Three Players to Watch This Season

Richardson starting over Edwards? That would be a good sign.

Also, all I want to see from Kenny is good D, good rebounding, and no screwing up.

So is it safe to say that Stokes is the real deal and does not need to be on this list because it goes without saying ....... word ? :rock2:

Richardson starting over Edwards? That would be a good sign.

Also, all I want to see from Kenny is good D, good rebounding, and no screwing up.

I think dmontre needs some games to get acclimated to the speed and differences..:by conference I expect him to either be starting or playing starter minutes.

I'll be somewhat Dissapointed if mcbee/Richardson is the starting combo at the 2/3.

Then again, we've seen Martin plays a lot of guys early and McRae maybe just will have to prove himself before being given a starting job.

I think dmontre needs some games to get acclimated to the speed and differences..:by conference I expect him to either be starting or playing starter minutes.

I'll be somewhat Dissapointed if mcbee/Richardson is the starting combo at the 2/3.

Then again, we've seen Martin plays a lot of guys early and McRae maybe just will have to prove himself before being given a starting job.

McRae is going to be the starter if practice reports are true. If Richardson is the 3, then that mean he's outplayed the incumbent starter and the JUCO who was suppose to be the starter. That's good news.

McRae is going to be the starter if practice reports are true. If Richardson is the 3, then that mean he's outplayed the incumbent starter and the JUCO who was suppose to be the starter. That's good news.

The article says Richardson beating out McRae at the 3, not Edwards..

Rob also wrote today that right now lineup would be golden, mcbee, McRae/Richardson, maymon and stokes.

He says mcbee has a spot locked up right now...

The article says Richardson beating out McRae at the 3, not Edwards..

Rob also wrote today that right now lineup would be golden, mcbee, McRae/Richardson, maymon and stokes.

He says mcbee has a spot locked up right now...

The article mentions nothing of him beating McRae at the 3. It just says he is competing for a spot at the 3.

I haven't read that by Rob Lewis (I don't have VQ) so I can't comment on that.

I think we learned last year that it doesn't really matter who gets the start in this offense at the 2 or 3. Richardson started many games, but didn't accumulate starter minutes most of the time.

I wouldn't mind having a deadly scoring 6th man, I was always fond of seeing guys like James Harden or Jason Terry wreak havoc off the bench

Last edited:
The article mentions nothing of him beating McRae at the 3. It just says he is competing for a spot at the 3.

I haven't read that by Rob Lewis (I don't have VQ) so I can't comment on that.

• Josh Richardson (6-6, 186-pound sophomore). "The word is that if the season started today, Richardson might be in the starting lineup at the three spot, replacing departed senior Cameron Tatum."

Doesn't mention McRae, but says he'd be the starter at the 3, believe they've had other article saying mcbee at the 2.

From Rob...

"The vast majority of practices are closed.

I think Moore will be the back-up right now.

My guess would be Stokes, Maymon, Golden, McBee and McRae/Richardson with whoever doesn't start between Richardson and McRae being first off the bench along with Hall.

Yemi has improved slightly but I wouldn't look for a vastly different player on the offensive end. He's more comfortable overall out there though and Zo loves his defense/rebounding/effort."

I just think it ends up mcbee and McRae at the 2/3 to start the season...may be mcbee/Richardson and CCM requiring McRae to continue to work and really earn tht starting spot. As other have said before, who starts isn't nearly as important/or the same as who gets starter minutes.

• Josh Richardson (6-6, 186-pound sophomore). "The word is that if the season started today, Richardson might be in the starting lineup at the three spot, replacing departed senior Cameron Tatum."

Doesn't mention McRae, but says he'd be the starter at the 3, believe they've had other article saying mcbee at the 2.

From Rob...

"The vast majority of practices are closed.

I think Moore will be the back-up right now.

My guess would be Stokes, Maymon, Golden, McBee and McRae/Richardson with whoever doesn't start between Richardson and McRae being first off the bench along with Hall.

Yemi has improved slightly but I wouldn't look for a vastly different player on the offensive end. He's more comfortable overall out there though and Zo loves his defense/rebounding/effort."

I just think it ends up mcbee and McRae at the 2/3 to start the season...may be mcbee/Richardson and CCM requiring McRae to continue to work and really earn tht starting spot. As other have said before, who starts isn't nearly as important/or the same as who gets starter minutes.

Agree with all of that.

Here's an article about McBee from that site. I assume it's the one you're talking about. NoogaMobile

Yup.

I remember people freaking last year when I said on those open lockouts he should be shooting a high percent, I don't remember what number I put.

Mcbee says himself, if open, it should be 50-60%...that's what I wanna hear.

Last edited:
You were saying 70%+ iirc.

Edit: You actually started with 9 out of 10 on open looks and then backed off that to 70% on open 3's.

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tenn...son-questions-improvements-5.html#post6583507

Ok, so yea 70%....glad to see mcbee saying 50-60%....most in tht thread said 40-45 was just fine.

You want your average to be around there, but that's because contested shots are likely in the low 30%, and your open average should be as he said 50-60% atleast...this averaging out to that 40-45%.

As a shooter that's what I expected of myself, and knowing mcbee I know he expects much of the same.

Ok, so yea 70%....glad to see mcbee saying 50-60%....most in tht thread said 40-45 was just fine.

You want your average to be around there, but that's because contested shots are likely in the low 30%, and your open average should be as he said 50-60% atleast...this averaging out to that 40-45%.

As a shooter that's what I expected of myself, and knowing mcbee I know he expects much of the same.

The rest of us were saying 40-45% overall, and then you threw out 70% open looks (first it was 9/10). I don't see anyone in that thread talking specific percentages for uncontested looks but you. However, if McBee says 50-60% (which is a far cry from 70%) then I will take him at his word and hope he can live up to it.

The rest of us were saying 40-45% overall, and then you threw out 70% open looks (first it was 9/10). I don't see anyone in that thread talking specific percentages for uncontested looks but you. However, if McBee says 50-60% (which is a far cry from 70%) then I will take him at his word and hope he can live up to it.

As a shooter that should be a minimum, you expect that(or higher on open looks). If you asked Martin he'd probably say 75% on open looks...

I remember reading a story about Michael Redd(great shooter)....said before he was done with practice or shoot around...he'd shoot 5 from 5 spots around the perimeter. He had to swish all 5 before hed move on, if he hit rim or missed, back to spot one...so 25 nothing but net in a row. Obviously that's simply open gym, but just thought I'd share.

As a shooter that should be a minimum, you expect that(or higher on open looks). If you asked Martin he'd probably say 75% on open looks...

I remember reading a story about Michael Redd(great shooter)....said before he was done with practice or shoot around...he'd shoot 5 from 5 spots around the perimeter. He had to swish all 5 before hed move on, if he hit rim or missed, back to spot one...so 25 nothing but net in a row. Obviously that's simply open gym, but just thought I'd share.

I don't recall anyone with that kind of percentage unless it was free throws. That's strong.

VN Store

Back