new year hopes

Spartacavolus

Big Member
-that I don't have to watch Kenny hall anymore
-that Lopez gets more minutes because his energy helps the whole team and he is a better passer than Trae. Its obvious.
-and that our coach studies some offenses and steps up. Xavier has spacing that allows them to get isolations and we can't get our big man a touch.

I love yemi. Hall makes 5 bad plays for every good one.

I thought Hall played pretty good in the 2nd half when he came back in and made a basket and then had one roll off. His best effort of the day. Sadly, he won't do that every time.

-that I don't have to watch Kenny hall anymore
-that Lopez gets more minutes because his energy helps the whole team and he is a better passer than Trae. Its obvious.
-and that our coach studies some offenses and steps up. Xavier has spacing that allows them to get isolations and we can't get our big man a touch.

Stokes should get one touch in the post almost every possession.

Yemi is really improving. I love it. He has great energy and it looks like he'll be a legitimate contributor this year, which is more than I thought he'd be.

Hall is frustrating but made a few plays today.

It's a shame we won't play Yemi and Jarnell together, I think that handcuffs us some on offense.

I don't know either. Yemi has a good basketball iq and decent instincts. He can pass the ball on the interior and get the ball in the basket quickly. I would think it would be worth a look.

If today is any indication, Edwards, Moore and Chievous are going to have trouble seeing the floor unless someone gets injured or in foul trouble.

Moore and Edwards have been a disappointment. Lopez comes in as a walk on and has beaten out Moore. Now Reese comes back from injury and Edwards will see his time reduced along with Chievous.

If today is any indication, Edwards, Moore and Chievous are going to have trouble seeing the floor unless someone gets injured or in foul trouble.

Moore and Edwards have been a disappointment. Lopez comes in as a walk on and has beaten out Moore. Now Reese comes back from injury and Edwards will see his time reduced along with Chievous.

To be fair to Moore, he was not recruited to be a PG, at least I don't think. He is still young though. Edwards needs to contribute as a JUCO.

I was really surprised Reese got that much time, but I see why he can be lethal. A 6'8" 3 point shooter is valuable and something not all teams have. His shot kind of looked like a set shot, but I am excited to see him with Hubbs and most likely Stokes next year.

McBee is a key player for us, too. I know gets criticized, but all he has to do is score 6-8 points a game and hit two 3's. it goes a long way for this team.

I don't know either. Yemi has a good basketball iq and decent instincts. He can pass the ball on the interior and get the ball in the basket quickly. I would think it would be worth a look.

It has to be defensively. Worried neither an guard an athletic 4, or stretch 4.

Edwards was unavailable with an injury fwiw

To be fair to Moore, he was not recruited to be a PG, at least I don't think. He is still young though. Edwards needs to contribute as a JUCO.

I was really surprised Reese got that much time, but I see why he can be lethal. A 6'8" 3 point shooter is valuable and something not all teams have. His shot kind of looked like a set shot, but I am excited to see him with Hubbs and most likely Stokes next year.

McBee is a key player for us, too. I know gets criticized, but all he has to do is score 6-8 points a game and hit two 3's. it goes a long way for this team.

Moore was recruited to be a PG.

Moore is going to have find other ways to get on the floor because he has lost his job to Lopez IMO. Edwards and Chievous may have a hard time getting PT if Reese plays like he did today.

McBee missed a ton of wide open 3's today. That's frustrating as hell. That is his only offensive weapon and he was 1-7.

Moore is going to have find other ways to get on the floor because he has lost his job to Lopez IMO. Edwards and Chievous may have a hard time getting PT if Reese plays like he did today.

McBee missed a ton of wide open 3's today. That's frustrating as hell. That is his only offensive weapon and he was 1-7.

He's shooting downright awful, he's probably dropped to in the 20%...awful.

I still say McBee's injury is affecting his shot. He has never shot this badly at home for this long a stretch. He actually got off to a good start this season.

I still say McBee's injury is affecting his shot. He has never shot this badly at home for this long a stretch. He actually got off to a good start this season.

What injury? Damn, I guess I need to read more. Didn't know about it.

What injury? Damn, I guess I need to read more. Didn't know about it.

Something in his elbow ( I heard it described as the same injury the requires pitchers to have Tommy John surgery). It supposedly doesn't functionally affect his ability to shoot but I have got to think it hurts every time he shoots.

Edit: I bring it up not as an excuse but to point out that if it is the injury, then it's probably not going to get any better any time soon.

Moore was recruited to be a PG.

Really? I knew Rivals had him as a SG, but I guess they took him after Washpun left. I think CCM can recruit fairly well, but I have to question why the staff would take him as a PG. Right now, all we need is someone who can play 15 minutes, play quick, set up the offense and not turn the ball over. I am beginning to question CCM's PG recruiting after Washpun, Moore, and now Landry.

Really? I knew Rivals had him as a SG, but I guess they took him after Washpun left. I think CCM can recruit fairly well, but I have to question why the staff would take him as a PG. Right now, all we need is someone who can play 15 minutes, play quick, set up the offense and not turn the ball over. I am beginning to question CCM's PG recruiting after Washpun, Moore, and now Landry.

Lopez only played 13 minutes, but had zero turnovers and 1 assist. Golden played 21 minutes and had 4 turnovers and 1 assist. Lopez looks to be the backup PG going forward.

As a team, UT only had 8 assists and 15 turnovers. That's bad. Thankfully, Xavier only had 8 assists and 19 turnovers.

No way Moore is a sg. His release is horrific.

He is 6'5" though and you don't see many PG's that tall in the college game. I don't remember much about his recruitment but I have to still question the PG situation. Luckily Lopez is on our roster.

VN Store

Back