Keanu Post Juco '12'

We were monitoring him before Nichols decision, but I'd expect our interest to pick up.

I've mentioned him as a guy the staff is monitoring, and also think they may check in on Luke Cothron in the JUCO ranks...some of you may recognize that name.

Luke Cothron the former Aubbie Commit. I remember he went to Juco out in Idaho and then was picked up by Forbes at his Juco. Bto do you think that he is a take with his grade issues? Also I think Post would be a good pickup based on his size but maybe somewhat of a project.

Luke Cothron the former Aubbie Commit. I remember he went to Juco out in Idaho and then was picked up by Forbes at his Juco. Bto do you think that he is a take with his grade issues? Also I think Post would be a good pickup based on his size but maybe somewhat of a project.

Ugh....Luke Cothron is a well traveled me. He's been everywhere. I'm really surprised he still has eligibility left. He's committed to about 3 or 4 different programs from the JUCO ranks.

got a question is there a site that has the jucco rankings i ant findin anything if u would help id appreciate it thanx

We need him in our post game next year. Does he have a good post up game? Sorry if my post was confusing about Post playing the post.

This guy looks a little like Andre the Giant, and not just from a size standpoint.

This guy looks a little like Andre the Giant, and not just from a size standpoint.

Have you seen the guy playing next to him.
We'll probably be watching both.
Mat Piotrowski 7-2 280.
Averaged 14/ 9 and 6 blks in HS.
Played sparingly as a freshman but his times 40s were 10/8.
Son of Tom who played short stint in NBA.
Brother Luke playing somewhere.

I don't remember him committing to Auburn. I always thought it was NC State or something. I remember Bruce had interest in him.

I remember that Cothron went to two prep schools North Carolina and then a whole mess happened. He committed to NC State, but signed with Auburn. Didn't get in so he went to UMass briefly, but never played there. Then signed with UNO and played 1 game before being ruled ineligible. Afterward he transferred to Southern Idaho and now is going to play for Steve Forbes at NWF. To me, even if all these transfers were not because of any thing negative (ie, behavioral/attitude problems, etc), it all looks like a red flag to me. JMO

I remember that Cothron went to two prep schools North Carolina and then a whole mess happened. He committed to NC State, but signed with Auburn. Didn't get in so he went to UMass briefly, but never played there. Then signed with UNO and played 1 game before being ruled ineligible. Afterward he transferred to Southern Idaho and now is going to play for Steve Forbes at NWF. To me, even if all these transfers were not because of any thing negative (ie, behavioral/attitude problems, etc), it all looks like a red flag to me. JMO

Six minutes Luke Cothron never should've played now has his college career on hold - CBSSports.com

Martin was in to see Post this past week and it appears he is at the top of Tennessee's wish list for possible offers come spring. I would guess a lot will have to do with the development of Maymon.

There's very little info on him and stats on jucos can be very hard to come by. Illinois, Michigan State and others have been checking in on him as well...that tells me something.

I'm guessing he'd be a lot like Stan Simpson. Illinois JUCO, big kid who waited until the Spring. JUCO bigs and PGs become hot commodities in Spring. Some are pretty good. Some are not. Simpson was a top 10 JUCO prospect who averaged 14 ppg and 9 rpg. He's in his second year at Memphis averaging 2.7 ppg and 1.5 rpg. Gives them some size off the bench but not much production.

Kiel Turpin - big Melvin's son for those of you with a long memory - was the same deal a couple of years ago. Good JUCO stats in Illinois. Hot commodity in the spring for schools looking for a big. Big 10, SEC and ACC schools offered. Went to FSU. averaging 4.4 ppg and 2 rpg in 12 minutes/game.

Just not many really impactful JUCO bigs. If they were REALLY good, they'd just go to the NBA or Europe out of JUCO.

I mined some of his box scores for this season.
There's an article on Juco Junction about him if any one has a subscription.

20/17/2
Moraine Valley Community Colle at Southwestern Illinois College | Box Score | 11/3/2012 - NJCAA Stats

4/6/2
Missouri Valley JV at Southwestern Illinois College | Box Score | 11/9/2012 - NJCAA Stats

4/9/3
Mineral Area College at Southwestern Illinois College | Box Score | 11/12/2012 - NJCAA Stats

14/14/4
Olney Central College at Southwestern Illinois College | Box Score | 11/28/2012 - NJCAA Stats

10/7/1
John A. Logan College at Southwestern Illinois College | Box Score | 12/5/2012 - NJCAA Stats

Preseason

SWIC loaded with D-I prospects | College | News Democrat

Dec 3, 2012

Southwestern Illinois has four players at 6-foot-10 or taller, topped by 7-foot-2 freshman Mat Piotrowski. In the end, the Blue Storm relied on just one, 6-foot-11 sophomore Keanau Post, for most of their inside success. Post gave them enough, too, with 18 points - 15 rbds in an 86-67 Great Rivers Athletic Conference victory over Wabash Valley (4-4) and a sweep of their Spencer Sports Center doubleheader on Saturday night.

VN Store

Back