Highly rated 2015 PG transfers to Huntington Prep

Still wondering what CCM see's in this kid. Guess we'll find out next season. This team need a true point guard and someone that can come in a play from the git go.

“@EvanDanielsFOX: High school transfer news: Austin Grandstaff is transferring to Huntington Prep, per Rob Fulford. He was accepted at HP on the 18th.”

Wonder how this cut into Travon Landry's playing time?

Austin Grandstaff - Basketball Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

I doubt he cuts into Landry's pt that much. Season is in full swing at this point. HP only plays 6-7 players a game anyhow, and I doubt someone new comes in and learns the system quickly enough to cut into a senior's time.

Golden is not a true PG.

My point as well. Yes I was aware of Trae being back, but UT needs a good point guard in the worst way. If nothing else as a backup to spell Golden. This season it appears CCM is already experiencing others at this position. Not good.

Last edited:
My point as well. Yes I was aware of Trae being back, but UT needs a good point guard in the worst way. If nothing else as a backup to spell Golden. This season it appears CCM is already experiencing others at this position. Not good.

Chris didn't use his sarcasm font.

Stfu.

He is doing that because no competent back up PG has been established yet. Not because Golden isn't good, because he is quite good.

I doubt he cuts into Landry's pt that much. Season is in full swing at this point. HP only plays 6-7 players a game anyhow, and I doubt someone new comes in and learns the system quickly enough to cut into a senior's time.

Kind of what I was thinking, especially sophomore vs. senior.

Landry will be an adequate backup PG, and well have an all-sec pg in golden.

I'm not complaining.

I personally don't think Landry will be worth the scholly. Hope I'm wrong but that's just what my gut tells me.

I personally don't think Landry will be worth the scholly. Hope I'm wrong but that's just what my gut tells me.

If he can come in and be a better backup PG than Washpun, Moore or Lopez then he's worth it IMO.

Meaning a guy who has handles, can guard his position, and the momentum won't comprehend change when golden leaves and he enters. If he can just keep us even while golden is out that's worth a scholarship alone IMO.

If he can come in and be a better backup PG than Washpun, Moore or Lopez then he's worth it IMO.

Meaning a guy who has handles, can guard his position, and the momentum won't comprehend change when golden leaves and he enters. If he can just keep us even while golden is out that's worth a scholarship alone IMO.

I guess that's where we disagree. I don't like using scholarships on guys that will be career backups. JMO

I guess that's where we disagree. I don't like using scholarships on guys that will be career backups. JMO

Every team has a couple scholarship guys who are career backups, just the way it works.

Jordan McRae may very well be a career backup, should we cut him?

Every team has a couple scholarship guys who are career backups, just the way it works.

Jordan McRae may very well be a career backup, should we cut him?

Big difference between our 6th man and someone who will get maybe 5 minutes a game at pg for his career. Say he backs up golden his freshman year, then we land a huge 2014 pg who he gets buried behind. Waste IMO.

Big difference between our 6th man and someone who will get maybe 5 minutes a game at pg for his career. Say he backs up golden his freshman year, then we land a huge 2014 pg who he gets buried behind. Waste IMO.

Average 10-15 minutes a game likely, as your starter probably plays 30, and could miss some due to injuries.

Not a waste IMO, as I said, most teams have atleast one or two scholarship career backups.

Yemi is likely a career backup, is he a waste? Josh Bone was a career backup, I wouldn't call him a waste of a scholarship.

JMO

Last edited:
Average 10-15 minutes a game likely, as your starter probably plays 30, and could miss some due to injuries.

Not a waste IMO, as I said, most teams have atleast one or two scholarship career backups.

Yemi is likely a career backup, is he a waste? Josh Bone was a career backup, I wouldn't call him a waste of a scholarship.

You take chances on 6-9 post projects that you don't on PGs. Josh Bone was a walk-on for one year who got a ship because their was an extra available.

I hope they go for a JUCO point in the Spring.

You take chances on 6-9 post projects that you don't on PGs. Josh Bone was a walk-on for one year who got a ship because their was an extra available.

I hope they go for a JUCO point in the Spring.

I guess, but I don't see why one project is different than another. One can say if Landry developed a 40% 3 point shot and consistent pull up J he'd be nasty.

They very well may, but not sure where the scholly comes from.

Let me rephrase my point since you want to keep bringing up examples to start an argument. I don't think Landry is an sec caliber point guard.

Let me rephrase my point since you want to keep bringing up examples to start an argument. I don't think Landry is an sec caliber point guard.

Not trying to argue at all, sorry if it came off that way. I just don't agree with the career backup thing, as I've pointed out every team has career backups.

Now if it's that you feel he's not SEC caliber then that's fine, and nothing anybody will know until next year.

Honestly I don't know....however...if he can come in for golden and average 10-15 minutes a game, have a positive a:to, guard and pressure his man, keep the score even....then IMO that alone makes him worth the scholarship. I'm so sick of having to experiment with different guys at PG the last 2 years.

I just have big issues with a kid who has that bad of a shooting percentage in high school. It doesn't get easier in college.

VN Store

Back