Trae Golden

bleedingTNorange

Everyone knows my love for Trae, I don't hide it...but this kid is playing some great ball to start the season. Many wanted to move him last year, and some have even mentioned it this year saying he's a shooting guard...please look at the numbers this guys is putting up through 5 games.

30mpg 12.4ppg 5.2apg 1.2to 2.8rpg 40%fg 38%three

If Trae continues this play this Tennessee team is in VERY good hands, he's doing a great job leading this team.

Reactions: 1 person
Dude isn't a true pg but is doing it because the team needs it. That alone makes him pretty special. Great numbers don't hurt either.

Dude isn't a true pg but is doing it because the team needs it. That alone makes him pretty special. Great numbers don't hurt either.

He has a 5-1 ast/to ratio, and shoots lights out.

What it is that doesn't make him a "true" point guard?

Trae has been spectacular this season, and I hope to see him keep up the stellar play...that runner that he can make when he gets in the paint is absolutely sick

Here's some numbers of a guy most consider a damn good "true" pg...any guesses?

34mpg 15ppg 6.2apg 3.8to 3.2rpg 43%fg 48%three

Everyone knows my love for Trae, I don't hide it...but this kid is playing some great ball to start the season. Many wanted to move him last year, and some have even mentioned it this year saying he's a shooting guard...please look at the numbers this guys is putting up through 5 games.

If Trae continues this play this Tennessee team is in VERY good hands, he's doing a great job leading this team.
I totally agree. The offense goes totally stag net when he is out of the game.

He played well last night - looks like he has trimmed down even further and appears in better shape. He at times gets a little dribble happy and at other times gets a little shot happy instead of focusing on moving and distributing the ball and/or getting it in to Stokes down low.

Against weaker competition he can get away with it but against SEC teams he had problems last year at times and last year at times he bogged down the offense.

Our defense in the first half was impressive but we need to have better balance - right now you shut down Golden and slow down Stokes and we are in trouble.

I don't have time -- but go back and see how many shots he took in the game we lost vs. how many Stokes took.

VN Store

Back