trae. He deserves whatever minutes he gets.

Down 10 and he goes with one starter and a guy that was playing in his first game. Loved it. Changed everything.

Lopez came up big. Richardson (big upside) and Reese are the source of some offense. Very happy with Reese's debut. McRae, McBee, and Golden are still inconsistent. Yemi and Hall outplayed Stokes by a lot. Time for this team to go a different direction and we saw it tonight with more minutes to the guys off the bench. We now know that Maymon made Stokes the player he was last season. He is very limited on offense. Yemi has worked hard and is dominating underneath with great focus and energy.

Maybe this game sent a wake-up call to Golden, McRae and Stokes.

At least McRae was trying. Stokes and Golden looked complacent out there, especially Golden. Also, McRae made a huge insurance shot at the end of the game (though I guess Golden made some clutch free throws, too).

Still, this was the worst game I've seen from Golden. I hope he takes a good look at the tape and is as shocked by his lazy post entry passes as I was.

Forgot to mention, Lopez played great. Love his defensive intensity. Moore actually played okay this game, but Lopez is much more consistent and reliable right now.

Last edited:
I'd say Q is most likely of anyone to depart.

Edwards had a splint on his fingers tonight, I'm guessing that's why he saw no action.

Broken finger from practice? Didn't know about that. Yeah, I could see why he didn't play. I like his offensive game. I think he's better than Moore or Q.

Edwards Reese and Mcbee may actually be able to stretch the D as consistent threats. Open it for the bigs and slashers.

VN Store

Back