The Official Tennessee vs. Xavier Game Thread, 6:00pm ET, ESPNU

YankeeVol

To some, war is hell. To us, it’s sanctuary.
Tennessee Volunteers: 7-3 (0-0 SEC)

cincy+vol+o5-albums-wallpapers%2C+sigs%2C+etc.-picture894-utbball.png

vs.

Xavier Musketeers: 7-4 (0-0 A 10)

musketeers1877.png

6:00 PM ET, December 29, 2012
Thompson-Boling Arena, Knoxville, TN

Watch: ESPNU
Listen: University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site
Online: ESPN3

Line: UT -7
O/U: 110

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Frustrating to have some of the marquee home non conference games during the academic winter holiday. Not really anyone's fault, happens at nearly every school just comes with the territory I suppose.

Need a win today! Gotta keep that positive momentum rolling toward the BIG Memphis game this Friday!

I have a feeling we'll cruise. No idea why I would ever feel that way about this team against anyone. But we're at home, and Xavier kind of sucks. So we'll see.

I think the Vols are probably a little rusty with the long lay off, start slow, but come on nicely.

Vols win 71-63

68-60 UT. Stokes stays outta foul trouble he should be able to work down low. I see a big game from Jordy.

Historically, Xavier has been a team to get up and down the floor. Haven't seen them this year, but that would help us, especially after a long layoff from games. Anxious to see if our legs are tired from practice. Anxious to see if we come out with a spark or run our offense at a snail's pace and deep into the shot clock. If the latter, I don't feel like watching that today.

Historically, Xavier has been a team to get up and down the floor. Haven't seen them this year, but that would help us, especially after a long layoff from games. Anxious to see if our legs are tired from practice. Anxious to see if we come out with a spark or run our offense at a snail's pace and deep into the shot clock. If the latter, I don't feel like watching that today.

then don't watch

Snail's pace is the game plan. It took me awhile to accept this too.

Pretty confident. That type of score means the Vols win.

Extremely low scoring games have actually been when we lost. I'm thinking the total is around 120.

I feel much better about our chances against any team if we score 65+ instead of <60.

On a side not Kentucky is on pace for 56 points.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back