Bigger bust, Stokes or Hopson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1985Vols

At this point in their career, I would have to say Stokes. He was a top 10 recruit? No way. He has shown me nothing to warrant that. Other than size, he doesn't have much game at this point in his career. Plays flat footed like he has cement in his shoes.

Reactions: 2 people
At this point in their career, I would have to say Stokes. He was a top 10 recruit? No way. He has shown me nothing to warrant that. Other than size, he doesn't have much game at this point in his career. Plays flat footed like he has cement in his shoes.

Last year he was great. Stop. He's barely 19 years old.

Reactions: 4 people

So barely a YEAR into playing college basketball you want to call Stokes a bust? He commands a double team every time he touches the ball. It doesn't help that we have other players that don't know how to pass into the paint and create space for him to actually get a chance to score. Is he perfect? Hell no. He needs another year to develop more. You my friend are a joke.

Hopson by far. Hopson was also a top 10 recruit (#9) and he couldn't handle the ball, rebound, or play D at all. He also couldn't shoot or score with any consistency. Hopson was never a good player.

Stokes can't score with consistency but he can at least rebound and play some D. If he could develop a consistent offensive game, he'd be a pretty dang good player.

In reality he is a Freshman having gained only a extra half season. Stokes will get better. Hopson had a better cast of players around him that he never was challenged much to elevate his game.

Last edited:
So barely a YEAR into playing college basketball you want to call Stokes a bust? He commands a double team every time he touches the ball. It doesn't help that we have other players that don't know how to pass into the paint and create space for him to actually get a chance to score. Is he perfect? Hell no. He needs another year to develop more. You my friend are a joke.

Obviously most of you can't read. I said " at this point in his career". If any of you think Stokes is playing like a top 10 player, I'll debate you all day long. A little harsh? Sure is but it's tough to face reality. At this point, I don't see any improvement in Stokes over last year and to be honest, he almost looks uninterested. At least last year he played hard. Something is amiss.

I wouldn't call Stokes a bust as of yet, he's simply not surrounded by much talent and the opposition has found a way to neutralize the Vols. Opposing teams are going to force the other players on the court to beat them by double/triple teaming Stokes.

Obviously most of you can't read. I said " at this point in his career". If any of you think Stokes is playing like a top 10 player, I'll debate you all day long. A little harsh? Sure is but it's tough to face reality. At this point, I don't see any improvement in Stokes over last year and to be honest, he almost looks uninterested. At least last year he played hard. Something is amiss.

Well, let's see.

1) He's 18 year old and expected to be the best player on the team.

2) His running mate is out right now and replaced by a consistent underachieving player.

3) The offensive strategy sucks.

4) The guards don't get him the ball when he's open.

5) When he gets the ball, he's doubled team and has to pass it, expect his teammates stand around like zombies.

6) He has to be the best rebounder on the team, even though he gets pushed around as much as anyone.

Just stop it.

Reactions: 7 people

Don't let being pissed off about the football coach situation make you act like an ass by calling a teenager yet to play a full year a bust.

Grow up.

Reactions: 4 people
This is the dumbest thread I have seen in quite some time. The man is 19 years old... We are without Maymon which leading to him getting double teamed 75% of the time. Please don't watch anymore basketball this season and find new team to cheer for. We don't want you as a fan

Ok you're right. He's a bust lets pack it up and give up on him. He's played a total of 23 games in college basketball. Not even a full season. He's had one offseason and didn't come into Tennessee known as a prolific scorer. Can you just wait and see how it plays out. If UT wins tonight do you even bring this up?

Well, let's see.

1) He's 18 year old and expected to be the best player on the team.

2) His running mate is out right now and replaced by a consistent underachieving player.

3) The offensive strategy sucks.

4) The guards don't get him the ball when he's open.

5) When he gets the ball, he's doubled team and has to pass it, expect his teammates stand around like zombies.

6) He has to be the best rebounder on the team, even though he gets pushed around as much as anyone.

Just stop it.

I don't always agree with you, but, you do make some valid points and when you do I ditto them as you know.
I think it's time to re evaluate where we are as a program. despite differences we are all on the same team. Are we not?

I don't always agree with you, but, you do make some valid points and when you do I ditto them as you know.
I think it's time to re evaluate where we are as a program. despite differences we are all on the same team. Are we not?

Remember when this team was barely .500 in the non-conference, then they rallied to go 10-6 in the conference?

Okay, that was ten months ago.

It's not time to reevaluate the program. The coaching staff needs to reevaluate the offense. The D is great. Rebounding is very good.

I'm not going to panic seven games into a season.

Also, Tennessee has lost to three most likely NCAA Tourney teams. We aren't losing to bad teams here. It just looks bad because of the low score.

"Fans" like the OP already tore down the Football program, no onto Basketball. Mix in a little Cheek and some Hart and we can destroy the Athletic Dept. by the end of the year !!! Go Vols ! and keep starting your trash threads!

You are consistently one of the biggest morons on here. Congrats.

Reactions: 1 person

Perfect example of a classless useless post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back