1164 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on The Bruce Pearl Thread Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Vols Basketball. Seriously........ ...

Go Back   VolNation > Tennessee Vols Forums > Tennessee Vols Basketball

View Poll Results: Would you be for Bruce Pearl's return if Martin is fired after next year?
yes 123 76.88%
no 37 23.13%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2012, 03:16 PM   #16 (permalink)
This We'll Defend

Seriously........
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-01-2012, 03:21 PM   #17 (permalink)

We have lost two games and one by two points. We have a great player in Hubbs coming in and some other pretty solid players. Seriously I hate you op and you need to be a Duke and Bama fan. We don't need you here.
mreed90 is offline   Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
THE BOSS

Dude move on
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-01-2012, 03:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
Deez who? Deez Vols

Wow OP is stupid. Pearl's offense was the same thing that we saw last night. Pass around the 3pt line and then jack up a 3 pointer with less than 10 seconds to go. The only difference is Zo's offense is only like that when we play against a zone. Please tell me the last time Pearl beat a top 20 team on the road when one of his best players was on the bench hurt.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneducatedGuess View Post
Personally, I think that Cuonzo is a great coach. However, I think that if Cuonzo got a call from the Big 10 (Purdue... Illinois... etc) that he would return to the area where he grew up playing basketball.

Bruce hasn't left Knoxville. He still is a Black Sheep in many Universities due to his turning over illegal recruiting methods early in his career.

Bruce continues to bleed orange. My question is, when is Bruce Pearl available? Let the countdown begin!
Real sad that Tenn. has so called fans like this.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-01-2012, 04:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

No man......no
Posted via VolNation Mobile
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #22 (permalink)

Can't wait to have Bruce back. He can't coach offense. He can't coach defense. He can't recruit. But I tell you what he can do and that is win, win, and win some more. If Zo can do half of what Pearl did, I will be happy.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-01-2012, 04:28 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff1vol View Post
Cuonzo ain't gonna get it done here or anywhere else. Just another Hamilton experiment. I was AT the game last night and that is the worst bball team UT has had since Bald Kevin 1. We could only HOPE to find another Bruce Pearl!!! Do any of you really think Cuonzo will EVER get us a No 1 ranking? I'm waiting.
Dumb. That's the only word that could describe this post. They lost by 1 to top 25 team, genius.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-01-2012, 05:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf437 View Post
Real sad that Tenn. has so called fans like this.
Pretty sad when someone points out we have a coach in over his head, and the mod allows blatant personal attacks. Rather than point out how Martin is a better coach than he is being given credit, they throw out 'retard', 'stupid', and such. This forum is run by a pack of Martin supporters regardless of the facts including crappy planning, non-existent execution, and zero game management. Same crap on the court from last year.

We held a team to 37 pts and lost. And the apologists continue to flame and make excuses. I've seen several people posting to wait til next year. Sad.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked4Zo View Post
Wow OP is stupid. Pearl's offense was the same thing that we saw last night. Pass around the 3pt line and then jack up a 3 pointer with less than 10 seconds to go. The only difference is Zo's offense is only like that when we play against a zone. Please tell me the last time Pearl beat a top 20 team on the road when one of his best players was on the bench hurt.
His last year here.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #26 (permalink)

My point was that I think cuonzo will get a call from another school...and my thinking is that he is under appreciated here.

Bruce pearl spoiled Tennessee fans and created expectation for the first time in 20 years. Cuonzo has his team playing old school ball that those who know the game appreciate.

Bruce pearl got more with less though. Because of his charisma. Fair or not, it was less about x's and o's and more about passion. Knoxville thrives on passion. And so did his players.

Now....whats the countdown.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-01-2012, 08:01 PM   #27 (permalink)
Raise a lil hell...

Bruce Pearl has as much of a chance of coming back to UT as UT IE 95 has of making a positive comment towards Cuonzo Martin.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-01-2012, 08:19 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UneducatedGuess View Post
My point was that I think cuonzo will get a call from another school...and my thinking is that he is under appreciated here.

Bruce pearl spoiled Tennessee fans and created expectation for the first time in 20 years. Cuonzo has his team playing old school ball that those who know the game appreciate.

Bruce pearl got more with less though. Because of his charisma. Fair or not, it was less about x's and o's and more about passion. Knoxville thrives on passion. And so did his players.

Now....whats the countdown.
I'll bite. While I understand and can appreciate the thought, Bruce probably has a better chance of getting hired at Illinois than at UT again. I loved Pearl while he was here and he'll always have a special place in our program's history, but he has 2 years left on his show-cause and he got us close to getting hammered by the NCAA. I'd love to have his passion back though. Too early to tell how well Martin will do here.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-01-2012, 08:51 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoked4Zo View Post
He kicked his best player off the team mid season and went to the Elite 8 that year.

He suspended 4 players and beat Kansas that was ranked #1

He played without Lofton for about 6 games due to an ankle injury in 2007/2008 year.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 12-02-2012, 09:47 AM   #30 (permalink)
Against the Grain

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybravo View Post
He kicked his best player off the team mid season and went to the Elite 8 that year.

He suspended 4 players and beat Kansas that was ranked #1

He played without Lofton for about 6 games due to an ankle injury in 2007/2008 year.
Again, facts have no place in the argument over the "Greatness of Martin".
Reply With Quote TOP