Maymonless season predictions...

bleedingTNorange

We did a seasons prediction thread back a couple months, but I'm sure everyone was counting on Maymon returning at some point.

So...I thought now that appears we will be Maymonless for the remainder of the season, I was curious to everyone's predictions the rest of the way. I think it'll be interesting as many seemed very high on the team pre season, but now some have this as a 15 team win. The predictions should be all over the map which makes this even more fun IMO...here's the remaining schedule with my prediction.

CURRET RECORD 7-3

Vs. Xavier W
Vs. Memphis L
Vs. Ole Miss W
@Alabama W
@Kentucky L
Vs. Mississippi State W
@ Ole Miss L
Vs. Bama W
Vs. Vandy W
@Arkansas L
Vs. Georgia W
@South Carolina W
@Vandy W
Vs. Kentucky W
Vs. LSU W
@Texas A&M L
Vs. Florida L
@Georgia W
@Auburn W
Vs. Missouri L

Final Record 20-10(12-6)

Just depends on which games Trae shows up for....based on the track record, he shows up around 60-70% of the time.

I think it is optimisitic to think we can win 20 without Jeronne. Maybe 16 - 17 range

Reactions: 1 person
Just depends on which games Trae shows up for....based on the track record, he shows up around 60-70% of the time.

I think it is optimisitic to think we can win 20 without Jerome. Maybe 16 - 17 range

Maybe we use different math, but there's 20 remaining games...60% would be 12 wins and 70% would be 14 wins. So going by your formula you're actually saying 19-21 wins total (since we already have 7)?

Vs. Xavier W
Vs. Memphis W
Vs. Ole Miss W
@Alabama L
@Kentucky L
Vs. Mississippi State W
@ Ole Miss L
Vs. Bama W
Vs. Vandy W
@Arkansas W
Vs. Georgia W
@South Carolina W
@Vandy L
Vs. Kentucky L
Vs. LSU W
@Texas A&M W
Vs. Florida W
@Georgia W
@Auburn W
Vs. Missouri L

I've got 14-6 the rest of the way.

21-9 (12-6)

I can see us dropping one @TA&M, @Vandy, and @UGA though.

BOLD PREDICTION: We make it to the SECT finals and participate in a 7-point-or-less contest.

I think we'll be on the bubble, but from the inside looking out.

Based on what I have seen so far both in home and away games this year, I expect that track record to keep up for the most part for the remainder of the season:

Vs. Xavier W
Vs. Memphis W
Vs. Ole Miss W
@Alabama L
@Kentucky L
Vs. Mississippi State W
@ Ole Miss L
Vs. Bama W
Vs. Vandy W
@Arkansas W
Vs. Georgia W
@South Carolina W
@Vandy L
Vs. Kentucky W
Vs. LSU W
@Texas A&M L
Vs. Florida L
@Georgia W
@Auburn W
Vs. Missouri L

Final Record 20-10(11-7)

Will need one or two SEC Tourney wins to feel good going into selection Sunday.

I've got 14-6 the rest of the way.

21-6 (12-6)

I can see us dropping one @TA&M, @Vandy, and @UGA though.

BOLD PREDICTION: We make it to the SECT finals and participate in a 7-point-or-less contest.

I think we'll be on the bubble, but from the inside looking out.

I went really conservative IMO haha

I think we can beat Memphis, UK, Florida, Arkansas etc. but I also know its unlikely we'll go undefeated the rest of the way haha.

I really wanted to go with 21 wins with another win over either Memphis or Kentucky. The SEC is so bad there's minimum 9-10 wins there IMO, which makes the next 2 games huge. If we win these next 2 and are 9-3 heading into conference, 21-22 wins is very realistic.

For those curious, RPI forecast has our RPI projected at 48 if we finish 20-10 and 38 of we finish 21-9. Both of those are very good numbers and would probably have us safely in the tourney.

Maybe we use different math, but there's 20 remaining games...60% would be 12 wins and 70% would be 14 wins. So going by your formula you're actually saying 19-21 wins total (since we already have 7)?

Sorry, I didn't mean we win all the games that Trae shows up for. Some of those, we still lose...like Kentucky. Even if Trae plays lights out, we lose to Kentucky without Jeronne.

Vs. Xavier L
Vs. Memphis L
Vs. Ole Miss W
@Alabama W
@Kentucky L
Vs. Mississippi State L
@ Ole Miss L
Vs. Bama W
Vs. Vandy W
@Arkansas L
Vs. Georgia W
@South Carolina L
@Vandy W
Vs. Kentucky L
Vs. LSU W
@Texas A&M L
Vs. Florida W
@Georgia L
@Auburn W
Vs. Missouri L

Something more like this I fear 16-14ish

Vs. Xavier L
Vs. Memphis L
Vs. Ole Miss W
@Alabama W
@Kentucky L
Vs. Mississippi State L
@ Ole Miss L
Vs. Bama W
Vs. Vandy W
@Arkansas L
Vs. Georgia W
@South Carolina L
@Vandy W
Vs. Kentucky L
Vs. LSU W
@Texas A&M L
Vs. Florida W
@Georgia L
@Auburn W
Vs. Missouri L

Something more like this I fear 16-14ish

You make some interesting predictions. MSU is awful and then you have us beating Florida. There are about 6 games that should be automatic wins- Georgia (x2), South Carolina, Auburn, MSU, and Vandy at home.

I feel this thread is really optimistic, so ill just leave it at that.. Lol

We did a seasons prediction thread back a couple months, but I'm sure everyone was counting on Maymon returning at some point.

So...I thought now that appears we will be Maymonless for the remainder of the season, I was curious to everyone's predictions the rest of the way. I think it'll be interesting as many seemed very high on the team pre season, but now some have this as a 15 team win. The predictions should be all over the map which makes this even more fun IMO...here's the remaining schedule with my prediction.

CURRET RECORD 7-3

Vs. Xavier W
Vs. Memphis L
Vs. Ole Miss W
@Alabama W
@Kentucky L
Vs. Mississippi State W
@ Ole Miss L
Vs. Bama W
Vs. Vandy W
@Arkansas L
Vs. Georgia W
@South Carolina W
@Vandy W
Vs. Kentucky W
Vs. LSU W
@Texas A&M L
Vs. Florida L
@Georgia W
@Auburn W
Vs. Missouri L

Final Record 20-10(12-6)

I think we beat memphis, but not sure we beat Bama twice. I can also see us losing one other, that you can flip coin on. I can't see us winning that many with our offense that can come and go at anytime!!

You make some interesting predictions. MSU is awful and then you have us beating Florida. There are about 6 games that should be automatic wins- Georgia (x2), South Carolina, Auburn, MSU, and Vandy at home.

That is the way I see this team...a team good enough to beat Florida; but a team also bad enough to lose to MSU. When you stuggle this much on offense...I just forsee them being all over the place. A very inconsistent season is what I forecast. Some extremely ugly low scoring games...a sample of which we have already seen.

I can't see 20 w's without maymon. I hope it happens but our offense was built around him and I don't know if we can run it through stokes alone. McRae has to step up. Bottom line

I expect a lot of very ugly performances on the road. Hopefully, the team stays together, plays well at home, and finds a couple of road wins somewhere.

CURRET RECORD 7-3

Vs. Xavier W
Vs. Memphis L
Vs. Ole Miss W
@Alabama W
@Kentucky L
Vs. Mississippi State W
@ Ole Miss L
Vs. Bama W
Vs. Vandy W
@Arkansas L
Vs. Georgia W
@South Carolina W
@Vandy W
Vs. Kentucky W
Vs. LSU W
@Texas A&M L
Vs. Florida L
@Georgia W
@Auburn W
Vs. Missouri L

Final Record 20-10(12-6)

It's possible since the SEC appears to be pretty weak.

It's possible since the SEC appears to be pretty weak.

Yea, I mean there's some teams in the SEC worse than UMASS and Western Carolina, so if we come to play I honestly see a minimum of 8-9 conference wins. Then at home this team has shown they can beat a good team (Wichita State), so I think they pull a couple home games against good SEC teams.

I think 11-12 SEC wins is where we end up which puts us now at 18-19 wins on the season, that's with 2 more OOC games left (Xavier and Memphis).

I truly think those 2 games may set the tone. We win both those and we have ourselves in great position and IMO really are playing for seeding in the tourney at that point. However, lose those 2 and we're gonna have a big time hill to climb to get back into the dance.

That is the way I see this team...a team good enough to beat Florida; but a team also bad enough to lose to MSU. When you stuggle this much on offense...I just forsee them being all over the place. A very inconsistent season is what I forecast. Some extremely ugly low scoring games...a sample of which we have already seen.

If this team loses to Miss St at home then this will be an awful season. Miss St is horrible this year. They are in complete rebuild mode.

Also, if UT loses to Xavier then there will be cause for concern. This year's Xavier team is not that good. They lost to an average at best Candy team at home and just lost to Wofford at home.

I expect a lot of very ugly performances on the road. Hopefully, the team stays together, plays well at home, and finds a couple of road wins somewhere.

UT can play with and beat a lot of teams at home. They can lose to a lot of teams on the road. If they can take care of business at home and steal a few on the road then they'll be on the bubble IMO.

I don't see them beating Fla this year. Luckily, we get them at home. I think Fla or Mizzou takes the title this year. If I had to lay money, I'd put it on Fla right now.

VN Store

Back