CBS Sports Bracket Prediction 12/27/12

Only 4 from the SEC right now? Speaks volumes about how down basketball is in the SEC.

Only 4 from the SEC right now? Speaks volumes about how down basketball is in the SEC.

Yea a little surprised no Ole Miss.

The Indiana State loss appeared bad, but Indiana State went on to have a good showing in that tourney. Ole Miss also went on to win 2 games in the tourney.

if your criteria has WMU going to the dance, it's wrong.

Projected conference winners are based on current records, ties are broken by RPI. WMU has the highest RPI in the MAC right now. So they are in as the MAC representative. Almost every NCAAt projection site that works off the "if the season ends today" method has WMU in right now. It's not an attempt to project who is actually the best team in every conference.

Last edited:
if your criteria has WMU going to the dance, it's wrong.

The MAC has to have atleast one bid, and right now that bid is projected to be WMU. Whether it turns out that way or not is anybody's guess, but they have to have atleast one representative.

That's a one bid league so I'm not really sure what the point is in arguing if it's WMU or Akron or whoever else.

no way ky gets a 6/7 seed.I have watched them and they are no better than Tn.

I see Kentucky finishing around 21-22 wins on the year (regular season), which will get them in firmly most likely. From there, their name alone will get them a decent seed.

It'll be interesting to watch IMO, because right now Tennessee actually has the better tournament resume than Kentucky. If Kentucky loses to UL tomorrow, and both teams go on to win 20-22 games, and finish top 4 in conference, I'm curious where both teams get seeded.

I see Kentucky finishing around 21-22 wins on the year (regular season), which will get them in firmly most likely. From there, their name alone will get them a decent seed.

It'll be interesting to watch IMO, because right now Tennessee actually has the better tournament resume than Kentucky. If Kentucky loses to UL tomorrow, and both teams go on to win 20-22 games, and finish top 4 in conference, I'm curious where both teams get seeded.

Win or lose the Louisville game will go a long way to helping UK's SOS get better and giving them an RPI boost going into conference play. Pulling off the upset would probably put UK solidly in the field (a quality road win + the 1.6 for AWP), with a decent seed, baring some type of collapse in conference play.

Win or lose the Louisville game will go a long way to helping UK's SOS get better and giving them an RPI boost going into conference play. Pulling off the upset would probably put UK solidly in the field (a quality road win + the 1.6 for AWP), with a decent seed, baring some type of collapse in conference play.

Oh yea, I wasn't saying they had to win the Louisville game or anything. Was just pointing out if they lose that game, our OOC resume is better, and if we finish similar in conference it'll be interesting to watch seeding, that's all.

UK clearly better in your opinion?

So we go 0-2 against the cats?

Talent wise it's a no brainer.
And Harrow is getting it together.
They'll give Louisville all they want.
I'm not making any ridiculous claims at this point.
I'll wait and see if we find some consistency.
I'll give some kudos if we win the next 3.

Talent wise it's a no brainer.
And Harrow is getting it together.
They'll give Louisville all they want.
I'm not making any ridiculous claims at this point.
I'll wait and see if we find some consistency.
I'll give some kudos if we win the next 3.

That's fair.

I predicted us to lose both to UK, but I wouldn't be the least not surprised if we won at TBA.

VN Store

Back