1065 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Bigger bust, Stokes or Hopson? Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. This is the dumbest thread I have seen in quite some time. The man is 19 years old... We are ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-05-2012, 08:33 PM   #16 (permalink)

This is the dumbest thread I have seen in quite some time. The man is 19 years old... We are without Maymon which leading to him getting double teamed 75% of the time. Please don't watch anymore basketball this season and find new team to cheer for. We don't want you as a fan
Old 12-05-2012, 08:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1985Vols View Post
Obviously most of you can't read. I said " at this point in his career". If any of you think Stokes is playing like a top 10 player, I'll debate you all day long. A little harsh? Sure is but it's tough to face reality. At this point, I don't see any improvement in Stokes over last year and to be honest, he almost looks uninterested. At least last year he played hard. Something is amiss.
Ok you're right. He's a bust lets pack it up and give up on him. He's played a total of 23 games in college basketball. Not even a full season. He's had one offseason and didn't come into Tennessee known as a prolific scorer. Can you just wait and see how it plays out. If UT wins tonight do you even bring this up?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
"I Play For Keeps"

This thread is dumb. You are dumb. So dumb. For real.
VN Likes: 3
Old 12-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjcvols View Post
Well, let's see.

1) He's 18 year old and expected to be the best player on the team.

2) His running mate is out right now and replaced by a consistent underachieving player.

3) The offensive strategy sucks.

4) The guards don't get him the ball when he's open.

5) When he gets the ball, he's doubled team and has to pass it, expect his teammates stand around like zombies.

6) He has to be the best rebounder on the team, even though he gets pushed around as much as anyone.

Just stop it.
I don't always agree with you, but, you do make some valid points and when you do I ditto them as you know.
I think it's time to re evaluate where we are as a program. despite differences we are all on the same team. Are we not?
Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #20 (permalink)
We about to break da bank

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowthevols View Post
I don't always agree with you, but, you do make some valid points and when you do I ditto them as you know.
I think it's time to re evaluate where we are as a program. despite differences we are all on the same team. Are we not?
Remember when this team was barely .500 in the non-conference, then they rallied to go 10-6 in the conference?

Okay, that was ten months ago.

It's not time to reevaluate the program. The coaching staff needs to reevaluate the offense. The D is great. Rebounding is very good.

I'm not going to panic seven games into a season.

Also, Tennessee has lost to three most likely NCAA Tourney teams. We aren't losing to bad teams here. It just looks bad because of the low score.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

"Fans" like the OP already tore down the Football program, no onto Basketball. Mix in a little Cheek and some Hart and we can destroy the Athletic Dept. by the end of the year !!! Go Vols ! and keep starting your trash threads!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:10 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
At this point in their career, I would have to say Stokes. He was a top 10 recruit? No way. He has shown me nothing to warrant that. Other than size, he doesn't have much game at this point in his career. Plays flat footed like he has cement in his shoes.
You are consistently one of the biggest morons on here. Congrats.
VN Likes: 1
Old 12-06-2012, 05:57 AM   #23 (permalink)

Another loss, another retarded thread.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:01 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
At this point in their career, I would have to say Stokes. He was a top 10 recruit? No way. He has shown me nothing to warrant that. Other than size, he doesn't have much game at this point in his career. Plays flat footed like he has cement in his shoes.
Perfect example of a classless useless post.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:02 AM   #25 (permalink)

This thread is a bigger bust.
VN Likes: 1
Old 12-06-2012, 06:25 AM   #26 (permalink)

LOL, it's not even 0730 and we have a winner of the " I don't have nothing to talk about so i'm just going b@#$% about something" thread. Cheers.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:02 AM   #27 (permalink)
Love God, Love Others

OP can't be serious
Old 12-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #28 (permalink)
What's next?

Ignorance IS PISS.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:05 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjcvols View Post
Remember when this team was barely .500 in the non-conference, then they rallied to go 10-6 in the conference?

Okay, that was ten months ago.

It's not time to reevaluate the program. The coaching staff needs to reevaluate the offense. The D is great. Rebounding is very good.

I'm not going to panic seven games into a season.

Also, Tennessee has lost to three most likely NCAA Tourney teams. We aren't losing to bad teams here. It just looks bad because of the low score.
Very underrated post.

The bad losses are what hurt us last year, we don't have those so far this year.

Couldn't be a better time for a 6 game home stand, good time to fix the O.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #30 (permalink)

I made a decision not to watch any of the last three games.
What is happening to Stokes is a travesty. This guy showed, playing when he was really a high school senior, that he was the real deal.
Stokes isn't a bust, he is simply regressing under the offensive ineptitude of this regime. CCM doesn't coach offense. He coaches defense. I've heard several interviews where he is specifically asked about offense and he always changes the subject.
There are many coaches (Kevin Oneil is one)who don't teach the fundementals or the execution of a particular system.
-Calipari has a very simple dribble drive. But everyone is on the same page. Look at your high ball screen offenses.
Phil Jackson knew and completely understood and was able to teach the triangle offense. Many offenses work, but you have to understand and be able to teach it.
As I've said before, trod and plod basketball.
If CCM is going to succeed it will surprise me. I see nothing in his resume to indicate that he is anything more than an average mid-major coach. UT will be back in the coaching market within three years. Meanwhile, be prepared for some unwatchable slop.
Closed Thread