Schedule?

Cartervol

5 star member
I see where Tennessee is playing Ole Miss twice, Florida and Missouri only once a piece.. What's up with that? I think that might work out for the better. Weird though..

Reactions: 1 person
It's because of the 14 team conference now. Not sure why teams from the west got scheduled twice, but, it is what it is.

On the bright side, if we beat UF and UK, it gives us a sweep for the season. :)

I see where Tennessee is playing Ole Miss twice, Florida and Missouri only once a piece.. What's up with that? I think that might work out for the better. Weird though..

That should be 2 wins and will help the overall win total

We were fussing about this last year and how we had to play the East teams twice (tougher games) while the West teams (which usually aren't any good) play each other twice. I'll take Ole Miss twice over a home and away with Florida any day of the week.

we need to get maymon back or he needs to have new line up

Bringing back Maymon this year would be a mistake because you'd burn a year of his eligibility. He's going to be out of shape and rusty, with a best-case scenario of a return in mid-late February. Not worth it to bring him back for such a short amount of time when you don't know how effective he's going to be.

Keep him on the roster, redshirt, and bring him back next year if he wants to stay. We're just in a bad position with that right now, but this is our best option, IMO.

Bringing back Maymon this year would be a mistake because you'd burn a year of his eligibility. He's going to be out of shape and rusty, with a best-case scenario of a return in mid-late February. Not worth it to bring him back for such a short amount of time when you don't know how effective he's going to be.

Keep him on the roster, redshirt, and bring him back next year if he wants to stay. We're just in a bad position with that right now, but this is our best option, IMO.

i agree he needs to change the line up work the ball inside more id stokes is suppose to be all that they depend on 3 to much

Agree. With Maymon redshirted Stoke's numbers will suffer. Stokes is much less likely to test the professional (nba or Europe) waters next year. Warped thinking but it's another plus for Maymon waiting until next year.

i agree he needs to change the line up work the ball inside more id stokes is suppose to be all that they depend on 3 to much

You don't have many options as far as changing up the lineup, and right now this lineup seems to be getting better, so I see no reason to change.

As far as SEC schedule...

We will have a permanent rival we play twice every year (home/away), that opponent is Vanderbilt. Then we will have 4 other teams (these teams will be randomly picked and changed every year) we play home/away with. This year those teams are Alabama, Ole Miss, Georgia and Kentucky, we will play each of those teams twice (home/away). So with our permanent rival (Vanderbilt) and the 4 random teams, that's 10 games. The other 8 conference games (18 game schedule) will come from the remaining 8 teams in the SEC, we will play once each.

I hadn't even noticed we only play FL , SC & MO once yet play AL & OM twice.... I guess that's what happens when you get 14 teams in the SEC...(2 to 4 too many IMO)
Guess FL is glad we only play them once....one less loss for them!

oooooooooooo

weeeeeeeeee

WhatUpWithThat_4.gif

VN Store

Back