Puerto Rico Tourney

1985Vols

How do you think we will do in PR? There are some good teams in this tourney. With Maymon, I would think we would at least get to the championship game.. Not so sure without him. I predict we go 2-1 which wouldn't be terrible but until Maymon returns, I have a feeling we may struggle against better teams.

How do you think we will do in PR? There are some good teams in this tourney. With Maymon, I would think we would at least get to the championship game.. Not so sure without him. I predict we go 2-1 which wouldn't be terrible but until Maymon returns, I have a feeling we may struggle against better teams.

I agree. Without Maymon we may be in for an early out. I hope not, but, he leaves a big hole.

Good possibility of making it to the finals even without Maymon. Ok State will be a test and if we pass them NC State will be a tall task but our defense is what we need to rely on. Also getting stokes touches. He will get double teamed opening up three point shots and cuts to the basket.

Unless things get really shaken up in the brackets, I say we definitely go at least 2-1. Winning it is a real possibility; hopefully it comes down to NCSU and ourselves. We'd get a very good idea of where we're at.

Who knows. Not a lot of great teams, IMO. Looks like NCState is the best of the bunch. Depends on match ups and I just don't know enough about the other teams. I will say this, if they have good gaurd play then UT loses early. UT has guys playing that have no bunisess playing at this level. Golden can play at this level, but he is a 2. He is your best scoring option and at the two this guy would fill it up. Richardson should be at a lower level school. McCrae lacks the bball IQ to play at this level. McBee is at best a role player, yet gets big minutes on this team. CCM has loaded this team with a bunch of 2 and 3 players who simply are not SEC caliber. He managed to take a program that is a showcase in facilities and recruit at the mid-major level. With what Pearl had established, the right coach (His name is Gregg Marshall, btw) would have a much better roster top to bottom.

Who knows. Not a lot of great teams, IMO. Looks like NCState is the best of the bunch. Depends on match ups and I just don't know enough about the other teams. I will say this, if they have good gaurd play then UT loses early. UT has guys playing that have no bunisess playing at this level. Golden can play at this level, but he is a 2. He is your best scoring option and at the two this guy would fill it up. Richardson should be at a lower level school. McCrae lacks the bball IQ to play at this level. McBee is at best a role player, yet gets big minutes on this team. CCM has loaded this team with a bunch of 2 and 3 players who simply are not SEC caliber. He managed to take a program that is a showcase in facilities and recruit at the mid-major level. With what Pearl had established, the right coach (His name is Gregg Marshall, btw) would have a much better roster top to bottom.

Welcome to the board, Bruce.

How can you be complaining about CCM's recruiting when 3 out of the 4 players you are complaining about are Bruce Pearl recruits?

Reactions: 2 people
Who knows. Not a lot of great teams, IMO. Looks like NCState is the best of the bunch.
Gave yourself away right there.
Many have picked NC St to be the best of the ACC this season.
And try learning a little about your team before you post what you don't know.

Reactions: 1 person
No clue...wasn't saying you're wrong, but that tourney was pretty exciting :).

Hopson was virtually unstoppable in that tourney. Right before the wheels came off.

The best tourney was the one in St. Thomas the year before. Lost to Purdue by 1.

Who knows. Not a lot of great teams, IMO. Looks like NCState is the best of the bunch. Depends on match ups and I just don't know enough about the other teams.

Yes it's very clear you don't know enough, maybe do some research on participating teams run get back to us.

I will say this, if they have good gaurd play then UT loses early. UT has guys playing that have no bunisess playing at this level. Golden can play at this level, but he is a 2. He is your best scoring option and at the two this guy would fill it up.

Yeah the guy was absolutely horrible as a first year PG last year, led the SEC in assists for most of the year...dude sucks

Richardson should be at a lower level school.

Really...heres where that research comes in, check out his other offers.

McCrae lacks the bball IQ to play at this level.

That's simply insanity to suggest he can't play at this level, there's been numerous games against SEC teams that he's shown what he's capable of.

McBee is at best a role player, yet gets big minutes on this team.

Lee humphrey, rotnei clarke, brady heslip...im sure names youve neer heard, but they're guys who's game was like skylars...if he shoots like he has started this year, hes much more than a role player.

CCM has loaded this team with a bunch of 2 and 3 players who simply are not SEC caliber. He managed to take a program that is a showcase in facilities and recruit at the mid-major level. With what Pearl had established, the right coach (His name is Gregg Marshall, btw) would have a much better roster top to bottom.

Yea cause Marshall is bringing in a lot of 4 and 5 star guys every year right, he's really shown he can land the big ones. We play Marshall's team this year, I'd love to revisit this after that game.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back